Last night's dinner -- pix

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by modom, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. modom

    modom Guest

    http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg

    Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.

    The sauce on the chicken was made from pan juices, caramelized
    shallots, garlic, lemon juice, a little mustard, and a lovely
    chile/lemon confit condiment somebody gave me.
    --
    modom
     
    Tags:


  2. On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:55:27 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
    >
    >Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.


    I assume that the leftovers are on their way to my house, packed in
    dry ice and shipped overnight? Oh! They could show up at any moment!

    Piece of chicken,
    Carol
     
  3. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "modom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
    >
    > Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.
    >
    > The sauce on the chicken was made from pan juices, caramelized
    > shallots, garlic, lemon juice, a little mustard, and a lovely
    > chile/lemon confit condiment somebody gave me.
    > --
    > modom


    Looks great to me. I just had a pork chop -- I'd prefer yours. I notice you
    use avocado a lot. Is it readily available ripe to you, or do you have to
    ripen it. I always have to ripen mine, which I prefer - because one never
    knows what's inside a ripe one.

    Presentation: quite good.
    Dee Dee
     
  4. modom

    modom Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:03:51 -0500, "Dee Randall"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >"modom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
    >>
    >> Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.
    >>
    >> The sauce on the chicken was made from pan juices, caramelized
    >> shallots, garlic, lemon juice, a little mustard, and a lovely
    >> chile/lemon confit condiment somebody gave me.

    >
    >Looks great to me. I just had a pork chop -- I'd prefer yours. I notice you
    >use avocado a lot. Is it readily available ripe to you, or do you have to
    >ripen it. I always have to ripen mine, which I prefer - because one never
    >knows what's inside a ripe one.


    The avocados we get here are unpredictable usually, but lately we've
    found them in netted bags of 5 or 6 and they ripen on the counter
    nicely. It's a luxury that's allowed on the South Beach diet, and we
    often indulge. The orangish sprinkles on those avocado slices are a
    prepared Mexican brand chile and salt blend that I found in a market
    over the winter. It makes a nice addition to many fruits and
    vegetables. I think it has a little sugar in it, but what the hell.
    I don't use that much.
    --
    modom
     
  5. modom

    modom Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:00:27 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:55:27 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
    >>
    >>Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.

    >
    >I assume that the leftovers are on their way to my house, packed in
    >dry ice and shipped overnight? Oh! They could show up at any moment!
    >
    >Piece of chicken,


    Alas, D has claimed the last one for her lunch salad tomorrow.

    BTW, I didn't shoot a picture of tonight's dinner. I was too hungry
    to pause between stove and table. It was meatballs made with ground
    grass-fed beef in a sauce made from roasted tomatoes, black olives,
    olive oil, garlic, herbs de Provence, and a little demi glace. We
    also had a huge artichoke (steamed in the microwave -- 5 minutes on
    high with about 1/3 cup of water and some lemon juice and olive oil in
    the covered bowl) and some roasted brussels sprouts. I made a dipping
    sauce for the artichoke leaves from garlic, olive oil, Bufalo chipotle
    sauce and mayo.

    It would have made a really dumb picture anyhow.
    --
    modom
     
  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    modom <[email protected]> wrote:

    > http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
    >
    > Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.
    >
    > The sauce on the chicken was made from pan juices, caramelized
    > shallots, garlic, lemon juice, a little mustard, and a lovely
    > chile/lemon confit condiment somebody gave me.
    > --
    > modom


    Thats very nice looking! :-d
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack Nicholson
     
  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    modom <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:00:27 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:55:27 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >>http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
    > >>
    > >>Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.

    > >
    > >I assume that the leftovers are on their way to my house, packed in
    > >dry ice and shipped overnight? Oh! They could show up at any moment!
    > >
    > >Piece of chicken,

    >
    > Alas, D has claimed the last one for her lunch salad tomorrow.
    >
    > BTW, I didn't shoot a picture of tonight's dinner. I was too hungry
    > to pause between stove and table. It was meatballs made with ground
    > grass-fed beef in a sauce made from roasted tomatoes, black olives,
    > olive oil, garlic, herbs de Provence, and a little demi glace. We
    > also had a huge artichoke (steamed in the microwave -- 5 minutes on
    > high with about 1/3 cup of water and some lemon juice and olive oil in
    > the covered bowl) and some roasted brussels sprouts. I made a dipping
    > sauce for the artichoke leaves from garlic, olive oil, Bufalo chipotle
    > sauce and mayo.
    >
    > It would have made a really dumb picture anyhow.
    > --
    > modom


    Would have depended on how it was arranged. :)
    You ARE allowed to use multiple plates ya know!
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack Nicholson
     
  8. modom

    modom Guest

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:23:34 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:00:27 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:55:27 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >>http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
    >> >>
    >> >>Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.
    >> >
    >> >I assume that the leftovers are on their way to my house, packed in
    >> >dry ice and shipped overnight? Oh! They could show up at any moment!
    >> >
    >> >Piece of chicken,

    >>
    >> Alas, D has claimed the last one for her lunch salad tomorrow.
    >>
    >> BTW, I didn't shoot a picture of tonight's dinner. I was too hungry
    >> to pause between stove and table. It was meatballs made with ground
    >> grass-fed beef in a sauce made from roasted tomatoes, black olives,
    >> olive oil, garlic, herbs de Provence, and a little demi glace. We
    >> also had a huge artichoke (steamed in the microwave -- 5 minutes on
    >> high with about 1/3 cup of water and some lemon juice and olive oil in
    >> the covered bowl) and some roasted brussels sprouts. I made a dipping
    >> sauce for the artichoke leaves from garlic, olive oil, Bufalo chipotle
    >> sauce and mayo.
    >>
    >> It would have made a really dumb picture anyhow.

    >
    >Would have depended on how it was arranged. :)
    >You ARE allowed to use multiple plates ya know!


    Oh I did. One plate had an astonishing artichoke on it. The other
    had two kinds of quasi spherical objects on it, one kind green and the
    other kind brownish red.

    I should have shot the artichoke come to think of it.
    --
    modom
     
Loading...