Laptop commuter backpack with hydration ?

Muzungo

Nov 25, 2005
I'm looking for a cycling day pack with a decent harness and belt, laptop compartment, a hydration bladder and a decent assortment of internal pockets for electronics.

Problem is that the laptop bag manufacturers wouldn't dream of including hydration bladders, and the cycling packs are not set up for electronics (no internal organizer pockets, no laptop sleeve).

I've tried the usual suspects - Vaude, Deuter, Dakine, Berghaus, North Face, Osprey - and found nothing.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

I recently bought a Camelbak Rim Runner

http://www.camelbak.com/rec/cb_prod.cfm?catid=6&product_id=393

It's big enough for my laptop and lots of other bits and pieces. Has a separate scetion with an organiser. 3L bladder. Have a look at their other day/cycling packs and you should find something suitable. It's not specifically designed for a laptop, ie. no laptop pocket, but I don't see the need for it....

Muzungo said:
I'm looking for a cycling day pack with a decent harness and belt, laptop compartment, a hydration bladder and a decent assortment of internal pockets for electronics.

Problem is that the laptop bag manufacturers wouldn't dream of including hydration bladders, and the cycling packs are not set up for electronics (no internal organizer pockets, no laptop sleeve).

I've tried the usual suspects - Vaude, Deuter, Dakine, Berghaus, North Face, Osprey - and found nothing.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

Check out Ogio - They have one called the Metro that I think is hydration ready. I have their 2150 model. It's kind of big, but for commuting it's perfect, and it's both laptop and hydration capable.