laptops that can survive cycling around in a backpack?

dodgyomni

Mar 6, 2010
im looking to purchase a laptop that can survive the rigors of the bumps and jolts of being biked around in my backpack while i run errands and get around in my day to day on my bike?

Most any laptop will survive the bumps that most people encounter while riding. Now if you hit curbs full on or go down alot, then all bets are off.

Buy any laptop with a good warranty and Accident Protection and you'll have no worries. Just stay away from Sony laptops because Sony electronics are unreliable.

I'd go for as small as possible. Get a pannier or bag with a special laptop pocket and you shouldn't have any problems with new laptops. I use an Acer and I've dropped it and dropped things onto it and it still works ok. So far anyway.

Hi, I don't like to bring my notebook with me, because it is too heavy, I prefer the laptop I assembled, because my assembled notebook can adjust the performance of the notebook according to my own preferences.

Sure thing! When it comes to laptops that can withstand the rough and tumble of cycling, there are a few things to consider.

First, you'll want to look for a laptop with a solid build quality. Avoid flimsy plastic and opt for something made of sturdy materials like aluminum or magnesium. A rugged exterior will help protect the internal components from getting jostled around too much.

Next, consider getting a laptop with a solid-state drive (SSD) instead of a traditional hard drive. SSDs are faster, more reliable, and less prone to damage from drops and impacts.

As for specific models, I've heard good things about the Dell XPS 13 and the MacBook Air. Both have solid build quality and are available with SSDs. Just keep in mind that neither of them is indestructible, so you'll still want to be careful with them.

And finally, a word of caution: no matter how rugged your laptop is, it's still a delicate piece of electronics. So, even if you're just running errands or commuting, it's a good idea to keep it in a padded backpack or case to protect it from bumps and jolts.

Hope that helps! Happy cycling! :)