Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla), Apr 4, 2005.

  1. "The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
    Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
    should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
    princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
    our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
    the spirit of God a divide."

    Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
    2nd April 2005






















    --
    unmoved.

    This work seemed to be at its greatest height in this town in the former
    part of the spring, in March and April. At that time God's work in the
    conversion of souls was carried on amongst us in so wonderful a manner,
    that, so far as I can judge, it appears to have been at the rate at
    least of four persons in a day; or near thirty in a week, take one with
    another, for five or six weeks together. When God in so remarkable a
    manner took the work into His own hands, there was as much done in a day
    or two, as at ordinary times, with all endeavors that men can use, and
    with such a blessing as we commonly have, is done in a year.

    I am very sensible, how apt many would be, if they should see the
    account I have here given, presently to think with themselves that I am
    very fond of making a great many converts, and of magnifying the matter;
    and to think that for want of judgment, I take every religious pang, and
    enthusiastic conceit, for saving conversion. I do not much wonder if
    they should be apt to think so; and, for this reason
     
    Tags:


  2. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla) wrote:
    > "The unforgiveable sins this earth must confront and overcome are
    > Nationalism, capitalism, and hoarding. The idea of every nation
    > should be forgot, price should be struck from the commons, and
    > princes should be seen for the devils they are. The sins include
    > our church, secret societies, and other religions which make of
    > the spirit of God a divide."
    >
    > Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)
    > 2nd April 2005
    >


    COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC BUT A NEED TO KNOW THING.....
    When you use Google, things come up on the side to relate to the
    post.....How come this stuff shows up in relation to the above post.
    Anyone know? I'm really curious.
    Maggie

    Third Generation Masons and Masonic
    Jewelers - masonic rings and more!
    www.masonicluxuries.com

    FreeMason Store
    3000+ Masonic items for sale.
    Proud to serve your masonic needs.
    www.freemasonstore.com

    Masonic
    Deals on Masonic albums.
    Find posters and other items too!
    www.ebay.com
     
  3. Art Harris

    Art Harris Guest

    Maggie wrote:

    > How come this stuff shows up in relation to the above post.



    Remember when Pope John Paul I died mysteriously after 33 days in
    office? Some folks believe it was related to a scandal involving the
    Vatican Bank, the Mafia, and a secret Masonic society called P2.

    http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/io.htm

    George Harrison even had a song about it called "P2 Vatican Blues" on
    his last album.

    http://tinyurl.com/7xpql

    Art Harris
     
  4. MJR

    MJR Guest

    The potato, discovered in the 1530's by Spanish conquistador, Jiminez
    de Quesada, while exploring the Andes mountains soon became a cheap
    source of food for Europe, and thus spurred European population growth.
     
  5. kramer

    kramer Guest

    During the American Civil War, 92% of all factories were in the North.....
     
  6. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    Art Harris wrote:
    > Maggie wrote:
    >
    > > How come this stuff shows up in relation to the above post.

    >
    >
    > Remember when Pope John Paul I died mysteriously after 33 days in
    > office? Some folks believe it was related to a scandal involving the
    > Vatican Bank, the Mafia, and a secret Masonic society called P2.
    >
    > http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/io.htm
    >
    >> Art Harris


    The Vatican Bank, the Mafia and a secret Masonic society???? Now I am
    really confused. I knew those Masons were weird, but I didn't know
    they were connected guys. ;-)
    Maggie
     
  7. On 4 Apr 2005 10:11:51 -0700, "Art Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message <[email protected]>:

    >Remember when Pope John Paul I died mysteriously after 33 days in
    >office? Some folks believe it was related to a scandal involving the
    >Vatican Bank, the Mafia, and a secret Masonic society called P2.


    I think it was Colonel Mustard in the library with a lead pipe myself.

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
     
  8. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    >On 4 Apr 2005 10:11:51 -0700, "Art Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >message <[email protected]>:
    >
    >
    >
    >>Remember when Pope John Paul I died mysteriously after 33 days in
    >>office? Some folks believe it was related to a scandal involving the
    >>Vatican Bank, the Mafia, and a secret Masonic society called P2.
    >>
    >>

    >
    >I think it was Colonel Mustard in the library with a lead pipe myself.
    >
    >Guy
    >
    >

    Damm your good! I never would have even suspected Colonel Mustard!

    Paul D. Oosterhout
    from SAIC
     
  9. On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:12:33 -0400, Paul Oosterhout
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >>I think it was Colonel Mustard in the library with a lead pipe myself.

    >Damm your good! I never would have even suspected Colonel Mustard!


    Simple, Watson: when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then
    whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth :)

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    85% of helmet statistics are made up, 69% of them at CHS, Puget Sound
     
  10. In rec.bicycles.misc Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla) <[email protected]> wrote:
    <SNIP a bunch of crap>

    The pathetic thing about this ubiquitous trash post is that it will
    obscure the Pope's REAL last message, which read in part:

    ''To humanity, which sometimes seems lost and dominated by the
    power of evil, egoism and fear, the risen Lord offers as a gift his
    love that pardons, reconciles and reopens the soul to hope.''


    Bill





















    > --
    > unmoved.


    > This work seemed to be at its greatest height in this town in the former
    > part of the spring, in March and April. At that time God's work in the
    > conversion of souls was carried on amongst us in so wonderful a manner,
    > that, so far as I can judge, it appears to have been at the rate at
    > least of four persons in a day; or near thirty in a week, take one with
    > another, for five or six weeks together. When God in so remarkable a
    > manner took the work into His own hands, there was as much done in a day
    > or two, as at ordinary times, with all endeavors that men can use, and
    > with such a blessing as we commonly have, is done in a year.


    > I am very sensible, how apt many would be, if they should see the
    > account I have here given, presently to think with themselves that I am
    > very fond of making a great many converts, and of magnifying the matter;
    > and to think that for want of judgment, I take every religious pang, and
    > enthusiastic conceit, for saving conversion. I do not much wonder if
    > they should be apt to think so; and, for this reason
     
  11. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > In rec.bicycles.misc Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > <SNIP a bunch of crap>
    >
    > The pathetic thing about this ubiquitous trash post is that it

    will
    > obscure the Pope's REAL last message, which read in part:
    >
    > ''To humanity, which sometimes seems lost and dominated by the
    > power of evil, egoism and fear, the risen Lord offers as a gift

    his
    > love that pardons, reconciles and reopens the soul to hope.''
    > Bill


    To those of us who loved Pope John Paul there is nothing pathetic about
    this post. He was a truly good man, a man with a sense of humor, a kind
    and forgiving man and he will be remembered by people of all religions.


    My last memory of him is the day he was trying to send the birds out
    the window to fly and they kept coming back to him. The birds know
    more than we do.

    I am not catholic, but my respect for the man was great. He was kind.
    The Pope's REAL message was not in his last speech. It was in his
    wonderful smile, his love of people and his great concern for all
    people.

    He was loved....nothing can obscure anything about his years as Pope.
    If you think silly posting can, you have very little faith.
    Maggie.
     
  12. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

  13. Neil Brooks

    Neil Brooks Guest

  14. On 2005-04-04, MJR <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The potato, discovered in the 1530's by Spanish conquistador, Jiminez
    > de Quesada, while exploring the Andes mountains soon became a cheap
    > source of food for Europe, and thus spurred European population growth.


    Silly me. And here I thought the Incas had been eating them for centuries
    before the Spanish arrived...

    --

    John ([email protected])
     
  15. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    Zoot Katz wrote:
    > 4 Apr 2005 15:55:13 -0700,
    > <[email protected]>,
    > "Maggie" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >The birds know more than we do.

    >
    > But can they change a tire?
    > --
    > zk


    I don't know if the birds can, but I can't.
    Maggie
     
  16. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Maggie wrote:

    > I don't know if the birds can, but I can't.


    I think bike shops sometimes have classes on basic bike maintenance.
    Being able to do things for yourself is much more satisfying than
    relying on others. And you might find it both educational and
    interesting (I'm pretty sure you'd make it more interesting for the
    others attending!)

    Rich
     
  17. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > Maggie wrote:
    >
    > > I don't know if the birds can, but I can't.

    >
    > I think bike shops sometimes have classes on basic bike maintenance.
    > Being able to do things for yourself is much more satisfying than
    > relying on others. And you might find it both educational and
    > interesting (I'm pretty sure you'd make it more interesting for the
    > others attending!)
    >
    > Rich


    Call me nuts, call me crazy, but never call me boring. ;-)

    I need to ride my bike on a regular basis, then I will think about bike
    maintenance. I always had a philosophy re: physical labor.

    "Why do it yourself, when you get get someone else to do it for you."

    Terrible attitude I know, but I've always managed to get it to work for
    me. I sound shallow, self centered, and prissy I know. But that's
    because I am. ;-)
    All Good Things,
    Maggie
     
  18. Art Harris

    Art Harris Guest

    Maggie wrote:

    > I need to ride my bike on a regular basis, then I will think about

    bike maintenance.


    Well, as a minimum, you should learn how to fix a flat tire because you
    ARE going to get one sooner or later. And Murphy's Law says it will
    happen at the worst possble time. If you can do minor repairs, you'll
    feel much more confident and relaxed on your rides.

    Art Harris
     
  19. The Wogster

    The Wogster Guest

    Maggie wrote:
    > Rich wrote:
    >
    >>Maggie wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>I don't know if the birds can, but I can't.

    >>
    >>I think bike shops sometimes have classes on basic bike maintenance.
    >>Being able to do things for yourself is much more satisfying than
    >>relying on others. And you might find it both educational and
    >>interesting (I'm pretty sure you'd make it more interesting for the
    >>others attending!)
    >>
    >>Rich

    >
    >
    > Call me nuts, call me crazy, but never call me boring. ;-)
    >
    > I need to ride my bike on a regular basis, then I will think about bike
    > maintenance. I always had a philosophy re: physical labor.
    >
    > "Why do it yourself, when you get get someone else to do it for you."
    >
    > Terrible attitude I know, but I've always managed to get it to work for
    > me. I sound shallow, self centered, and prissy I know. But that's
    > because I am. ;-)


    Changing a tire, is one of those things that EVERYONE should know how to
    do, because there is a simple rule, it holds for driving a, car as well.

    Flats will always occur under 3 conditions:

    1) The weather will be as miserable as possible for the time of year,
    whether that be rain, snow, sleet or some combination of any or all of
    these conditions
    2) You will be 25km/15 miles from anywhere.
    3) You will be in a hurry to get someplace, because your already running
    late, even though your never late.....

    W
     
  20. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    Art Harris wrote:
    > Maggie wrote:
    >
    > > I need to ride my bike on a regular basis, then I will think about

    > bike maintenance.
    >
    >
    > Well, as a minimum, you should learn how to fix a flat tire because

    you
    > ARE going to get one sooner or later. And Murphy's Law says it will
    > happen at the worst possble time. If you can do minor repairs, you'll
    > feel much more confident and relaxed on your rides.
    >
    > Art Harris


    I've been driving 30 years plus.....and I have not changed a tire yet.
    What are the odds I will have to change a bike flat? I live in a
    Jersey Suburb. I'll probably continue to ride in this Jersey suburb.
    It's a sheltered little town where people know everyone's business. You
    know the the kind of town I am talking about. Something like the town
    in the TV series "Desperate Housewives"... (I can relate to that
    show)... If I get a flat around here, there is always someone standing
    around to find out if you need help. If by chance, I start riding my
    bicycle through the woods, or the inner city I'll have to change my
    thinking.

    I did ride my bike when I stayed at my brothers house in Pennsylvania,
    but he is still the protective older brother who watches over me. And I
    always ride with him when I am in that territory. He is going out to
    Nevada with me in May, so he'll be riding with me out there too.

    So I am a wuss. I can deal with that fact. I'm not gonna tell you I am
    something I am not. I am a true WUSS. Riding for fun and exercise.
    All good things,
    Maggie
     
Loading...
Loading...