Larry! Biomechanics

> > x-no-archive:yes
> >

> Sure Daddy-o
>
> See, with your last comment, you opened yourself to the identical
comeback:
> "Either argue logically, or go out and play with the rest of the kiddies."
>
> Did you know that condescending doesn't actually make you superior, it
just
> gives you a false feeling of superiority, instant gratification style.
Wanna
> demonstrate some real superiority, buckle up and stay out of the bickering that doesn't revolve
> around you. Unless, of course, you wish to escalate
it
> by adding your own dose of juvenility.
>
> I know, I know, you thought you were so smart and proper when you wrote
that
> post, hoping to put me in a right place. It never occurred to you that you were doing the same
> thing that you were trying to reprimand me for doing.
>
> Sure, you wanna play one-up with me, just to see how obnoxious you're capable of being, I'll play,
> it's not that hard. It's your turn now.

Oh just stop the over analyzing. Nobody cares! I wasn't trying to be condescending, just tired of
your antics. You're so eaten up with what others think of you that it hasn't occurred to you that
nobody cares about you! See, you can have "the last attack."

Now, go away.

Pat in TX

x-no-archive:yes

> In our new Tiger's defense I think there's room for both good spirited debate and a bit of fun
> poking even to the point of the deflation of egos (where possible). I suppose the male ego is
> fairly fragile though we're all pretty safely hidden away in our own caves and no real damage is
> ever done. Except perhaps to the thin skinned. I'm not sure we could EVER hurt the female ego. And
> I mean that in a kind way. I've hurt one of my female swimmer's feelings on occasion, though, on
> the whole, girls are soooo tough. I love coaching women. (Whoops,I don't want to get off on a
> male:female swimmer theme, you know, "buoys" are from Uranus and "gulls" are from Neptune thing).
> Take care.
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott

Scott, "daKitty" is NOT female. Read those posts again and get the clues.

Pat in TX

"Scott Lemley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Chris.
>
> The whole "USA is wrongheaded" debate in one shot? You need to lay down and put a cool washcloth
> over your eyes. I admit I've had my fun with Larry, though I hope it's seen as poking fun at him
> in a good natured way. Where we disagree, I THINK we agree to disagree.
>
> In our new Tiger's defense I think there's room for both good spirited debate and a bit of fun
> poking even to the point of the deflation of egos (where possible). I suppose the male ego is
> fairly fragile though we're all pretty safely hidden away in our own caves and no real damage is
> ever done. Except perhaps to the thin skinned. I'm not sure we could EVER hurt the female ego. And
> I mean that in a kind way. I've hurt one of my female swimmer's feelings on occasion, though, on
> the whole, girls are soooo tough. I love coaching women. (Whoops,I don't want to get off on a
> male:female swimmer theme, you know, "buoys" are from Uranus and "gulls" are from Neptune thing).

You - funny :)) [Clarification for chris: This is not a come-on, just a friendly response.]

> Anyway, I've been contributing to rss for a number of years and I come and go. The main players
> are pretty predictible so I kinda like new voices and am willing to give anyone the time and space
> to settle in.
>
> Why I remember when Larry and I first went at it . . . whew! He was one tough customer. He called
> me to task for wanting to keep the coach-parent relationship at arms length. But that's a story
> for another time.
>
> Take care.
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott

Why, thank you :) But, don't get yourself in hot water here on my account, okay? Please?

I can deal with the boys just fine, even if they think it takes 3 or 4 or 5 of them to defend Larry.
I'm wondering if they think their pal is losing ground and needs rescuing.

"Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > x-no-archive:yes
> > >

> > Sure Daddy-o
> >
> > See, with your last comment, you opened yourself to the identical
> comeback:
> > "Either argue logically, or go out and play with the rest of the
kiddies."

> > Did you know that condescending doesn't actually make you superior, it
> just
> > gives you a false feeling of superiority, instant gratification style.
> Wanna
> > demonstrate some real superiority, buckle up and stay out of the
bickering
> > that doesn't revolve around you. Unless, of course, you wish to escalate
> it
> > by adding your own dose of juvenility.
> >
> > I know, I know, you thought you were so smart and proper when you wrote
> that
> > post, hoping to put me in a right place. It never occurred to you that
you
> > were doing the same thing that you were trying to reprimand me for
doing.

> > Sure, you wanna play one-up with me, just to see how obnoxious you're capable of being, I'll
> > play, it's not that hard. It's your turn now.
>
> Oh just stop the over analyzing. Nobody cares! I wasn't trying to be condescending, just tired of
> your antics. You're so eaten up with what others think of you that it hasn't occurred
> you that nobody cares about you! See, you can have "the last attack."
>
> Now, go away.
>
> Pat in TX

The important thing is, do you feel better now?

"Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> x-no-archive:yes
>

> > In our new Tiger's defense I think there's room for both good spirited debate and a bit of fun
> > poking even to the point of the deflation of egos (where possible). I suppose the male ego is
> > fairly fragile though we're all pretty safely hidden away in our own caves and no real damage is
> > ever done. Except perhaps to the thin skinned. I'm not sure we could EVER hurt the female ego.
> > And I mean that in a kind way. I've hurt one of my female swimmer's feelings on occasion,
> > though, on the whole, girls are soooo tough. I love coaching women. (Whoops,I don't want to get
> > off on a male:female swimmer theme, you know, "buoys" are from Uranus and "gulls" are from
> > Neptune thing). Take care.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Scott
>
> Scott, "daKitty" is NOT female. Read those posts again and get the clues.
>
> Pat in TX

did you know my head spins 360 and blows green steam too?

On 23 Aug 2003 18:39:54 GMT, [email protected] (Larry Weisenthal) wrote:

>Have you been able to try my suggested kickboard exercise and to try to learn from the kickboard
>exercise what muscles you need to train to keep the lower lumbar spine elevated and then, with
>these muscles engaged, have you then tried to see what effect tilting your head to look forward has
>on your balance and then, what effect lifting your head a little coincident with the catch and
>early pull of your breathing side hand has on your balance?

Umm, no. My board's in the trunk, but I just never bring it into the pool. But I was thinking about
this while driving back from Idlewild Park today. I had a great time on the speed slide.

My thought was: Do certain swimmers arch their backs to raise their legs, or do they simply let
their backs bend to avoid sinking the legs?

If the kick is keeping your legs high and you raise your torso, you must either bend your back or
drive your legs down despite the kick.

>Here's an excerpt of another private e-mail I got, just this morning (from a really good swimmer
>with a kick/swim ratio of less than 1.4):

With no disrespect to the anonymous emailer, wouldn't this be merely anecdotal evidence? Or is it
only anecdotal when you disagree with it?

Donal Fagan AIA Donal@DonalO'Fagan.com (Anglicise the name to reply by e-mail)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:27:38 -0700, "DaKitty" <[email protected]> wrote:

>You an Architect?

Yes.

>My mom is an architect.

Neat.

Donal Fagan AIA Donal@DonalO'Fagan.com (Anglicise the name to reply by e-mail)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:32:48 -0700, DaKitty wrote:

<snip>

> Why, thank you :) But, don't get yourself in hot water here on my account, okay? Please?
>
> I can deal with the boys just fine, even if they think it takes 3 or 4 or 5 of them to defend
> Larry. I'm wondering if they think their pal is losing ground and needs rescuing.

Bwahahahahahha! Tiger - I think you owe me a free monitor cleaning, I take coupons ;). Please assume
that I'm prob being more blunt then need be here but I'm not sure you appreciate what it takes to
get multiple people here to defend Larry. Oh I'm not talking about defending his ideas, we debate
constantly here, but to actually defend him personally & his writing style, well let's just talk of
chromaticaly aberrant satellites.

--Mike

"Mike Edey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:32:48 -0700, DaKitty wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> > Why, thank you :) But, don't get yourself in hot water here on my account, okay? Please?
> >
> > I can deal with the boys just fine, even if they think it takes 3 or 4
or 5
> > of them to defend Larry. I'm wondering if they think their pal is losing ground and needs
rescuing.

> Bwahahahahahha! Tiger - I think you owe me a free monitor cleaning, I take coupons ;).

[squirts windex Mike's way. Ooops, that was a wrong side of the glas, wasn't
it. Wait, let me wipe that off - reaches for white-out.]

> Please assume that I'm prob being more blunt then need be here but I'm not sure you appreciate
> what it takes to get multiple people here to defend Larry. Oh I'm not talking about defending his
> ideas, we debate constantly here, but to actually defend him personally & his writing style, well
let's
> just talk of chromaticaly aberrant satellites.
>
> --Mike

*giggle*