large chainwheel

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by geepeetee, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. geepeetee

    geepeetee Guest

    Hi

    Are there any suppliers/manufacturers of large chainwheels, i have a 54
    tooth on my recumbent at the moment but could do with a 60 (or thereabouts).

    cheers

    Gary

    --
    Visit my websites at
    www.justjents.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. Simon D

    Simon D Guest

    After serious thinking geepeetee wrote :

    > Are there any suppliers/manufacturers of large chainwheels, i have a 54 tooth
    > on my recumbent at the moment but could do with a 60 (or thereabouts).

    It would be necessary to know what model of chainset you need the ring
    for in order to be able to offer precise advice. However, TA produce
    60T rings for a number of different PCDs:

    http://www.chickencycles.co.uk/products/chainrings

    --
    Simon
    www.simondaw.freeserve.co.uk

  3. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, geepeetee
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Are there any suppliers/manufacturers of large chainwheels, i have a 54
    > tooth on my recumbent at the moment but could do with a 60 (or
    > thereabouts).

    Following a recommendation on this very froup I bought such a thing from
    http://www.ligfietsshop.nl/ last year. I couldn't see on website how to
    pay for it, so I phoned up and, having explained rather sheepishly that
    I speak no Dutch, was dealt with very helpfully and politely in perfect
    English. Would they allow me to pay by credit card over the phone? No
    they wouldn't. They would just send me the gods, and I could pay by a
    cheque on a UK bank. Three days later, the goods arrived, and I duly
    sent off the cheque. /Very/ nice people to deal with.

    I can't find the chainrings on their site just now, but give them a bell.

    ;; Our modern industrial economy takes a mountain covered with trees,
    ;; lakes, running streams and transforms it into a mountain of junk,
    ;; garbage, slime pits, and debris. -- Edward Abbey

  4. mb

    mb Guest

    Simon Brooke wrote:

    > in message <[email protected]>, geepeetee
    > ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Are there any suppliers/manufacturers of large chainwheels, i have
    > > a 54 tooth on my recumbent at the moment but could do with a 60 (or
    > > thereabouts).

    > Following a recommendation on this very froup I bought such a thing
    > from http://www.ligfietsshop.nl/ last year.

    8<

    > I can't find the chainrings on their site just now, but give them a
    > bell.

    Select "webwinkel" from the list on the left, then select "K.
    Tandwielen" from the drop-down menu at the top.

    --
    Mike

  5. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    geepeetee wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Are there any suppliers/manufacturers of large chainwheels, i have a
    > 54 tooth on my recumbent at the moment but could do with a 60 (or
    > thereabouts).

    www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop have TA 57t 130 & 135mm chainrings listed on
    their website to fit standard Shimano and Campagnolo road cranks
    respectively. They may be able to order larger ones as well. Good prices
    and free post (for £10+ order).

    ~PB

  6. Buck

    Buck Guest

    You might want to consider a Schlumpf drive www.schlumpf.ch
    --

    Buck

    I would rather be out on my Catrike

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  7. In article <[email protected]>, geepeetee
    ([email protected]) wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Are there any suppliers/manufacturers of large chainwheels, i have a 54
    > tooth on my recumbent at the moment but could do with a 60 (or thereabouts).

    Recumbentparts.com list a 62, and you /can/ pay them with plastic money.

    <URL:http://www.recumbentparts.com/main.html?c=10&k=1777834397&b=
    105427195&t=5^Drivetrain^^&e=20>

    The best way to confuse a Daily Mail reader is to tell it that
    paedophiles form the staple diet of asylum seekers.