large size cycling kit

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Doobrie, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doobrie

Doobrie Guest

ok, i went out on my new bike ( raleigh pioneer 120 hybrid ) - managed a whole 15 minutes before
    i couldnt do any more, basically a couple of times round a block - im sure it'll get easier ...
    one hopes!

anyway, its the start of my diet, etc, etc ... anyone know where i can

places ive looked at go from extra small to large and very occasionally x large although what they
    call x large is really only a medium - large!

gonna be even tuffer gettin down to those sizes without bein able to get out in cold windy rainy
    days, well - without me resorting to going out with my raincoat on!

Tags:

2. >ok, i went out on my new bike ( raleigh pioneer 120 hybrid ) - managed a whole 15 minutes before
    >i couldnt do any more, basically a couple of times round a block - im sure it'll get easier ...
    >one hopes!

It will - believe me, I'm a big bird :) The first time I got back on a bike after *years* away and
    also being *huge* - I couldn't do 15 minutes without having to get off and have a breather or stop
    completely!

The sad thing is about cycling clothes, is most of them are made for stick insects ;-) and if it's
    Italian made, read Victoria Beckham being marked down as an XL (only slight exaggeration here ...)
    Look out for Lusso - their sizings are more realistic & go at least to a reasonable XXL. I always
    find it useful to go to a place where I can *attempt* to try kit on - then I can judge what size to
    buy, or not buy as the case may be, if I require to buy stuff online.

Cheers, and keep on pedalling, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
    Clean up the waste & get rid of the trapped wind to send a reply

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
    ~~~~~~~~~~

3. On Tue, 6 May 2003 14:38:57 +0100, doobrie <[email protected]> wrote:

>ok, i went out on my new bike ( raleigh pioneer 120 hybrid ) - managed a whole 15 minutes before
    >i couldnt do any more, basically a couple of times round a block - im sure it'll get easier ...
    >one hopes!
    >
    >anyway, its the start of my diet, etc, etc ... anyone know where i can

>places ive looked at go from extra small to large and very occasionally x large although what they
    >call x large is really only a medium - large!

coat which is waterproof, reflective and breathable.
    http://www.stjohnsupplies.co.uk/default.asp?c1=CL&c2=HV&pg=CLHVRC and look at the three at
    the bottom.

HTH.
    --
    DG

Bah!

4. Arthur Clune

Arthur Clune Guest

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote:
    : The sad thing is about cycling clothes, is most of them are made for stick insects ;-) and if it's
    : Italian made, read Victoria Beckham being marked down as an XL (only slight exaggeration here ...)
    : Look out for Lusso - their sizings

Try the American branks ('mericans being fat :).

Cannondale do big sizes for starters.

Arthur

--
    Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org Power is delightful. Absolute power is absolutely delightful -
    Lord Lester

5. You're not alone! I'm watching this thread to see what's recommended.

I can certainly NOT recommend Decathlon for XL clothing; they must have some very petit XL French
    people, which I found out after wasting 15 quid on a technical t-shirt.

Regards,

Pete.
    ---------------------------
    Peter Connolly Acute Computing Derby UK

"doobrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ok, i went out on my new bike ( raleigh pioneer 120 hybrid ) - managed a whole 15 minutes before
    > i couldnt do any more, basically a couple of times round a block - im sure it'll get easier ...
    > one hopes!
    >
    > anyway, its the start of my diet, etc, etc ... anyone know where i can

> places ive looked at go from extra small to large and very occasionally x large although what they
    > call x large is really only a medium - large!
    >
    > gonna be even tuffer gettin down to those sizes without bein able to get out in cold windy rainy
    > days, well - without me resorting to going out with my raincoat on!

6. Jack Elder

Jack Elder Guest

in article [email protected], doobrie at [email protected] wrote
    on 6/5/03 2:38 pm: [snip]
    >

> places ive looked at go from extra small to large and very occasionally x large although what they

Ground Effect (http://www.groundeffect.co.nz) do good quality kit in large sizes. For rainwear, I
    use their Flash Gordon jacket (http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/flash.cfm), which I can't praise highly
    enough. Put it this way: when my previous one was stolen, I ordered another one within three days.

GE are a New Zealand-based company, and we breed 'em big back home, so sizing is pretty generous.
    Sufficiently so that they have a warning when you order some items, asking you to double-check that
    you've ordered the right size. ;) Prices are pretty good. Delivery is normally very quick, and
    postage to the UK isn't that big a deal.

Cheers

jack

--
    sabre-toothed portillo http://www.tallpoppy.org

7. Rg

Rg Guest

I am pretty big and have long arms too - I found the following work fine for
    me :

1 Parrott windproof in XXL (can't remember the name, begins with X or Z I think, look at
    the web site)

2 Altura Nevis "GoreTx type" waterproof in XXL

.... all in all the Altura I would rate as the best buy, mine fits a treat - and loads of shops
    stock them so you can try it one first.

RG

"doobrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ok, i went out on my new bike ( raleigh pioneer 120 hybrid ) - managed a whole 15 minutes before
    > i couldnt do any more, basically a couple of times round a block - im sure it'll get easier ...
    > one hopes!
    >

>
    > gonna be even tuffer gettin down to those sizes without bein able to get out in cold windy rainy
    > days, well - without me resorting to going out with my raincoat on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.