Landis claims lab knows riders names/numbers when tests done

Landis - if he does decide to try to challenge the results - will end up spending a fortune in legal fees.

Serafino said:
What if its true? What if the lab isn't objective. Leaks to the press point to a breach of protocol which is pretty serious IMO.
Have you proofs or are you repeating some words? We are not going far with hypothesis

Serafino said:
Why did WADA sit on Gatlin's results for months and months but Landis results were leaked to the press. Not saying that he did or didn't. But the lab's credibility is seriously under question IMO and I wonder why those bashing the cyclists but such blind faith in the lab when they no nothing about it first hand.
One side : UCI, WADA, LNDD
other side: IAAF, WADA, LA lab(?)
Is it difficult to say where is the fault, if only UCI or IAAF has the name corresponding to the anonymous sample given to lab?

allegroman said:
Excellent article poses such questions

Can we handle the truth? They are our worst enemy.
This is an open letter of my opinion on the subject of cheating, the constant trampling and indecent and incorrect treatment of the fans, the sponsors, the medias, the realities of the Doping, mafia medicine and a call to action to save cycling and pro cycling against cheaters.

So the Astana Wurth riders cleared but excluded from the Tour are just victims in your unholy war. You should move to cuba, you'd fit right in!

poulidor said:

Can we handle the truth? They are our worst enemy.
This is an open letter of my opinion on the subject of cheating, the constant trampling and indecent and incorrect treatment of the fans, the sponsors, the medias, the realities of the Doping, mafia medicine and a call to action to save cycling and pro cycling against cheaters.

allegroman said:
So the Astana Wurth riders cleared but excluded from the Tour are just victims in your unholy war. You should move to cuba, you'd fit right in!
By this exclusion nobody die!
But how must I write humour : humor or humour.
Is the new text funnier?

limerickman said:
Landis - if he does decide to try to challenge the results - will end up spending a fortune in legal fees.
Yea..and if that lab knew the rider's numbers and Landis can prove it, I hope he sues the socks off that lab and gets back all his legal fees and then some. Plus that would open the flood gates to throw out every test that lab did that convicted anyone. The protocols at that lab are so broken..it's pathetic. The entire case should be thrown out if the lab violated anonymity. Reasonable doubt for tampering in then introduced.

Merc

Wouldn't disclosure of rider identity when testing A sample breach WADA rules and therefore potentially allow a challenge of the A test's positive?

mercurycu99 said:
Yea..and if that lab knew the rider's numbers and Landis can prove it, I hope he sues the socks off that lab and gets back all his legal fees and then some. Plus that would open the flood gates to throw out every test that lab did that convicted anyone. The protocols at that lab are so broken..it's pathetic. The entire case should be thrown out if the lab violated anonymity. Reasonable doubt for tampering in then introduced.

Merc

Does it never stop? How many excuses and wild theories and wild flights of conjunture will the Landis apoligists make? In their minds apparently anything and everything is possible EXCEPT the possibility that Floyd Landis actually DID cheat. Sorry guys....he's a proven cheat. Two positive tests by an accredited labratory PLUS the proven existence of synthethic testosterone in his system. Guilty is Guilty, accept it.

Serafino said:
Why did WADA sit on Gatlin's results for months and months but Landis results were leaked to the press.
I don't know but I was just thinking that with a name like **** Pound, you would think he would be the one to test high for testosterone.

mercurycu99 said:

Merc

So. Knowledge of the name of the person who belongs to the test samples means they are tampered with?

You are not a lawyer.

mitosis said:
So. Knowledge of the name of the person who belongs to the test samples means they are tampered with?

Uhhmmmm..how do you know what I do for a living or for that matter what my close family members do? You don't...... so your statement that presumes to know what I do for a living is utter rubbish.

It means there is reasonable doubt now that someone could have purposely tampered with the test.... more plausible now since the results are so out of line given Landis's precious test results. If protocols aren't adhered to, then the tests should be thrown out. This lab leaks like a siv and is slap happy with testing procedures. Their misconducts are habitual. They deserve a *major* slap on the wrist at best and a de-certification at worst.

If a lab's ethics aren't beyond reproach and air-tight, then their testing is meaningless. If what Landis says can be proved, lawyers will eviscerate this lab. It will be a blood-letting and the blood won't be Landis's.

Merc