Laptop Pannier

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Gonzalez, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
    --
    remove remove to reply

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Gonzalez wrote:
    > Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?

    Wouldn't it be rather difficult to pedal with a pannier in your lap?

    Tony ;-)

    --
    "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

  3. Lenny Taylor

    Lenny Taylor Guest

    I think Arkel makes one that has padding to hold a laptop. "Gonzalez" <[email protected]>
    > Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
    > --
    > remove remove to reply

  4. Robert Bruce

    Robert Bruce Guest

    > Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?

    I use a normal pannier with those big air cushion bubbles that DABS (for example) use to pack out
    fragile goods. I also stick the laptop in a plastic bag in case of water ingress.

    --
    Rob

    Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may contribute and benefit.

  5. Daniel Auger

    Daniel Auger Guest

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, it was written:

    > > Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
    >
    > I use a normal pannier with those big air cushion bubbles that DABS (for example) use to pack out
    > fragile goods. I also stick the laptop in a plastic bag in case of water ingress.

    My Caradice (sp?) briefcase-type pannier is exactly the right size for my Targus "micro" laptop
    case. (The downside of this is that the laptop case isn't big enough to carry mains adapter, etc.)

    --
    Daniel Auger - [email protected] (Please remove Granta to get a valid address.)

  6. pig pog

    pig pog New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2003
    My company supply a briefcase style bag with an inner shock case (cardboard sides, latop suspended in sprung webbing made by SafePORT Protection Systems. The part number is WW80003 (sorry no other idents). I can fit the inner into a 13 litre pannier. I reckon it would stand a very good chance of survival in a crash. Made much better by packing a few clothes around it.

    hth
    james

  7. Gonzalez wrote:
    > Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?

    I use an Ortlieb office pannier. You can get a laptop padded insert (not anti-bacterial (anti-virus
    maybe)) but I just made one out of a cheap closed cell sleepmat.

    Kennedy

  8. Jinx

    Jinx Guest

    > > > Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
    >> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    > My Caradice (sp?) briefcase-type pannier is exactly the right size for my Targus "micro" laptop
    > case. (The downside of this is that the laptop case isn't big enough to carry mains adapter, etc.)
    >
    > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    I'm considering buying the Carradice Bike Bureau which would seem to be what you are looking for as
    well. http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/Rear_Panniers.html

    rgds

    Malcolm

  9. In message <[email protected]>, Gonzalez
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
    >--
    >remove remove to reply

    I've got an Altura Briefcase pannier that I bought last year and never used (changed jobs), could do
    with selling it on to a good home if you're interested.

    (Use the news0403 reply-to address to get in touch)

    --
    Steven Briggs