Laptop on exercise bike?

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Chalo Colina wrote:
>> Roger Zoul wrote:
>>> An exercise bike is a good way to incorporate high intensity
>>> execise since the body doesn't get beat to hell while riding.

>> Sounds like you have a problem with your bike, if you get beat up
>> while riding. Try fatter tires at lower pressure and a sprung
>> saddle.

> In my opinion, the RANS Stratus that Roger Zoul rides has a very cushy
> ride for an unsuspended bicycle. The Stratus has considerably more
> vertical frame compliance than a diamond frame upright.

I have a Specialized Sequioa Expert (my first bike), too, and I've done
several metric centuries on it this year, some with 5000 ft of climbing.
Had some nice high HRs on it, too.

Frankly, I don't get the point of the bike bashing, either. I enjoy my DF,
my 'bent (Stratus XP), and my recently obtained trike - I did a century on
it two weeks after I got it.

"Chalo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Sherman wrote:
>>
>> Chalo Colina wrote:

>> > Sounds like you have a problem with your bike, if you get beat up
>> > while riding. Try fatter tires at lower pressure and a sprung
>> > saddle.

>> In my opinion, the RANS Stratus that Roger Zoul rides has a very cushy
>> ride for an unsuspended bicycle. The Stratus has considerably more
>> vertical frame compliance than a diamond frame upright.

> Ah, I get it... he can't stand up, so he has to accept the beating.
> It makes sense.

Ah, you think standing up relieves you of a beating?

Roger Zoul wrote:

> Chalo wrote:
> >
> > Tom Sherman wrote:
> >>
> >> In my opinion, the RANS Stratus that Roger Zoul rides has a very cushy
> >> ride for an unsuspended bicycle. The Stratus has considerably more
> >> vertical frame compliance than a diamond frame upright.

> > Ah, I get it... he can't stand up, so he has to accept the beating.
> > It makes sense.

> Ah, you think standing up relieves you of a beating?

Sure, sometimes. Over potholes and train tracks and curbs,
definitely. On long stretches of washboarded gravel road, not so
much.

Chalo

> Roger Zoul wrote:
>>
>> Chalo wrote:

>> > Ah, I get it... he can't stand up, so he has to accept the beating.
>> > It makes sense.

>> Ah, you think standing up relieves you of a beating?

> Sure, sometimes. Over potholes and train tracks and curbs,
> definitely. On long stretches of washboarded gravel road, not so
> much.
>
> Chalo

Just for your info....riding the Stratus XP is like floating on a cloud. I
don't ride over potholes or curbs, even on my DF.