MrRas

Jul 30, 2010
[lang=da]Godaften!

Jeg er meget i tvivl om, hvilket dæk jeg skal vælge af følgende:
Continental Ultra Sport Tyre | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
Maxxis Detonator Tyre | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
Michelin Orium | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
Dk Panaracer 700 x 23 Stradius Sport
Vittoria Rubino II 700x23 dæk - div farver | Dæk/slanger | Tilbehør | FixieCykler.dk

Eller noget helt andet? Dækket skal bare være blåt.

Jeg skal bruge dækket til normal bykørsel i KBH - ca. 30 km. om ugen? :) Jeg er også i tvivl om det skal være wire eller foldedæk? Jeg er helt på bar bund, og håber I kan hjælpe mig! Cyklen jeg cykler på er denne: Cykelkongen

På forhånd tak for hjælpen! :)[/lang]

If it has to be blue then your limiting your choices severely. But of the group you mentioned maybe the Maxxis tire is the best. Having never ridden on any of them I can't say a whole lot other then what I've heard others on forums such as this one have said about some of them, that the Vittoria's cut to easily; the Continental sidewalls are fragile; and the Michelin flatted to much; I haven't heard about that Panaracer model, but other models faired well. I chose the Maxxis because has the silk worm flat protection belt in it that none of the other tires even mention a flat protection belt.

As far as wire vs folding, I like folding because their easier to fix flats with, and their lighter.

I second the choice for the Maxxis Detonator. I have 1300 miles without a flat on a set of white. I also prefer folding tires for ease of road side flat repair.

You should consider two tires from Vredestein: the Fiammante Duocomp and the Volante Tricomp. The Volante Tricomp is a really nice tire. My experience with the Maxxis Detonator was less than pleasing. I thought it had poor puncture protection. Much better is the Maxxis Re-Fuse, but that only comes in black.

Thank you for the well explained answers!

I think i will take a looke at the Fiammante Duocomp tire. :)
A speciel kind of tube i should choose? :rolleyes:

And why is it mission impossible to find blue ties ind 700x25 or even better 700x28?! :(

MrRas said:
And why is it mission impossible to find blue ties ind 700x25 or even better 700x28?! :(

...because it's a crime against nature to use anything but black tires. Even black and gray tires are an abomination....well, that's what the UN and NOAA concluded in 1928.

alienator said:
Hey, Gordo: is every post going to be spam for your store?

Of course, notice that the Gatorskins are indestructible tires and the best tires in the world. My experience they've been the second worse tire in the world, just barely beating out Forte tires.