Landis looks fat (ish)

He underwent hip surgery not too long ago and probably couldn't do heavy duty exercise for a while.

I forgot about that.
I guess a few thousand miles under his belt and weight will fall off.

Yeah,it's not like he's ever going to race again or anything.
Maybe he could start training for marathons or something to get the weight off. :D

stevebaby said:
Yeah,it's not like he's ever going to race again or anything.
Maybe he could start training for marathons or something to get the weight off. :D
A Spanish cycling mag I was reading actually said he did put on 10 kilos since July. Must be all the In-n-Out Burger.

Landis was at our Local, and the largest Perimeter bike race in the US, on Sat and didn't look fat, just heavier than after the tour. I understand the El Tour de Tucson was his first ever century when he was getting started.

azdroptop said:
Landis was at our Local, and the largest Perimeter bike race in the US, on Sat and didn't look fat, just heavier than after the tour. I understand the El Tour de Tucson was his first ever century when he was getting started.
Interesting how little posters on this forum actually know.

It is usual for TOur riders, particularly those at the podium level to be a adult lifetime low weight, especially at the finish of the TdF. For shizzy, that is the lightest Landis ever weighed, he was positively spectral in appearance.

It is routine that Armstrong gained 10-12 pounds in the 3-4 weeks after the Tdf.

For Landis, add to that the pain of his hip before surgery, the surgery, and immobility, and the stress, 20 pounds would not be unusual. Lance gained 20 after the 1999TdF.

TOur riders can only hold that low weight and maintain peak power for 6-8 weeks. My son, who is a competetive cyclist, just underwent his FIRST body fat and power output as a baseline for this season. His body fat was 8.1% and he is not even training hard. So imagine how much leaner Tour riders get. We are talking 4% body fat folks, so it would be healthy to gain that weight back. BTW, littlebobke's first power output on a lab protocol was double digits watts per kg for several minutes at just below peak power. Not bad.

bobke said:
BTW, littlebobke's first power output on a lab protocol was double digits watts per kg for several minutes at just below peak power. Not bad.
Another friggin' doper.

bobke said:

It is usual for TOur riders, particularly those at the podium level to be a adult lifetime low weight, especially at the finish of the TdF. For shizzy, that is the lightest Landis ever weighed, he was positively spectral in appearance.

It is routine that Armstrong gained 10-12 pounds in the 3-4 weeks after the Tdf.

For Landis, add to that the pain of his hip before surgery, the surgery, and immobility, and the stress, 20 pounds would not be unusual. Lance gained 20 after the 1999TdF.

TOur riders can only hold that low weight and maintain peak power for 6-8 weeks. My son, who is a competetive cyclist, just underwent his FIRST body fat and power output as a baseline for this season. His body fat was 8.1% and he is not even training hard. So imagine how much leaner Tour riders get. We are talking 4% body fat folks, so it would be healthy to gain that weight back. BTW, littlebobke's first power output on a lab protocol was double digits watts per kg for several minutes at just below peak power. Not bad.
Yep. That all sounds right. Most haters on here would rake it up to proof of Floyd and Lance being dopers. LOL

bobke said:

Its interesting how little posters on this forum actually think before they post. How insightful and enlightening you are sir. I mention Landis has put on weight say 20 pounds since July. Suddenly I don't know anything about cycling and the effects of a 3 week GT on the body and how lance did this and that and rah rah rah. Oh my god get over your own inflated opinion of yourself and perhaps you should stop trying to live your own unfullfilled cycling dream through your son.

Did he put on weight? Yes

Did I suggest any reasons for it? No

Did I accuse him of being a doper? No

What is your point??

MPCRUSHER said:
Its interesting how little posters on this forum actually think before they post. How insightful and enlightening you are sir. I mention Landis has put on weight say 20 pounds since July. Suddenly I don't know anything about cycling and the effects of a 3 week GT on the body and how lance did this and that and rah rah rah. Oh my god get over your own inflated opinion of yourself and perhaps you should stop trying to live your own unfullfilled cycling dream through your son.
+1

Landis is on the Ullrich training plan. ;)

Aside from surgery and not being able to train for a while, there is a very good chance he won't be racing next year. It would be hard to maintain a strict diet if it is not necessary. If Landis beats the rap I guarantee he will drop ten pounds in a month.

MPCRUSHER said:

Did he put on weight? Yes

Did I suggest any reasons for it? No

Did I accuse him of being a doper? No

What is your point??
My point is, OK he put on weight, so what.
What was your point in posting it?
I dont think FLoyd deserves or falls into the the Jan Ullrich weight watchers club where everyone has to obsessively watch each photograph posted to see if FLoyd has ballooned.
I never inferred you were suggesting doping or anything close o it.
I just dont see where one photo of FLoyd desrves an entire thread to his weight. I thought you were being hard on him and called you out.
FLoyd stalks some of these forums BTW.

Serafino said:
Is that supposed to be funny?
No. Dad is a doping apologist. What are we to think the son is up to?

The only other explanation is that it is a European conspiracy to alter his power readings. Just ask bobkedesubaru.

Speaking of the hombredesubaru, we haven't seen your alter ego for a while bobke.

bobke said:
I dont think FLoyd deserves or falls into the the Jan Ullrich weight watchers club where everyone has to obsessively watch each photograph posted to see if FLoyd has ballooned.
I just dont see where one photo of FLoyd desrves an entire thread to his weight. I thought you were being hard on him and called you out.
I had no point. I was simply making an observation. I was being topical.

Hey check out Landis, he put on weight. Thats it nothing more.

Don't you think it would be great though if he did stalk this site and read some of the stuff cycling fans think of him. Maybe it would be enough of a guilt trip to want to confess all.
But of course no confession would ever happen without a multi million dollar book deal and tell all interview.

MPCRUSHER said:
I had no point. I was simply making an observation. I was being topical.

Hey check out Landis, he put on weight. Thats it nothing more.

Don't you think it would be great though if he did stalk this site and read some of the stuff cycling fans think of him. Maybe it would be enough of a guilt trip to want to confess all.
But of course no confession would ever happen without a multi million dollar book deal and tell all interview.
OK, if it was just topical my bad.
He does look fat BTW. :rolleyes:

bobke said:

Is Floyd your lover? or is he poking your son?

bobke said:
Which is no surprise as he's got nothing to do since he was uncovered as a drug cheat.... bring him on to face the whiteboy and I'll call him a dirty little cheating scumbag to his virtual face....