Laptop Pannier

Gonzalez

Guest
Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
--
remove remove to reply

Gonzalez wrote:
> Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?

Wouldn't it be rather difficult to pedal with a pannier in your lap?

Tony ;-)

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

> Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?

I use a normal pannier with those big air cushion bubbles that DABS (for example) use to pack out
fragile goods. I also stick the laptop in a plastic bag in case of water ingress.

--
Rob

Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may contribute and benefit.

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, it was written:

> > Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
>
> I use a normal pannier with those big air cushion bubbles that DABS (for example) use to pack out
> fragile goods. I also stick the laptop in a plastic bag in case of water ingress.

My Caradice (sp?) briefcase-type pannier is exactly the right size for my Targus "micro" laptop
case. (The downside of this is that the laptop case isn't big enough to carry mains adapter, etc.)

--
Daniel Auger - [email protected] (Please remove Granta to get a valid address.)

Originally posted by Gonzalez
Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
--
remove remove to reply

My company supply a briefcase style bag with an inner shock case (cardboard sides, latop suspended in sprung webbing made by SafePORT Protection Systems. The part number is WW80003 (sorry no other idents). I can fit the inner into a 13 litre pannier. I reckon it would stand a very good chance of survival in a crash. Made much better by packing a few clothes around it.

hth
james

Gonzalez wrote:
> Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?

I use an Ortlieb office pannier. You can get a laptop padded insert (not anti-bacterial (anti-virus
maybe)) but I just made one out of a cheap closed cell sleepmat.

Kennedy

> > > Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
>> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> My Caradice (sp?) briefcase-type pannier is exactly the right size for my Targus "micro" laptop
> case. (The downside of this is that the laptop case isn't big enough to carry mains adapter, etc.)
>
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm considering buying the Carradice Bike Bureau which would seem to be what you are looking for as
well. http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/Rear_Panniers.html

rgds

Malcolm

In message <[email protected]>, Gonzalez
<[email protected]> writes
>Does anyone know a manufacturer of a laptop pannier?
>--
>remove remove to reply

I've got an Altura Briefcase pannier that I bought last year and never used (changed jobs), could do
with selling it on to a good home if you're interested.

(Use the news0403 reply-to address to get in touch)

--
Steven Briggs