Landis on Vino

kennf

Jan 29, 2004
Strong words from Landis condemning the doping problem. No, wait a minute, I mean the press problem:

"Just as in my case, LNDD (Laboratoire National de Dépistage du Dopage / National Anti-doping Laboratory) has leaked the test results to l'Equipe, permanently damaging Vino's reputation and causing him to defend an allegation without any evidence. Furthermore, it is similar to my case because the LNDD's leaked results have the potential to alter the outcome of the Tour de France before they have proved the alleged doping violation," said Floyd.

To be frank, I'd rather have him say this than to condemn Vino. At least this way he's consistant.

No, I don't like him.

I don't get Landis. It is not an alleged doping violation. It's a positive test result. Is he suggesting that's not enough evidence that Vino/himself cheated?

David_Zen said:
I don't get Landis. It is not an alleged doping violation. It's a positive test result. Is he suggesting that's not enough evidence that Vino/himself cheated?
That's a joke, right?

Maybe it's my leagl background coming to the fore, but he has a valid (legal) point. Due process and no trial by media baby. That's the norm in all other issues dealing with illegality.

kennf said:
Strong words from Landis condemning the doping problem. No, wait a minute, I mean the press problem:

"Just as in my case, LNDD (Laboratoire National de Dépistage du Dopage / National Anti-doping Laboratory) has leaked the test results to l'Equipe, permanently damaging Vino's reputation and causing him to defend an allegation without any evidence. Furthermore, it is similar to my case because the LNDD's leaked results have the potential to alter the outcome of the Tour de France before they have proved the alleged doping violation," said Floyd.

maybe landis will organise a whip around for Vino??