Last night's extravaganza

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Cindy Fuller, Mar 29, 2004.

  1. Cindy Fuller

    Cindy Fuller Guest

    My next door neighbor had been clamoring to learn how to
    make Vietnamese food, so I held a tutorial last night for
    her and another woman. It was quite an adventure. My
    students did an excellent job rolling fresh spring rolls. We
    also made hot and sour seafood soup, chicken with caramel
    sauce, and Thai beef-mango salad. We also had pina coladas
    and Vietnamese coffee thrown in for good measure. SO was in
    charge of the steak-grilling and coffee concessions. About
    the only one who had room for ice cream when it was all over
    was the neighbors' 13-year-old, who'd just come back from 5
    hours' worth of dance rehearsal. (She didn't touch the
    spring rolls because they had--gasp!--bean sprouts in them.)

    Now that the aroma of fish sauce has cleared, it's back to
    bread-baking this week, along with getting ready for
    spring quarter.

    Cindy

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

    Tags:

  2. "Cindy Fuller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My next door neighbor had been clamoring to learn how to
    > make Vietnamese food, so I held a tutorial last night for
    > her and another woman. It was quite an adventure. My
    > students did an excellent job rolling fresh spring rolls.
    > We also made hot and sour seafood soup, chicken with
    > caramel sauce, and Thai beef-mango salad. We also had pina
    > coladas and Vietnamese coffee thrown in for good measure.
    > SO was in charge of the steak-grilling and coffee
    > concessions. About the only one who had room for ice cream
    > when it was all over was the neighbors' 13-year-old, who'd
    > just come back from 5 hours' worth of dance rehearsal.
    > (She didn't touch the spring rolls because they had--gasp!--
    > bean sprouts in them.)

    Sounds like a big success, Cindy. We had a Vietnamese/Thai
    extravaganza last year (I did all the cooking, though, it
    wasn't a tutorial) and it was lots of fun, but exhausting.
    So much chopping and prep work. Totally worthwhile, though!

    Chris