Last night's dinner -- pix

modom

Guest
http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg

Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.

The sauce on the chicken was made from pan juices, caramelized
shallots, garlic, lemon juice, a little mustard, and a lovely
chile/lemon confit condiment somebody gave me.
--
modom

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:55:27 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
>
>Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.

I assume that the leftovers are on their way to my house, packed in
dry ice and shipped overnight? Oh! They could show up at any moment!

Piece of chicken,
Carol

"modom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
>
> Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.
>
> The sauce on the chicken was made from pan juices, caramelized
> shallots, garlic, lemon juice, a little mustard, and a lovely
> chile/lemon confit condiment somebody gave me.
> --
> modom

Looks great to me. I just had a pork chop -- I'd prefer yours. I notice you
use avocado a lot. Is it readily available ripe to you, or do you have to
ripen it. I always have to ripen mine, which I prefer - because one never
knows what's inside a ripe one.

Presentation: quite good.
Dee Dee

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:03:51 -0500, "Dee Randall"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"modom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
>>
>> Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.
>>
>> The sauce on the chicken was made from pan juices, caramelized
>> shallots, garlic, lemon juice, a little mustard, and a lovely
>> chile/lemon confit condiment somebody gave me.

>Looks great to me. I just had a pork chop -- I'd prefer yours. I notice you
>use avocado a lot. Is it readily available ripe to you, or do you have to
>ripen it. I always have to ripen mine, which I prefer - because one never
>knows what's inside a ripe one.

The avocados we get here are unpredictable usually, but lately we've
found them in netted bags of 5 or 6 and they ripen on the counter
nicely. It's a luxury that's allowed on the South Beach diet, and we
often indulge. The orangish sprinkles on those avocado slices are a
prepared Mexican brand chile and salt blend that I found in a market
over the winter. It makes a nice addition to many fruits and
vegetables. I think it has a little sugar in it, but what the hell.
I don't use that much.
--
modom

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:00:27 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:55:27 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
>>
>>Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.

>I assume that the leftovers are on their way to my house, packed in
>dry ice and shipped overnight? Oh! They could show up at any moment!
>
>Piece of chicken,

Alas, D has claimed the last one for her lunch salad tomorrow.

BTW, I didn't shoot a picture of tonight's dinner. I was too hungry
to pause between stove and table. It was meatballs made with ground
grass-fed beef in a sauce made from roasted tomatoes, black olives,
olive oil, garlic, herbs de Provence, and a little demi glace. We
also had a huge artichoke (steamed in the microwave -- 5 minutes on
high with about 1/3 cup of water and some lemon juice and olive oil in
the covered bowl) and some roasted brussels sprouts. I made a dipping
sauce for the artichoke leaves from garlic, olive oil, Bufalo chipotle
sauce and mayo.

It would have made a really dumb picture anyhow.
--
modom

In article <[email protected]>,
modom <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
>
> Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.
>
> The sauce on the chicken was made from pan juices, caramelized
> shallots, garlic, lemon juice, a little mustard, and a lovely
> chile/lemon confit condiment somebody gave me.
> --
> modom

Thats very nice looking! :-d
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

In article <[email protected]>,
modom <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:00:27 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:55:27 -0600, modom <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>http://i1.tinypic.com/sg0q6s.jpg
> >>
> >>Pan roasted chicken breast, slaw, broccoli and a little avocado.

> >I assume that the leftovers are on their way to my house, packed in
> >dry ice and shipped overnight? Oh! They could show up at any moment!
> >
> >Piece of chicken,

> Alas, D has claimed the last one for her lunch salad tomorrow.
>
> BTW, I didn't shoot a picture of tonight's dinner. I was too hungry
> to pause between stove and table. It was meatballs made with ground
> grass-fed beef in a sauce made from roasted tomatoes, black olives,
> olive oil, garlic, herbs de Provence, and a little demi glace. We
> also had a huge artichoke (steamed in the microwave -- 5 minutes on
> high with about 1/3 cup of water and some lemon juice and olive oil in
> the covered bowl) and some roasted brussels sprouts. I made a dipping
> sauce for the artichoke leaves from garlic, olive oil, Bufalo chipotle
> sauce and mayo.
>
> It would have made a really dumb picture anyhow.
> --
> modom

Would have depended on how it was arranged. :)
You ARE allowed to use multiple plates ya know!
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:23:34 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> modom <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:00:27 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >I assume that the leftovers are on their way to my house, packed in
>> >dry ice and shipped overnight? Oh! They could show up at any moment!
>> >
>> >Piece of chicken,

>> Alas, D has claimed the last one for her lunch salad tomorrow.
>>
>> BTW, I didn't shoot a picture of tonight's dinner. I was too hungry
>> to pause between stove and table. It was meatballs made with ground
>> grass-fed beef in a sauce made from roasted tomatoes, black olives,
>> olive oil, garlic, herbs de Provence, and a little demi glace. We
>> also had a huge artichoke (steamed in the microwave -- 5 minutes on
>> high with about 1/3 cup of water and some lemon juice and olive oil in
>> the covered bowl) and some roasted brussels sprouts. I made a dipping
>> sauce for the artichoke leaves from garlic, olive oil, Bufalo chipotle
>> sauce and mayo.
>>
>> It would have made a really dumb picture anyhow.

>Would have depended on how it was arranged. :)
>You ARE allowed to use multiple plates ya know!

Oh I did. One plate had an astonishing artichoke on it. The other
had two kinds of quasi spherical objects on it, one kind green and the
other kind brownish red.

I should have shot the artichoke come to think of it.
--
modom