Large Marge Endomorph 3.7 Muni

andrew_carter wrote:
> *Sounds like that may be my best bet if I can track them down (the
> 'housing guides', not the zip ties :)).
>
> Andrew *

Your local bike shop can order them from QBP. Part # FS2069. The price
is dictated by the shop.

| Attachment filename: surly cable housing guide.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/299986|

SurlyDave - Surly MC
SurlyDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9294

shapr wrote:
> *Wow, if this unicycle ever hits production, I will buy one (or
> two).
> That is the perfect Arctic Municycle. *

I am taking orders for wheels now. 26" are available now with the Gazz
26x3, with the 26x3.7 Surly tire when available; 24" with appropriate
tire when the rim is available. We can do unicycles too, possibly with
a GB4 frame, or with other alternatives. Contact me using the
www.livewireunicycles.com links if you are interested!

> *60% of the rims, from the original production run, were rejected. The
> factory is having a hard time rolling that fat extrusion into a 24"
> hoop. They had to extrude more rim stock to finish the 400 piece order
> of 24" rims. That's why there has been such a delay. Late May/early
> June delivery is what were shooting for.*

It's good to be picky. Thanks for taking the time to do this right!

> *I wonder if the Endomorph will be faster than a 29er for fast XC
> racing on singletrack? The wheel diameter will be very similar. *

Good question. Not having ridden this, I would guess that it would get
quite bouncy at higher (rider-specific) cadences. I wonder if the Moab
riders have any comments on that.

--
U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Dave,

Your Endomorph muni has a brother now. I used ovalized cromoly tubing
instead of rectangular tubing.

The machined aluminum frame was cool, but I needed some more
clearance...

| Attachment filename: copy of dscf7193.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/311757|

gbarnes - www.gb4mfg.com

George C. Barnes IV
GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
http://www.gb4mfg.com/
gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174

One more:

| Attachment filename: copy of dscf7194.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/311758|

gbarnes - www.gb4mfg.com

George C. Barnes IV
GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
http://www.gb4mfg.com/
gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174

they are both very beautiful unis... i want one..

Chase

--
Unitik908 - team YAMS member

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat

gbarnes wrote:
> *One more: *

Nice frame George. By the way, how's mine coming along.:)

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

-* [ F O N T = c e n t u r y g o t h i c ] ' H e l p C u r e D i a
b e t e s b y S u p p o r t i n g M y R i d e ' ( h t t p : /
/ t i n y u r l . c o m / 6 8 m k v ) [ / F O N T ] * -

*Fund Raising Honor Roll*
Kathy Susanka

> Good question. Not having ridden this, I would guess that it would
> get quite bouncy at higher (rider-specific) cadences. I wonder if the
> Moab riders have any comments on that.

I didn't notice a problem with bounciness, but I don't think it would be
competitive with a decent 29er tire on a XC course, simply because the
fat tire hates to turn.

--
tholub - Kinetic Sculptor

gbarnes wrote:
> *Dave,
>
> Your Endomorph muni has a brother now. I used ovalized cromoly tubing
> instead of rectangular tubing.
>
> The machined aluminum frame was cool, but I needed some more
> clearance... *

Also beautiful. How much clearance have you given yourself? Have you
ridden it much yet? Do you hit your legs on the frame often? I love
the look of ovalized tubing. :)

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'my big movies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bigmovies)*

*Tom:*
I'd agree on a true XC course, though the tire does turn a lot better on
dirt. It also turns better at higher psi's (I was at 7 or 8 psi in
Moab).

*Andrew:*
About 3/8" on the sides, and 5/8" on top. Overall the frame is about
5.38" wide. I don't have a problem with knee clearance, I suspect
clipping the top corners helped.

*Lee:*
Weight? Not noticeably more than a normal 26" muni. Again, production
tires will be *lighter* than a Gazz.

My uni was built for a snow race, so splined cranks would just be extra
weight/expense. Kookas are pretty solid square-taper cranks.

--
gbarnes - www.gb4mfg.com

George C. Barnes IV
GB4 Manufacturing, L.L.C.
http://www.gb4mfg.com/
gbarnes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/174

I built my own from parts, using one of George's frames... It hasn't
arrived yet (due on Friday) and the tyre isn't for sale from Surly yet,
but as soon as both arrive it'll be sorted.

The wheelset I've made up consists of a KH/Onza Splined Hub with DDG
Driver cranks, DMR V12 pedals, a Surly Large-Marge Rim ands Its
currently running a 26x3 gazz.

I know there's another 3.7" Compatible frame in sweden, shapr is making
one.

Loose.

| Attachment filename: dsc02696 (medium).jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/332175|

Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

onebyone wrote:
> *Just digging this forum up. Is there any news on anyone producing
> these with splined cranks? *

Of course! I am doing wheelsets.

The 26" rims are available, the 24" rims and the 26" tires are not yet
available.

PM me or (better) use www.livewireunicycles.com.

--
U-Turn - Cool water for the flame

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

> Looks very nice. And an excellent photo by the way.

Thanks Klaas, I'm hoping it'll look a whole lot nicer with the frame
attached! I can't wait until friday.
> I know there's another 3.7" Compatible frame in sweden, shapr is
> making one.

Just re-read my own post, and realised this could be misinterpreted...
Shapr is making a 3.7" Muni, using one of Georges frames. He's not (as
could be assumed by the wording above) making 3.7" frames.

Sorry for any confusion.

Loose.

--

Loosemoose wrote:
> *I built my own from parts, using one of George's frames... It hasn't
> arrived yet (due on Friday) and the tyre isn't for sale from Surly
> yet, but as soon as both arrive it'll be sorted.
>
> Loose. *

I got my new frame from George last friday. I'll post some pictures when
I get some taken. The frame turned out really nice. I'm also waiting on
the Surly tire, plus, I need to get a longer crossoover hose for my
Magura brake.

cheers... Joe

--
Mojoe - Move to Iceland

http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/

My Dad used to beat me with his PC.
http://ubergeek.tv/article.php?pid=55
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Mojoe wrote:
> *I'll post some pictures when I get some taken.
> cheers... Joe *

Here's a pic with the 26x3 Gazzaloddi

| Attachment filename: 100_0532.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/332258|