[langtitle=nl]Giant Roam XR 1[/langtitle]

Fearless

Apr 14, 2010
[lang=nl]Ik ben aan het nadenken over de aankoop van een Giant Roam XR 1.
Zijn er mensen onder jullie die ervaring hebben met deze fiets?
Of die me kunnen adviseren op basis van de specs?

Specs zijn de volgende:
Frame Giant AluxX SL aluminium, Fluid Formed
Voorvork SR Suntour NCX V2 w/lockout
Stuur Giant Connect, flat 31.8
Stuurpen Giant Connect
Zadelpen Giant Connect 30.9X375
Zadel Giant Cross Trail, D2
Pedalen VP steel cage aluminium body
Shifters Shimano Deore 27 speed
Voor derailleur Shimano Deore
Achter derailleur Shimano XT shadow
Remmen Magura HS11 Hydrolic
Remhendels Magura HS11 Hydrolic
Cassette Shimano HG50 11-34
Ketting Shimano HG73
Crankset Shimano Hollowtech II 48/36/24
Bottom Bracket Shimano Hollowtech II 48/36/24
Velgen Mavic A119
Naven Shimano Deore
Spaken Stainless steel
Banden Schwalbe Racing Ralph 700x35mm[/lang]

I like you have probaly looked all over the internet looking for a review of this bike however after finding none I decided to take a risk and buy this bike off of the internet despite not seeing it in a shop or trying it out for the first time. Before buying this bike I had a cheap basic Halfords bike that I knew nothing about so once buying this you really have to get into bikes!
However I must say after buying this Bike I do not regret whatsoever spending this amount of money. Becoming a regular rider cycling 10 miles minimum per day I thought this would be good. Coming from on old **** bike with clunky gears, heavy frame and everything else falling apart, this was a dream to ride. The Aluminium frame makes the bike so light to ride.
The whole bike is virtually all Shimano Deore with the exception of the rear Derailleur which is XT. I must say the gear shifting is so smooth and quiet it is such a pleasure to ride. The rapid fire Deore shifters make it very fast to change gear and it feels so crisp in your hands. The Shimano Deore XT Shadow Derailleur is fantastic for the smaller gears and the Deore Front Derailleur is just fine as you will not use it as much and will change relatively quickly also.
The Brakes I must say are impeccable and are Amazing at stopping the bike Much better than any conventional Calliper V Brake or Disc brake such as In the Roam XR 3 and 0. They are hydraulic also meaning that you will rarely ever have to change the brake fluid unless due to wear and loosening of parts and never have to adjust the position of the brakes unlike other options. They barely take a squeeze of them to start slowing the bike down and are completely Silent never screeching or making a loud noise even in rain.
The Swalbe Racing Ralph tires are semi slick and are very fast and give quite good grip also with a lovely sliding feel as you cycle. The suspension is also another factor to which I bought this bike, as I was looking at a road bike before, I thought that they would not cut the amount of potholes that are in the road and also a little offroading I may do (Trails and Paths) so the forks are good on the roads. A great concept is that the Front Suspension forks can 'lock out' meaning that they will become rigid and effectively like a road bike so you have the ability to go faster.
So basically the Specs of the bike are all Mid range to Top Spec Shimano of its category and I would very much recommend getting this bike, It is so Swift and Smooth to Cycle and fast. However getting any expensive high end bike means that you will also need to get appropriate maintenance equipment such as Degreaser and chain lubricant. Lastly If you buy this, make sure you buy a very good expensive lock to go with it for protection!

Hi i have been looking for this bike.Could you help me out? Nebraska, US. Thank You Petr