Large Marge wheelbuild FYI

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by unisk8r, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. unisk8r

    unisk8r Guest

    Tags:

  2. Korv

    Korv Guest

  3. unisk8r

    unisk8r Guest

    A Joe Rowing "Blizzard" 2-tube frame. It fits this wheel, but just
    barely. I am also gonna TIG weld a double set of Magura brake bosses,
    so the frame will accept both regular width muni rims such as the
    DX-32, and the Large Marge 65mm rim. I'll post a pic of the frame after
    the welding is done.

    --
    unisk8r
    unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

  4. Dirtsurfer

    Dirtsurfer Guest

    unisk8r wrote:
    > A Joe Rowing "Blizzard" 2-tube frame. It fits this wheel, but just
    > barely. I am also gonna TIG weld a double set of Magura brake bosses,
    > so the frame will accept both regular width muni rims such as the
    > DX-32, and the Large Marge 65mm rim. I'll post a pic of the frame after
    > the welding is done.

    I dont think the double mounts will work. I welded some mounts on my
    Hunter and had to carve the backside of the brake pads. The spacing of
    the mounts are 120MM eye to eye, clearance will be an issue. Make sure
    you use a longer Magura cross tube.

    |Filename: MVC-010F.JPG |

    Dirtsurfer

    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
    Gandalf the gray
    Dirtsurfer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2352

  5. unisk8r

    unisk8r Guest

    Nice paint job Dirtsurfer!
    I plan to modify the pads a bit. Here's a pic of mine as the paint was
    drying; the outside mounts are likewise 120mm.

    |Filename: Muni.RowingMod.jpg |

    unisk8r
    unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

  6. unisk8r

    unisk8r Guest

    Here it is, ready for kickoff. Only item left is braided brake hoses.

    |Filename: Muni.Rowing.side.jpg |

    unisk8r
    unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

  7. vivalargo

    vivalargo Guest

    Scott Wallis has designed some adapters that fit onto regular sized
    brake mounts and they work great for the LM rim. You will also find
    that your calf will hit the brakes as they stick out pretty far. I had
    to put an extra piece of foam inside my shin guards, and slowly get
    used to keeping my feet a little wider on the pedals. Takes a little
    while to get the whole thing dialed in.

    JL

    --
    vivalargo