Landis to skip Giro

sploush

Mar 15, 2006
I thinks it's a good move. I think Landis will be a serious contender in this year's tour.

sploush said:
I thinks it's a good move. I think Landis will be a serious contender in this year's tour.
Very smart on his part.
Good move!

I have to agree. He is already peaking, obviously. His timing could be perfect for another peak in July, but not with the demands of this year's Giro. It's just a brutal corsa, and I think we might find that it blunts, rather than sharpens the form of some of this year's Tour contenders.

Landis has had a very good start to the season and looks to be going well.
Phonak didn't a specific reason as to why he wasn't doing the Giro (at least none that I read of).

I see he's looking at doing the Tour of Catalunya : and smaller stage races instead.
Interesting move.

limerickman said:
Landis has had a very good start to the season and looks to be going well.
Phonak didn't a specific reason as to why he wasn't doing the Giro (at least none that I read of).

I see he's looking at doing the Tour of Catalunya : and smaller stage races instead.
Interesting move.
I think you are right.
Are they hiding a crash problem, he did go down twice in Crit Int.
Did they wake up and realize it was way too much racing, I mean compare with any recent success, not LA who did virtually noghting besides TdF, but other podium winners in TdF Landis would be way over extended.. I think he needs more racing and I am sure thats what his coaches saw after reviewing last years data, that he didnt burh out in the Tour but wasnt hot enough .
We'll see.

:mad: He should race the Giro and the Tour. Or the Tour and the Vuelta.

Why put all your eggs in one GT basket? He is not LA, with a team built around the 20-odd days of the Tour.

IMHO, of course. :)