Landis may have been slipped a drug

yaisb

Guest
I do not doubt the veracity of the lab results showing tha Landis had
some foreign testosterone compounds in his blood. He will very likely
be heavily penalized for this, even though he fights it. However, I am
very skeptical about how he had taken the exogenous androgen. The
reason for this is because he had passed his previous urine tests
without incident during the tour. Why would he be stupid enough to
risk taking an illicit performance enhancer during the last leg of his
race, since he had already been tested three times? It doesn't make
much sense.

Could Landis have been slipped an oral dose of androgens when he wasn't
aware? There are after all a lot of people, especially in France, who
oppose another American winning the race. The drug doesn't have to be
given by injection for it to show up in the blood stream. Moreover, I
don't think he would have noticed a change in the taste of his drink or
his food after drug contamination of either.

I agree with Lance Armstrong, who says that if he is innocent, he
should fight for the truth and his name and to not take the easy but
damaging route of giving up his reputation in shame.

"yaisb" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
>I do not doubt the veracity of the lab results showing tha Landis had
> some foreign testosterone compounds in his blood. He will very likely
> be heavily penalized for this, even though he fights it. However, I am
> very skeptical about how he had taken the exogenous androgen. The
> reason for this is because he had passed his previous urine tests
> without incident during the tour. Why would he be stupid enough to
> risk taking an illicit performance enhancer during the last leg of his
> race, since he had already been tested three times? It doesn't make
> much sense.
>
> Could Landis have been slipped an oral dose of androgens when he wasn't
> aware? There are after all a lot of people, especially in France, who
> oppose another American winning the race.

Yes, the French wake up every morning thinking about it;.
It is a huge conspiration.
It explain better why they elected Chirac.

And every candidate must put it clear in his program.

The drug doesn't have to be
> given by injection for it to show up in the blood stream. Moreover, I
> don't think he would have noticed a change in the taste of his drink or
> his food after drug contamination of either.
>
> I agree with Lance Armstrong, who says that if he is innocent, he
> should fight for the truth and his name and to not take the easy but
> damaging route of giving up his reputation in shame.

On 8/5/06 2:06 PM, in article
[email protected], "yaisb"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I do not doubt the veracity of the lab results showing tha Landis had
> some foreign testosterone compounds in his blood. He will very likely
> be heavily penalized for this, even though he fights it. However, I am
> very skeptical about how he had taken the exogenous androgen. The
> reason for this is because he had passed his previous urine tests
> without incident during the tour. Why would he be stupid enough to
> risk taking an illicit performance enhancer during the last leg of his
> race, since he had already been tested three times? It doesn't make
> much sense.
>
> Could Landis have been slipped an oral dose of androgens when he wasn't
> aware? There are after all a lot of people, especially in France, who
> oppose another American winning the race. The drug doesn't have to be
> given by injection for it to show up in the blood stream. Moreover, I
> don't think he would have noticed a change in the taste of his drink or
> his food after drug contamination of either.
>
> I agree with Lance Armstrong, who says that if he is innocent, he
> should fight for the truth and his name and to not take the easy but
> damaging route of giving up his reputation in shame.

http://socalcycling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=248

CC Rider

Post Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:04 pm

For what it's worth a good friend of mine is a team wrench for Phonak. The
day that Landis popped is the same day Lance Armstrong blew into town. After
the race Landis and Armstrong were hanging out and had the wrench go out and
find a bottle of Jack that they both downed that night, so not only did
landis have a couple of beers he drank a bottle of Jack with Armstrong. Or
Armstrong gave him to much juice....Time will tell.

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 23:20:03 +0200, <Montesquiou> wrote:

>"yaisb" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
>[email protected]...
>>I do not doubt the veracity of the lab results showing tha Landis had
>> some foreign testosterone compounds in his blood. He will very likely
>> be heavily penalized for this, even though he fights it. However, I am
>> very skeptical about how he had taken the exogenous androgen. The
>> reason for this is because he had passed his previous urine tests
>> without incident during the tour. Why would he be stupid enough to
>> risk taking an illicit performance enhancer during the last leg of his
>> race, since he had already been tested three times? It doesn't make
>> much sense.
>>
>> Could Landis have been slipped an oral dose of androgens when he wasn't
>> aware? There are after all a lot of people, especially in France, who
>> oppose another American winning the race.

>Yes, the French wake up every morning thinking about it;.
>It is a huge conspiration.
>It explain better why they elected Chirac.

Well, Chirac we understand and can forgive. We have politicians almost as
cynical.

>And every candidate must put it clear in his program.

But, that Bonapartiste de Villepin he would've run on that platform.

Ron

ST wrote:

> For what it's worth a good friend of mine is a team wrench for Phonak. The
> day that Landis popped is the same day Lance Armstrong blew into town. After
> the race Landis and Armstrong were hanging out and had the wrench go out and
> find a bottle of Jack that they both downed that night, so not only did
> landis have a couple of beers he drank a bottle of Jack with Armstrong. Or
> Armstrong gave him to much juice....Time will tell.

FWIW also I noted in this forum a week or so back the Armstrong-Landis
coincidence meeting. Note also this comment:

"While testosterone is available in a patch form, the only athletes that
could benefit from them would be "hypogondal" (only one testicle) since
this treatment will bring dihydrotestosterone levels "up to normal".
[R.D. McClure, R. Oses and M.L. Ernest, Urology page 224-228]"
http://blogs.active.com/dugard/2006/07/testosterone.html

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 15:07:46 +1200, Stu Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:

>ST wrote:
>
>> For what it's worth a good friend of mine is a team wrench for Phonak. The
>> day that Landis popped is the same day Lance Armstrong blew into town. After
>> the race Landis and Armstrong were hanging out and had the wrench go out and
>> find a bottle of Jack that they both downed that night, so not only did
>> landis have a couple of beers he drank a bottle of Jack with Armstrong. Or
>> Armstrong gave him to much juice....Time will tell.
>>

>FWIW also I noted in this forum a week or so back the Armstrong-Landis
>coincidence meeting. Note also this comment:
>
>"While testosterone is available in a patch form, the only athletes that
>could benefit from them would be "hypogondal" (only one testicle) since
>this treatment will bring dihydrotestosterone levels "up to normal".
>[R.D. McClure, R. Oses and M.L. Ernest, Urology page 224-228]"
>http://blogs.active.com/dugard/2006/07/testosterone.html

Normal is better than what you would expect to find after riding 5 hours a day
for weeks. Especially in training where they're trying to get or keep weight
off.

Ron

yaisb wrote:
> he had passed his previous urine tests
> without incident during the tour. Why would he be stupid enough to
> risk taking an illicit performance enhancer during the last leg of his
> race, since he had already been tested three times? It doesn't make
> much sense.

Well, there's a legitimate theory that he took it out of desperation
(nothing to lose). But my question is, if he did so, how come he didn't
test positive on any tests after stage 17? I haven't seen a good reason
for that yet.

Bucky wrote:

> Well, there's a legitimate theory that he took it out of desperation
> (nothing to lose). But my question is, if he did so, how come he didn't
> test positive on any tests after stage 17? I haven't seen a good reason
> for that yet.

Exactly, I assume he wasn't tested after stage 18 but if I understand
the testing process correctly he would have been tested after stages 19
and 20. Is it possible that one could go from a T/E level of 11-1 to
less than 4-1 in just 48 hours?

P.O.

"pissedoffcpa" <******@poedcpa.com> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Bucky wrote:
>

>> Well, there's a legitimate theory that he took it out of desperation
>> (nothing to lose). But my question is, if he did so, how come he didn't
>> test positive on any tests after stage 17? I haven't seen a good reason
>> for that yet.
>>

> Exactly, I assume he wasn't tested after stage 18 but if I understand the
> testing process correctly he would have been tested after stages 19 and
> 20. Is it possible that one could go from a T/E level of 11-1 to less
> than 4-1 in just 48 hours?

Many people have said yes. In fact some of them have stated that Floyd must
have taken it DURING the stage because it clears so fast.

Frank Drackman wrote:
> Many people have said yes. In fact some of them have stated that Floyd must
> have taken it DURING the stage because it clears so fast.

That seems incredulous that testosterone can clear the system to
quickly. Then what about all the other sports? If it can clear that
quickly, then the chances of them getting caught is so low, even if
they are using regularly!

"yaisb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I do not doubt the veracity of the lab results showing tha Landis had
> some foreign testosterone compounds in his blood. He will very likely
> be heavily penalized for this, even though he fights it. However, I am
> very skeptical about how he had taken the exogenous androgen. The
> reason for this is because he had passed his previous urine tests
> without incident during the tour. Why would he be stupid enough to
> risk taking an illicit performance enhancer during the last leg of his
> race, since he had already been tested three times? It doesn't make
> much sense.
>
> Could Landis have been slipped an oral dose of androgens when he wasn't
> aware? There are after all a lot of people, especially in France, who
> oppose another American winning the race. The drug doesn't have to be
> given by injection for it to show up in the blood stream. Moreover, I
> don't think he would have noticed a change in the taste of his drink or
> his food after drug contamination of either.
>
> I agree with Lance Armstrong, who says that if he is innocent, he
> should fight for the truth and his name and to not take the easy but
> damaging route of giving up his reputation in shame.

Wow. Sabotage, eh? How many times do you think Landis has played this tune
on his ipod?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzTxuDUfzzM