Lantus revisited

Guy

Guest
I am reporting the fact without opinion

I started a new bottle of Lantus. In the morning i am experiencing high blood sugars. That is where
it suddenly shoots up to over 300 and even moderate doses of Humalog does not bring it down for
several hours. The integrated amount of the "release" is closely related to my fat input. As I
opened the packager I dropped the bottle on the floor trying to get by the insert ****. I don't know
if this is a factor. Switching to new bottle.

The history s I have had to maintain a basal level or the event happen. I was a routine diabetic
until I was put on Glucop[hage. Shortly I had a series of 911 calls and elimination of glucophage
reduced in a reduced number of 911 runs, but a problem persists almost ten years later. That seems
to be about the time I developed the basal problem. This is reported in good faith. If my problem
persists I will report it. What we need is the collective facts.

Before someone says it. I can not use the other long acting insulin. They are not suitable to
maintain my basal. Hope a new bottle works, I do not need the high blood sugar or to have to go back
to a three hour schedule. I try to report the facts--good or bad. Guy

Guy wrote:

> I am reporting the fact without opinion
>
> I started a new bottle of Lantus. In the morning i am experiencing high blood sugars. That is
> where it suddenly shoots up to over 300 and even moderate doses of Humalog does not bring it down
> for several hours.

If my experience (T2 on insulin) or my wife's (T1) is any guide, I'd guess you're coming down with
something - maybe the flu? and don't know it yet.

Just a wild guess.

Jon

I find that Lantus can almost vary from bottle to bottle. When it works well it is a great insulin.
If it doesn't you need to increase your dosage.I have been told by the druggist that the
manufacturer only ships the drug in protected ways to insure that it will work poperly.

jon beermann