Landis drug Revelations?

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Cyclingnews.com has been sent a letter purportedly from Floyd Landis to a senior cycling official with revelations of drug use in cycling in the period up to his Tour de France victory. We are awaiting responses from individuals involved and hope to bring you full details shortly.

Landis had won the 2006 Tour de France when a urine sample showed the rider had an unusually high testosterone to epitestosterone ratio from a test taken on Stage 17. The Phonak rider was eventually found guilty and disqualified – the first rider to be stripped of the yellow jersey – but not before a drawn out legal battle.

link: Landis Drug Revelations? | Cyclingnews.com

It is all over the newspapers now. He rolled over completely. He has even been talking with the feds, the same man in fact who investigated the BALCO affair.

He names names. Armstrong, Hincapie, Zabriskie, Leipheimer.

The truth will come out if the feds start talking to people.

Here's a slightly more detailed article in the WSJ:

Cyclist Floyd Landis Admits Doping, Alleges Use by Armstrong and Others - WSJ.com

I'm not saying any of this is true, but it's like a game theoretical prisoner's dilemma. If all of the guys mentioned keep their mouths shut and deny everything no one will believe Landis - It's like trying to stop a bullet with your bare hands - it'll be like Manzano all over again. However, if people start coming out one-by-one, like members of T-Mobile did a few years back, this could all come tumbling down.

Ouch: Landis Parts Ways With Bahati | Cyclingnews.com

Rahsaan should've known better than to get hooked up with Landis. Sure, Landis brought in the Ouch money, but just as swiftly it gets yanked - OUCH!

Floyd Landis, one man wrecking crew - Phonak, the original Ouch pro team (2009), and now Bahati Foundation...

Regarding his allegations, even I know that in a court of law "it's not what you know, it's what you can prove". At the conclusion of all this mess, I won't be suprised if absolutely nothing comes of his claims...

tonyzackery said:
Ouch: Landis Parts Ways With Bahati | Cyclingnews.com

Rahsaan should've known better than to get hooked up with Landis. Sure, Landis brought in the Ouch money, but just as swiftly it gets yanked - OUCH!

Floyd Landis, one man wrecking crew - Phonak, the original Ouch pro team (2009), and now Bahati Foundation...

Regarding his allegations, even I know that in a court of law "it's not what you know, it's what you can prove". At the conclusion of all this mess, I won't be suprised if absolutely nothing comes of his claims...

Yes, if this case ever gets to a courtroom it will sink or swim on how much proof Landis can provide.

limerickman said:
Yes, if this case ever gets to a courtroom it will sink or swim on how much proof Landis can provide.

The proof won't come from FLandis. It will come from the other teammates. They won't have the same baggage that Landis has.