Larry Varney, Bike Friday

Gary Mc

Guest
Browsing the most recent issue of Adventure Cyclist, I stumbled on an add for Bike Friday's
recumbent. The featured rider was Larry Varney who often posts here. The only irony is that he
recently seems to be drifting from his beloved Bike Friday to trikes. But, to be fair, he has always
had a good word to say for the "SATRDAY".

Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

Gary Mc wrote:
> Browsing the most recent issue of Adventure Cyclist, I stumbled on an add for Bike Friday's
> recumbent. The featured rider was Larry Varney who often posts here. The only irony is that he
> recently seems to be drifting from his beloved Bike Friday to trikes. But, to be fair, he has
> always had a good word to say for the "SATRDAY".
>
> Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

Yep, that was me. And, as I have somewhat sheepishly admitted to others, I have sold my SatRDay.
And honestly, it was not because of any complaints I had about the bike - I put several thousand
miles on that thing, riding it on centuries, mutli-day tours, etc. It just happened that at
almost the same time that I bought my Greenspeed, someone contacted me about how I liked the SRD,
and offered me an attractive amount for it - everything has a price, you know. And besides, it's
not like I'll never be able to get another one. And I knew that I was going to be riding one bike
(or trike) more than another, and I hated to think of it gathering dust in the basement,
especially since someone else was offering a "good home" for it. And he's riding brevets on it!
--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney