large size cycling kit

Doobrie

Guest
ok, i went out on my new bike ( raleigh pioneer 120 hybrid ) - managed a whole 15 minutes before
i couldnt do any more, basically a couple of times round a block - im sure it'll get easier ...
one hopes!

anyway, its the start of my diet, etc, etc ... anyone know where i can

places ive looked at go from extra small to large and very occasionally x large although what they
call x large is really only a medium - large!

gonna be even tuffer gettin down to those sizes without bein able to get out in cold windy rainy
days, well - without me resorting to going out with my raincoat on!

>ok, i went out on my new bike ( raleigh pioneer 120 hybrid ) - managed a whole 15 minutes before
>i couldnt do any more, basically a couple of times round a block - im sure it'll get easier ...
>one hopes!

It will - believe me, I'm a big bird :) The first time I got back on a bike after *years* away and
also being *huge* - I couldn't do 15 minutes without having to get off and have a breather or stop
completely!

The sad thing is about cycling clothes, is most of them are made for stick insects ;-) and if it's
Italian made, read Victoria Beckham being marked down as an XL (only slight exaggeration here ...)
Look out for Lusso - their sizings are more realistic & go at least to a reasonable XXL. I always
find it useful to go to a place where I can *attempt* to try kit on - then I can judge what size to
buy, or not buy as the case may be, if I require to buy stuff online.

Cheers, and keep on pedalling, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

On Tue, 6 May 2003 14:38:57 +0100, doobrie <[email protected]> wrote:

>ok, i went out on my new bike ( raleigh pioneer 120 hybrid ) - managed a whole 15 minutes before
>i couldnt do any more, basically a couple of times round a block - im sure it'll get easier ...
>one hopes!
>
>anyway, its the start of my diet, etc, etc ... anyone know where i can

>places ive looked at go from extra small to large and very occasionally x large although what they
>call x large is really only a medium - large!

coat which is waterproof, reflective and breathable.
http://www.stjohnsupplies.co.uk/default.asp?c1=CL&c2=HV&pg=CLHVRC and look at the three at
the bottom.

HTH.
--
DG

Bah!

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter <[email protected]> wrote:
: The sad thing is about cycling clothes, is most of them are made for stick insects ;-) and if it's
: Italian made, read Victoria Beckham being marked down as an XL (only slight exaggeration here ...)
: Look out for Lusso - their sizings

Try the American branks ('mericans being fat :).

Cannondale do big sizes for starters.

Arthur

Lord Lester

You're not alone! I'm watching this thread to see what's recommended.

I can certainly NOT recommend Decathlon for XL clothing; they must have some very petit XL French
people, which I found out after wasting 15 quid on a technical t-shirt.

Regards,

Pete.
---------------------------
Peter Connolly Acute Computing Derby UK

"doobrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ok, i went out on my new bike ( raleigh pioneer 120 hybrid ) - managed a whole 15 minutes before
> i couldnt do any more, basically a couple of times round a block - im sure it'll get easier ...
> one hopes!
>
> anyway, its the start of my diet, etc, etc ... anyone know where i can

> places ive looked at go from extra small to large and very occasionally x large although what they
> call x large is really only a medium - large!
>
> gonna be even tuffer gettin down to those sizes without bein able to get out in cold windy rainy
> days, well - without me resorting to going out with my raincoat on!

in article [email protected], doobrie at [email protected] wrote
on 6/5/03 2:38 pm: [snip]

> anyway, its the start of my diet, etc, etc ... anyone know where i can

> places ive looked at go from extra small to large and very occasionally x large although what they
> call x large is really only a medium - large!

Ground Effect (http://www.groundeffect.co.nz) do good quality kit in large sizes. For rainwear, I
use their Flash Gordon jacket (http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/flash.cfm), which I can't praise highly
enough. Put it this way: when my previous one was stolen, I ordered another one within three days.

GE are a New Zealand-based company, and we breed 'em big back home, so sizing is pretty generous.
Sufficiently so that they have a warning when you order some items, asking you to double-check that
you've ordered the right size. ;) Prices are pretty good. Delivery is normally very quick, and
postage to the UK isn't that big a deal.

Cheers

jack

--
sabre-toothed portillo http://www.tallpoppy.org

I am pretty big and have long arms too - I found the following work fine for
me :

1 Parrott windproof in XXL (can't remember the name, begins with X or Z I think, look at
the web site)

2 Altura Nevis "GoreTx type" waterproof in XXL

.... all in all the Altura I would rate as the best buy, mine fits a treat - and loads of shops
stock them so you can try it one first.

RG