Landis goes Postal

tonyzackery said:
^^^ Not gonna hijack this thread, but the above post reminded me of an entry I made on another thread:

When you witness a person that can not initially be respectful to another individual, that speaks to that person's upbringing and/or current situation in life, IMO. An angry, bitter, petulant person away from the keyboard - you'll get an even angrier, more bitter and petulant person when anonomously typing on the keyboard...

Sorry Tony, did I derail your plot by actually liking someone who wasn't pearly white?

Shallow you are...

^^ Man! You really are non compos mentis and schizophrenic. My comment to which you responded was not directed to you. It was directed to IHATELANCE, another maniacal character who dropped a rantish, profanity laced diatribe. Appears the moderators removed the comment, directed at Limerickman, for whatever reason.

You are sadly mistaken if you believe you get more than 42secs a day of my attention...you are well aware that this is the second time in several days that you've demonstrated this behavior - thinking I'm talking at you when I'm not...like I've said before, I hope one of your cronies will send you a PM suggesting you seek some help...;)

tonyzackery said:
^^^ Not gonna hijack this thread, but the above post reminded me of an entry I made on another thread:

When you witness a person that can not initially be respectful to another individual, that speaks to that person's upbringing and/or current situation in life, IMO. An angry, bitter, petulant person away from the keyboard - you'll get an even angrier, more bitter and petulant person when anonomously typing on the keyboard...

Lastly, taking these forums things too seriously will ultimately result in a quick ride to the mental asylum and an appointment with Nurse Ratched:D...

Read more: http://www.cyclingforums.com/bike-cafe/476511-freaking-holes.html#ixzz0rcQIwwRA

Even in Lance's case, due process is a wonderful thing. And does it really matter what you or "everyone" knows? Let me answer that for you - nope, not one bit. If it did, Lance would be further underneath the bus than Landis. It will forever remain that what you can prove is what really matters- and in many cases, those aspects are more than a little bit dissimilar - I realize this must be a revelation for you...

I think Lance doped. Does it matter? Obviously not. I don't defend him, I defend the proper and fair application of the process that is used to investigate individuals and try them in a court of law - and I must repeat PROPER AND FAIR APPLICATION...

In a US District Court I would hope that due process is a fundamental principal but in the Court of Public Opinion it's irrelevant - Lance has been investigated, tried, convicted & sentenced. Anyone with a cursory interest in cycling 'knows' Lance doped but the gruesome fantasies one comes across on certain forums of him being sodomised in prison showes are unnecessary.

gtm said:
In a US District Court I would hope that due process is a fundamental principal but in the Court of Public Opinion it's irrelevant - Lance has been investigated, tried, convicted & sentenced. Anyone with a cursory interest in cycling 'knows' Lance doped but the gruesome fantasies one comes across on certain forums of him being sodomised in prison showes are unnecessary.

I trust you are familiar with the phrase "you're preaching to the choir"...

slovakguy said:
more from the wall street journal interviews with landis:

Floyd Landis, Lance Armstrong and Doping Allegations - WSJ.com

with a follow-on piece concerning the possible source for doping funds:

The Case of the Missing Bikes - WSJ.com

anyone else find it strange that the wall street journal, one of r. murdoch's holdings, is breaking this story the same year his sky sponsored team hit the asphalt?

Thanks for that link, Slovak.
It makes for very interesting reading.

Regarding Murdoch, yes he gained control of the WSJ in recent times.
Obviously someone at WSJ forgot to run the editorial proofing by the dirty digger!

The article about USPS/Disco selling their Trek bikes to fund the doping is a serious allegation also.

A team selling on their bikes smacks of **** practice anyhow.
The fact is most teams donate used bikes to their junior squads or give them to charity.
They don't sell the bikes on for team/persoanl profit.

I am not one to accuse anyone of doping It patently has happened with some riders and even in this years tour there will be riders trying anything that isn't currently banned or that may be banned in the future.
The stark facts are regardless of what people were or weren't doing at the time without evidence to prove the allegations the fuss is pointless and meaningless.
What could be relevant is that Armstrong hasn't sued Landis for libel.
However as said if the practices were widespread why rake over the coals to discredit someone when the person who may inherit a win by default may not have been squeaky clean either.
its definately a case of letting sleeping dogs lie for the good of the sport.
doping is currently regulated as best as can be so lets just head into the future.

The fly in that ointment seems to be the party covering the winnings of Armstrong are tlooking for an excuse to grab their money back.

All I can say on that point is at the time they assesed the risk and decided to take it. Given that drugs and cycling have always been linked maybe they should have just turned down the cover in the first place instead of getting involved. This comment does not suggest I believe Armstrong is guilty of anything but is a comment based on the sport.

Thanks for that link Dan.

I think that it is disgraceful that professional teams/riders may be selling their bikes.

The sponsors of these riders/team supply the bikes free gratis to the teams.
So why should a rider, or an agent acting on behalf of the rider, profit from the sales of something given free?

Eldrack said:
Looks like Pevenage is following Landis' lead:

Pévenage Confesses To Operación Puerto Involvement | Cyclingnews.com

I wonder how many people he can send up **** creek without a paddle? Anyone who was on Telecom/T-Mobile whilst he was running the team no doubt. Lends more credence to the idea that Armstrong must have doped, how else could he have beaten a geared up Ulrich?

I have no reasonably answer but I bet someone here will have an answer.

Rudy coming to terms with his guilt over this??

Interesting timing anyhow.

Thanks for the link, Eld.

limerickman said:
Thanks for that link Dan.

I think that it is disgraceful that professional teams/riders may be selling their bikes.

The sponsors of these riders/team supply the bikes free gratis to the teams.
So why should a rider, or an agent acting on behalf of the rider, profit from the sales of something given free?

Wouldn't expect anything less from these thieves. Been gettin' rewards they don't deserve for the longest via doping; why wouldn't they believe they were entitled to sell for personal financial gain something they received pro bono?

Lim, with your ethics you couldn't have ever been a pro cyclist:D...

tonyzackery said:
Wouldn't expect anything less from these thieves. Been gettin' rewards they don't deserve for the longest via doping; why wouldn't they believe they were entitled to sell for personal financial gain something they received pro bono?

You make a valid, if depressing, point.

I remember when Roche won the TDF, he gave our club his bike so that we could have it as a momento of his win.
He'd give away his used kit and stuff.

I remember reading how the teams would give their used bikes to the espoir (junior teams).

That's how it used to work.

Obviously there are different rules these days.

tonyzackery said:
Lim, with your ethics you couldn't have ever been a pro cyclist:D...

I'm an old fossil:D:D:D:D
(getting more entrenched as I get older:confused::confused:).

I have been a strong Lance supporter since the beginning but the evidence is mounting so fast and with such detail I think this thing is circling the drain.

I have to think that key people in the know have begun speaking about damage control on this one but not sure how you do that. He is going to be found guilty along with Bruyneel yet they continue along like nothing has happened. What kind of bizarre world do these guys live in. They are all going under oath and someone will crack. The federal prosecutore will take that swarn statement to the next team mate saying "we have John's swarn statement right here with his signature and if you lie under oath I can assure you that you will go to prison." and then there will be a deal and two swarn statements. It it will be like dominoes. I suspect that is why Lance announced the second retirement, trying to fade into obscurity as quick as possible but it is too late.

This was the most heart warming story in the history of all of sports and the greatest single accomplishment coming from cancer to win the tour and now it will be the greatest hipocracy potentially in history seeing as a lot of cancer surviors, their friends and family have pinned their hope in on a place where it never should have been, on some spots figure.

Can you imagine post conviction: Stripped of all seven titles, who will be declared the winner at that point, Ulrich? LIVESTRONG completely implodes. Jail time and the public will want it and expect it. I wonder what kind of lawsuits come from this kind of fraud..... ugh! Millions of peoples hopes destroyed. A horrible scar on the sport. 1919 Black Sox, Nixon...merely sophomoric pranks in comparison. If revealed this will point to something so terribly evil in our society that is will transcend far beyond sports or cancer.

How about the scar on his family, especially his kids. There will not be a moment of peace during their life. The audacity associated with scope of the hipocracy is unfathomable. It seems someone in the know would have told him. Hey man you need to go away and quietly and not be heard from again. No Livestrong, No covers of people magazine, no divorce, no more commercials and endorsements, go away with your wife and kids and shut up!!!!

Maybe I am blowing this out of proportion cause I am into cycling. It may not get more than a chuckle from some beer guzzling football fan but I can see Lance pushing a broom in a mall before this is all over.

I wonder how important the truth is here. This is one of the rare occasions where the truth has such tremendous downside it will hurt the nation that politics may get involved in offering some sort of immunity to keep from impacting LIVESTRONG.

What a mess!

limerickman said:
You make a valid, if depressing, point.

I remember when Roche won the TDF, he gave our club his bike so that we could have it as a momento of his win.
He'd give away his used kit and stuff.

I remember reading how the teams would give their used bikes to the espoir (junior teams).

That's how it used to work.

Obviously there are different rules these days.

I'm an old fossil:D:D:D:D
(getting more entrenched as I get older:confused::confused:).

As opposed to a young fossil?:D