LA's New bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Scic, May 6, 2003.

  1. Scic

    Scic Guest

    Tags:

  2. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    [email protected] (Scic) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Armstrong's latest with 2004 Dura Ace:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/b66v

    Interestingly shaped seat tube. It looks like a buildout rather a cutout, and doesn't appear to add
    any strength or save any weight so presumably it is meant to give an aerodynamic improvement. It
    follows the contour of the wheel but leaves a surprisingly large gap. A cynic might think it was
    primarily a marketing tool for Trek. :)

    --
    Dave...

  3. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    too pretty for Lance.....ugly if you ask me

    His 1993 world championship Eddie Merckx is hanging in Belmont Wheelworks - now _that's_ a bike he
    should be riding.

    "Scic" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Armstrong's latest with 2004 Dura Ace:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/b66v
    >
    > Sig Chicago

  4. Almost Fast

    Almost Fast Guest

  5. [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Scic) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Armstrong's latest with 2004 Dura Ace:
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/b66v
    >
    > Interestingly shaped seat tube. It looks like a buildout rather a cutout, and doesn't appear to
    > add any strength or save any weight so presumably it is meant to give an aerodynamic improvement.
    > It follows the contour of the wheel but leaves a surprisingly large gap. A cynic might think it
    > was primarily a marketing tool for Trek. :)

    Likewise, for some reason there seems to be a curious "scooped out" portion of down tube between the
    BB and the bottle cage.

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

  6. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    David E. Belcher wrote:
    > [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>[email protected] (Scic) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >>
    >>>Armstrong's latest with 2004 Dura Ace:
    >>>
    >>>http://tinyurl.com/b66v
    >>
    >>Interestingly shaped seat tube. It looks like a buildout rather a cutout, and doesn't appear to
    >>add any strength or save any weight so presumably it is meant to give an aerodynamic improvement.
    >>It follows the contour of the wheel but leaves a surprisingly large gap. A cynic might think it
    >>was primarily a marketing tool for Trek. :)
    >

    > Likewise, for some reason there seems to be a curious "scooped out" portion of down tube between
    > the BB and the bottle cage.
    >
    > David E. Belcher
    >
    > Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

    That accessory clipped to the rear wheel looks like it'll really add rolling resistance though. Or
    maybe it's some high-tech wind-tunnel tested fender.

    Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "Let me tell you what else I'm worried about. I'm
    worried about an opponent who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence. See, our
    view of the military is for the military to be properly prepared to fight and win war and therefore,
    prevent war from happening in the first place." George Bush, Nov. 6, 2000

  7. KBH wrote:
    > too pretty for Lance.....ugly if you ask me
    >
    > His 1993 world championship Eddie Merckx is hanging in Belmont Wheelworks - now _that's_ a bike he
    > should be riding.

    I should drop by there sometime - I'm a lot closer to Ace though, and JRA (used to be Travis Cycles)
    has always treated me well. Brian is a very cool guy, refused to accept a tube in return for one he
    gave me on a RAGE ride. Quick, reliable service too, and he even offered me a ride on his brand new
    RM Element Team (in the Fells no less!) if I wanted to try the bike out.

    Jon Bond

    > "Scic" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Armstrong's latest with 2004 Dura Ace:
    >>
    >>http://tinyurl.com/b66v
    >>
    >>Sig Chicago

  8. Nice! I like the "ice blue" color!

  9. [email protected] (almost=A0fast) wrote:

    "New frame, wheels, too. Still the same saddle though!"

    It almost looks like the new cut-out Brooks. Does Lance ride leather?

  10. Rob Cohen

    Rob Cohen Guest

    Scic wrote:
    > Armstrong's latest with 2004 Dura Ace:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/b66v
    >
    > Sig Chicago
    and I thought _I_ was an ugly crank. The one on his bike makes me feel better about myself......

    Rob

  11. TNEWSOME1

    TNEWSOME1 Guest

  12. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > What!!! No integrated headset?

    Not all manufacturers are keen on them - Colnago is another maker who seem to be avoiding the
    system, though they have bowed to market pressure a little and adopted threadless steerers.