Landis is a cheeky f%^&er

nns1400 said:
No, it proves I'm almost 40 and my kid could have written your post. I also seem to notice that my command of the English language seems to be somewhat superior to my challengers, especially the "intellectual" one.:D

Hey frenchy,If you are a woman and you have this much time on your hands shouldn't you be cleaning the house or doing laundry or something? Sounds like the one that would test positive for too much testosterone on this forum is you!:eek:

schwagger said:
Hey frenchy,If you are a woman and you have this much time on your hands shouldn't you be cleaning the house or doing laundry or something? Sounds like the one that would test positive for too much testosterone on this forum is you!:eek:
What the ****? Are you 12?

JohnO said:
Floyd shouldn't take it personally - Ullrich and Basso have had their careers hammered, without a hearing, court action, due process, or even evidence that mentions either of them directly for that matter.

Sure, there is an indirect association from Ullrich to Fuentes, via Pevenage, but let's be honest here - Jan has been seriously hammered without benefit of due process, confronting his accusers in court, or even cross examination. And he's looking more like a victim of circumstance with every passing day.

Landis failed a test.
landis has been subjected to due process and thus far has failed.

Ullrich and Basso and Mancebo didn't fail a test, at the time of writing.

schwagger said:
I don't think it's possible but I swear I can smell some B.O. when I read your posts so you must be French! Please confirm:D
Sounds like you need to take a shower....who's french now?

nns1400 said:
Sounds like you need to take a shower....who's french now?

Well that was easy enough, we thought you were gone

Your response reminds of the " I know you are but what am I " style. Very good, would this be junior nns1400 I'm speaking with?

schwagger said:
Well that was easy enough, we thought you were gone

Your response reminds of the " I know you are but what am I " style. Very good, would this be junior nns1400 I'm speaking with?
Well, I was gone. And I'm fixing to run away again (on vacation), so I only have a few moments to respond to a few posts. I will be missing out on all the B sample drama next week.

As for my levels of testosterone, they may in fact be higher than yours, schwagger, but then again, that puts the burden of proof back on you as to who is really French. :p That still leaves me folding laundry here in America, eating bonbons and watching Oprah.

Bro Deal said:
A valuable social skill is knowing when to stop digging a hole deeper.
Didn't know I was in a hole, reread all the posts and see who your advice is better directed towards. I'm just killing time during a slow day at work but I agree, I'm done.:)

sydsyd said:
What the ****? Are you 12?
Sorry, sydsyd for digressing about me again. It's not like I doped or anything. BTW, I read another interview with Landis (quoted from ESPN, no time to look it up, sorry) where they asked him again, have you ever used PEDS and he said, "Absolutely not." Whadayaknow. Do you think he's reading our forum .:rolleyes:

limerickman said:
Landis failed a test.
landis has been subjected to due process and thus far has failed.

Ullrich and Basso and Mancebo didn't fail a test, at the time of writing.

They are unfortunately being tried in the court of public opinion. Talk about blind justice.
With the information given, I would say Deaf,Dumb and Blind.
This is why I detest the media so much Lim.

tiogar said:
"I'd like to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, SINCE THATS THE WAY WE DO THINGS IN AMERICA."

Now do not get me wrong I am not being anti American but how dare he implicitly condemn european and specifically french notions of justice - which is what he was trying to do? The smokescreens are coming down already. He learned well domestiqueing for lance didn't he.

A suggestion for american riders who do not trust europeans: get the plane home !!! we won't miss you.

A suggestion for americans who do appreciate european racing and moeurs nad justice and DO NOT CHEAT. please stay. you add to our sport.

F#$k off Landis you patronising c#$t.
Whatever dude. Not every justice system employs the concept of "innocent until proven guilty." Nor does every system employ a "jury of one's peers." He's a cyclist. He's simply asking for people to reserve judgement until all the facts are weighed. He wasn't slamming anyone. Grow up.

jhuskey said:
They are unfortunately being tried in the court of public opinion. Talk about blind justice.
With the information given, I would say Deaf,Dumb and Blind.
This is why I detest the media so much Lim.
I'm afraid that in many people's minds they have been tried and convicted.

It is very troubling that all have been excluded from the Vuelta without any type of formal complaint ever having been filed against any of them. At least Landis has a drug test he has failed and a process he can follow to clear his name. Basso, Mancebo, Ullrich and the others implicated in the Puerto affair have now been excluded from the Tour de France and the Vuelta and of course all other races and Ullrich has lost his job -- all have had their reputations and earnings capacity diminished irreparably -- without any formal criminal or sporting complaint made against any of them. Only if and when national organizations begin proceedings will they have a process to follow. I must admit I have not examined the doping provisions that govern in the cycling associations of Switzerland, Italy etc. On a positive drug test my understanding is that a reverse onus kicks in against the presumption of innocence and the onus falls on the athlete to disprove his or her drug use. On a situation like Puerto I don't think this applies. The closest situation to what is happening to the Puerto athletes right now might be the Balco situation with Marion Jones who never failed a drug test. There was not adequate evidence to implicate her beyond a reasonable doubt which the USDA agreed was the test to be applied. I am not making any calls on if anyone has doped or not but the mere process effectively cost Jones her career http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7713-2290835,00.html
I hope that none of those involved in Puerto are subjected to this and effectively banned from cycling without anything ever actually being proven against any of them. I have a real fear that by making the maximum use of the process available to them the cycling authorities will destroy the careers of individuals without addressing the issues that really should be dealt with to clean up the sport.

DV1976 said:
I don't think that is accurate. I'm not sure and don't care to look it up but I don't think that is accurate. There many examples of athletes that their test results became public without having tested both samples.
Secondly, it was his team that made it public.
Yeah, they revealed it, only after so many leaks made it more or less obvious: first it was someone high up on the leaderboard, then "it's not a french or spanish" rider. That the team first made it explicitly public does not mean confidentiality was respected. Not in the least.

who;s the conspiracy theorist now...

helmutRoole2 said:
Here, this should clear a few things up. Let's give a warm welcome to whiteboytrash:

See, there's a whole other level to Floyd's leak (no pun intended).

This **** Pound guy seems like a real-son-of-a-*****. After seeing a recent interview with him he seems like he is out on a witch hunt. I know... the data he is going by doesn't lie and he is just following the rules:confused: but he does come across as anti-american and seems to be dead set on proving Floyd and especially Lance guilty of doping.

Heres a little info on the guy and this is partly why I don't trust the system:

"Pound scaled back his involvement with the IOC and became head of WADA. In that role he has overseen an unprecedented toughening of the drug-testing regimen. Pound has been an especially harsh critic of the Americans, arguing that there is widespread doping, especially amongst their track and field team. He has also worked to expand WADA beyond the Olympics, calling on the major sports leagues to agree to WADA scrutiny. His allegations of widespread doping in professional bicycle racing have at times brought WADA into fierce public conflict with the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).

In more recent years, Pound has made several controversial statements and claims that have seriously hurt his credibility. He has made several charges without proof and has apparently abandoned all fairness in his great effort to ruin the credibility of Lance Armstrong"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Pound

schwagger said:
This **** Pound guy seems like a real-son-of-a-*****. After seeing a recent interview with him he seems like he is out on a witch hunt. I know... the data he is going by doesn't lie and he is just following the rules:confused: but he does come across as anti-american and seems to be dead set on proving Floyd and especially Lance guilty of doping.

Heres a little info on the guy and this is partly why I don't trust the system:

"Pound scaled back his involvement with the IOC and became head of WADA. In that role he has overseen an unprecedented toughening of the drug-testing regimen. Pound has been an especially harsh critic of the Americans, arguing that there is widespread doping, especially amongst their track and field team. He has also worked to expand WADA beyond the Olympics, calling on the major sports leagues to agree to WADA scrutiny. His allegations of widespread doping in professional bicycle racing have at times brought WADA into fierce public conflict with the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).

In more recent years, Pound has made several controversial statements and claims that have seriously hurt his credibility. He has made several charges without proof and has apparently abandoned all fairness in his great effort to ruin the credibility of Lance Armstrong"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Pound
The Wikipedia article on Pound is biased in and of itself. Yes, he's more "tempermental" than Rogge, and supposedly less of a politician/diplomat type. But he did a good job investigating the Salt Lake City olympic scandal, and should not be faulted for having high ideals regarding doping. Regarding his supposed anti-Americanism: that is a load of horse-hockey. He makes statements against Thanou and Kenteris, and I don't see anyone claiming WADA is anti-Greek... Why is it that some Americans seem to be so defensive that they read every statement against an American as anti-Americanism. Chip meet shoulder.

Bro Deal said:
I thought George Bush repealed that along with a lot of other concepts that were dear to the hearts of America's founding fathers. Current America complaining about European justice does not pass the laugh test. When it comes to rights to privacy, medical data, personal data, etc. the U.S. is in the dark ages.
Americans are far more free than Europeans. Can you imagine someone being put on trial in America for insulting a religion? Literally tried and if convicted put in jail? This happens in Europe. Investigate the case of Oriana Fallaci. I will mention economic freedom only in passing.