Landis on Nightline- Tonight

roadhouse said:
i'm still having a hard time believing that he was dirty. i mean, how about all of those over 300 tests, especially the surprise ones such as the ones taken at his home, all of which came back negative for performance enhancing drugs?

Just think of a brown envelope stuffed with a hundred grand!

roadhouse
like my first post stated. the best guys (lance) will still win. its just that the times would be slower. 27-28 mph average 3 weeks into the tour.
i read a gigantic article from top world class doctors saying this about pro cyclists.
the best guys will still win.they are all cheating, but the best guys will still win.
and do the math. count up all the guys that have been caught. vino didnt win leige bastinge liege on drugs.. then all of a sudden he's clean(this year) and wins the race.. hahahaha!! must be a BETTER masking agent he's using. fool should have used it the first time.
this isnt rocket science. these guys all get caught. look at all the names over the years.. 100's been caught.
gotta be a fool to think a world class endurance athlete isnt cheating. i like watching the winter olympics x-country sking. that one guy from italy just dominated. great racing 15k 30k 50k then a few weeks later this idiot is busted for epo..
lol!!
the female 90 # russian gymnast that was so darling in the olympics gets busted..
they all cheat. what you gotta do , like these would class doctors said in the big article, is hire the best pharmacists to always be 1 step ahead of the guys testing for drugs..
great article in an old planet muscle magazine . jeff everson's magazine.
it went something like this..
" maybe the doctors that warned us about hgh, epo, steroids were correct in saying you'll get huge now, win contests, but in 25 years down the road, you'll pay a big price, as arnold has a heart valve, mike metzler died, 2 days later ray metzler died, ed corney had a stroke, petre gromenski is recovering, etc etc.. names a few more world class guys on deaths door.they were studs 25 years ago, but almost dead now..
so there you go. top level world class athletes cheat.
watch that show "bigger stronger faster"
ben johnson was busted in 1984 in the 100 meters. carl lewis was happy he was busted. then you read carl lewis's failed drug report... but somehow he still got to run?????and keep the gold????
money talks..
ask lance..

roadhouse said:
i'm still having a hard time believing that he was dirty. i mean, how about all of those over 300 tests, especially the surprise ones such as the ones taken at his home, all of which came back negative for performance enhancing drugs?

one defense i might offer ( and his defense attorney might want to consider) is his one third larger than the normal size human heart being able to pump therefore keeping clean larger amounts of blood and therefore allow for cleaner and less stressed, more oxygen carrying red blood cells to his muscles, that of which might actually surpass the normal human heart with epo in the blood.

i dunno.

I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, and thus far you're correct, he has passed all of the sanctioned tests administered by the sport. I'm simply stating my gut instinct on the topic. I think there is also some validity to the point that if they ALL were doing these kinds of things, then that levels the playing field (to an extent at least) and therefore the results are what they are.

If Lance can somehow remove all doubt that he took part in performance enhancing activities then it would absolutely make his accomplishments all the more remarkable.

roadhouse said:
in a nutshell, Lance is phucked. not a doubt in my mind any longer. Landis did not waiver once, spoke directly and with precision, saying yes, he first got testosterone patches from Lance himself but that even though patches were illegal they were not 'a big deal' to take, that Johan oversaw all trasfusions, that the Postal team bus had pulled over in '04 and all the riders got transfusions, the when's and the where's and he apologized for his previous lies, saying "once a man takes the wrong path, how long is he supposed to stay on it." or something long the lines, meaning that he was very wrong for lying.

interviewer told Landis "Lance says you have zero credibility." to which he instantly replied, "You just said I have zero credibilty." and then said the above, adding " I will will feel better once i'm done speaking with you."

Landis apologized to the public into the camera for his bit , his lies, his lies in his book, taking part in doping overall and said he is not scared to face whatever he has to face.

Lance's attorney is the kind of guy you just love to hate too, moreso than Landis which i'm beginning to like.

phuck. only a technicality , to myself, would get Lance off now.

Thanks for the summary

Finally watched the interview on Hulu. Two things struck me.

1. The interviewer was a royal douche. Where do they find these clowns?

2. Floyd was quite funny, and I was quite surprised that ABC didn't cut the segments where he takes a few digs at the interviewer.

If Floyd had got a top ten in the Bend prologue wearing a T-shirt it would have been absolutely fabulous. As it stands, he now looks a little too anti-establishment without the means to back it up.

Watching it again, I can't help but to agree with this feeling in my gut, that I look forward to seeing Johan in a maximum security prison in for life, even one of those supermax prisons where the prisoners don't see the light of day for maybe an hour a week and pretty much makes all the 'occupants' turn mad but then he wouldn't have the chance of having romantic encounters with Bubba and Tyrone, so maybe just a regular maximum security prison, and Lance in prison for no less than a decade.

Those little reels with Lance saying, "We've got nothing to hide." and "It's his word over ours, we like our credibility." along with Johan saying saying that he's known Floyd to be an angry person when in fact ( well, according to Floyd but I can see it now) Johan would frequently yell at him and disregard his requests and treat him like sh!t while Floyd simply stood his ground and stood up for his teammates, is making me sick.

Disband the UCI, send them all to prison too, and start all over again.

roadhouse said:
Watching it again, I can't help but to agree with this feeling in my gut, that I look forward to seeing Johan in a maximum security prison in for life, even one of those supermax prisons where the prisoners don't see the light of day for maybe an hour a week and pretty much makes all the 'occupants' turn mad but then he wouldn't have the chance of having romantic encounters with Bubba and Tyrone, so maybe just a regular maximum security prison, and Lance in prison for no less than a decade.

Those little reels with Lance saying, "We've got nothing to hide." and "It's his word over ours, we like our credibility." along with Johan saying saying that he's known Floyd to be an angry person when in fact ( well, according to Floyd but I can see it now) Johan would frequently yell at him and disregard his requests and treat him like sh!t while Floyd simply stood his ground and stood up for his teammates, is making me sick.

Disband the UCI, send them all to prison too, and start all over again.

A 'Road to Damascus' experience? A 'moment of clarity'? What changed?

gtm said:
A 'Road to Damascus' experience? A 'moment of clarity'? What changed?

epiphony. i said it already previously, watching an actual interview is like getting slapped in the face with a bus and reading of how USADA, WADA and the UCI act towards their ( Lance-and i'm guessing Johan as well- being a part of it all what with his 'donations') athletes along with how Lance and Johan acted toward their own teammates, not a doubt in my mind that Lance is the biggest blood doping, testoserone taking, lie and disgrace to the world of cycling that ever has lived and in now and in hindsight, he believed and acts as if he was and is above it all, as if high horse was cemented in concrete and nothing would bring him down and i want to see him bleed for his crimes.

sad.

thinking back on his books Every Second Counts, where the French lab had a blood sample of his for well over a year to which the results were not made public to anyone during that time and Lance supposedly thinking that they might very well could be sabatoging his tests, after realizing of his donations and connections and the way he acts, now i'd be more inclined to think that the lab was spending that time finding out a way to make his sample clean.

The hole gets deeper.

Last Friday Hamilton was subpoenaed to testify before the grand jury. Hamilton was on Postal before the doping program was set up. He can tell how the team changed when Armstrong and Bruyneel came aboard, how the doctor who would not provide drugs to the riders was fired, and how Bruyneel brought three doctors from Team ONCE aboard to run the drug program.

Also the insurance company SCA has been subpoenaed to provide all its records from the SCA-Armstrong arbitration.

Lemond has been subpoenaed to provide all documents and records about Armstrong and Trek that he has. This will include audio recordings of conversations with Trek's president. It will also include audio recordings of Stephenie Mcllyvain saying that she had to lie in her SCA deposition because she needed her job at Oakley to provide health care for her sick child.

Zabriskie and Hincapie will be subpoenaed now that the Tour is over.