Landis puts young riders out of a job....

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
"For this reason, today I see myself forced to do something I have never done in my whole life as a businessman: I have given up!" Rihs said, adding that the decision was a difficult one. "I am particularly sorry for our young promising Swiss riders who share no guilt in this development, as well as for the competent staff members. I deeply regret that I can no longer do this in the future."

We will never enter a team in the Tour de France again," team manager John Lelangue was quoted by Reuters as saying. Lelangue also did not know what Floyd Landis would do in future. "What he does is up to him," Lelangue said.
Dutch rider Koos Moerenhout was not happy with the news. "I had just signed for two years," he was quoted by ANP as saying. "I rode a good season until now and got a nice new contract as a result. It's bitter that it ends like this...I felt good in this team, in all respects. I'm not scared that there's no interest in me, but I should stay positive."

whiteboytrash said:
"For this reason, today I see myself forced to do something I have never done in my whole life as a businessman: I have given up!" Rihs said, adding that the decision was a difficult one. "I am particularly sorry for our young promising Swiss riders who share no guilt in this development, as well as for the competent staff members. I deeply regret that I can no longer do this in the future."

We will never enter a team in the Tour de France again," team manager John Lelangue was quoted by Reuters as saying. Lelangue also did not know what Floyd Landis would do in future. "What he does is up to him," Lelangue said.
Dutch rider Koos Moerenhout was not happy with the news. "I had just signed for two years," he was quoted by ANP as saying. "I rode a good season until now and got a nice new contract as a result. It's bitter that it ends like this...I felt good in this team, in all respects. I'm not scared that there's no interest in me, but I should stay positive."

I've got no sympathy for Landis, who should realize what his doping has done to the sport in terms of sponsorship (amongst many other things). But no sympathy for Phonak either. As a team, they obvioulsy made zero effort to control doping. Eleven scandals in five years?

Please. Good riddance.

Has the C.A.S. decided Landis is guilty?
No.
Was Landis the only one on this team to get busted for doping?
No.
Was Landis the person that was responsible for keeping the team clean?
No.

Once again, you're posting inflamatory titles to get a rise out of people, without regard for the details of the story.

L

Lonnie Utah said:
Has the C.A.S. decided Landis is guilty?
No.
Was Landis the only one on this team to get busted for doping?
No.
Was Landis the person that was responsible for keeping the team clean?
No.

Once again, you're posting inflamatory titles to get a rise out of people, without regard for the details of the story.

L
Did Landis have two failed samples ?

Yes. - Guilty.

whiteboytrash said:
Did Landis have two failed samples ?

Yes. - Guilty.
I won't disagree, but it's a big jump from that, to the **** title you put on this thead.

Of course, logic and deduction has never been your strong suit in this forum.

L

Lonnie Utah said:

It's called "trolling"... Which is about all WBT is good for...

I just wonder if you could put everything related with Phonak shutting down in one thread or you had to start three?
You just love to watch your threads dominating this forum... That's why you make titles like this and tabloid kind of posts.

Lonnie Utah said:
I won't disagree, but it's a big jump from that, to the **** title you put on this thead.

Of course, logic and deduction has never been your strong suit in this forum.

L

Cyclingnews.com: "Team owner Andy Rihs, who was looking to hand over the sponsorship to iShares, a division of Barclays Bank, which will now not happen, said that the deciding factor in the decision was the doping case involving Floyd Landis, as well as the uncertainty with regard to the renewal of the ProTour licence that expires at the end of this year."

I used to like Floyd, before he became another sniveling, self-pitying liar just like Tyler. But all said, he really was the straw that broke the camel's back. He did an excellent job of disgracing the sport at a very high level.

Of course, fellow cheaters and liars Jan Ullrich and Ivan Basso are doing a fine job as well.

tcklyde said:
Cyclingnews.com: "Team owner Andy Rihs, who was looking to hand over the sponsorship to iShares, a division of Barclays Bank, which will now not happen, said that the deciding factor in the decision was the doping case involving Floyd Landis, as well as the uncertainty with regard to the renewal of the ProTour licence that expires at the end of this year."
But do you think if they had not had all the other scandals, that this one thing would have done it? No way. So therefore, you cannot blame it all on Floyd.

L

Lonnie Utah said:
But do you think if they had not had all the other scandals, that this one thing would have done it? No way. So therefore, you cannot blame it all on Floyd.

L

I wrote, in part, "But all said, he really was the straw that broke the camel's back..."

Wasn't blaming it all on Floyd, but he appears to have driven the nail into the coffin, tipped the scales, broken the camels back, etc.