Larson TT tyres

charliechops

Oct 5, 2005
G'day all,

I'm running Maxis Larson TT's (2.0) on loose dirt.The front seems to wash out a fair bit. I'm running between 32-35psi. What is a good pressure for these tyres on this type of ground??????????? Everytime I give it a little muscle my front goes...and so do I. Or maybe I need to learn to ride better.

Any suggestions for tyres on loose ground.Not much rain here in Queensland (drought for the past 5 years).

Cheers.

The pressure you've got sounds about right. You could try running the front even a little lower to increase grip but you're not going to get much more.

Crossmarks (a newer variant of the larsen) definately have more grip in the loose stuff. I was racing on the larsens for a while before I tried crossmarks, and I wouldn't go back. At the state champs in bendigo I was going into the loose dusty corners (drought here for the past 10 years ;)) with way too much speed and while the front did start to wash out a couple of times it always recovered and I didn't come off. Can't recommend them enough.

charliechops said:
G'day all,

I'm running Maxis Larson TT's (2.0) on loose dirt.The front seems to wash out a fair bit. I'm running between 32-35psi. What is a good pressure for these tyres on this type of ground??????????? Everytime I give it a little muscle my front goes...and so do I. Or maybe I need to learn to ride better.

Any suggestions for tyres on loose ground.Not much rain here in Queensland (drought for the past 5 years).

Cheers.
Hey chopps, i use larson's on my hardtail which has a tubless set up no it, and i have also expirenced washing out on the loose stuff. Mostly though it is when my tyre pressure is below 35psi. I wiegh about 86kgs and find if i run about 38-40psi that usually solves the probrem, plus they roll like a demon with the high psi. I think it's probably due to the round profile of the tyre that it actually needs high psi to perform properly in the loose conditions. The high psi, i think also prevents the tyre from squirming and gives the side knobs more bit, when corning hard.:D