Last rites declaration of Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla)

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ioannes Paulus PP. II (Karol Wojtyla), Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

    The Wogster wrote:
    > Flats will always occur under 3 conditions:
    >
    > 1) The weather will be as miserable as possible for the time of year,

    > whether that be rain, snow, sleet or some combination of any or all

    of
    > these conditions
    > 2) You will be 25km/15 miles from anywhere.
    > 3) You will be in a hurry to get someplace, because your already

    running
    > late, even though your never late.....

    Seiously, do you think "I" will be riding under any of those
    conditions? From my past posts, what are the odds I will be riding in
    miserable weather 15 miles from anywhere because I am late. What are
    the odds? Seriously now, my name is not Claire.
    All Good things,
    Maggie

  2. MJR

    MJR Guest

    Maggie wrote:

    > To those of us who loved Pope John Paul there is nothing pathetic

    about
    > this post. He was a truly good man, a man with a sense of humor, a

    kind
    > and forgiving man and he will be remembered by people of all

    religions.

    And to those of us who read, he was a man who stood against social
    justice in Central America, who turned a blind eye to child molestation
    and who sheltered those who should have been brought to justice
    (Cardinal Bernard Law) for it.

    > My last memory of him is the day he was trying to send the birds out
    > the window to fly and they kept coming back to him. The birds know
    > more than we do.

    My memories of him are a guy who had some balls when it came to staring
    down the iron curtain, and frankly, I credit him with the collapse of
    the iron curtain and the freedom of the occupied countries of eastern
    europe - no matter how badly Reagan wanted to take credit for it.

    > I am not catholic, but my respect for the man was great. He was

    kind.
    > The Pope's REAL message was not in his last speech. It was in his
    > wonderful smile, his love of people and his great concern for all
    > people.

    Except people who subscribed to liberation theology. Except for
    molested kids.

    > He was loved....nothing can obscure anything about his years as Pope.
    > If you think silly posting can, you have very little faith.
    > Maggie.

    But... bottom line, can I go post bicycle dreck in the catholic ng?

  3. Maggie

    Maggie Guest

  4. Pat

    Pat Guest

    : Seiously, do you think "I" will be riding under any of those
    : conditions? From my past posts, what are the odds I will be riding in
    : miserable weather 15 miles from anywhere because I am late. What are
    : the odds? Seriously now, my name is not Claire.
    : All Good things,
    : Maggie

    You're going on a charity ride soon, right? My last flat occurred about 300
    yards past the rest stop of a charity ride. I was too far away from the
    rest stop for anyone to see and come running to help (had I been you, that
    is). And, it was the rear tire. Apparently, some kind of staple went right
    through it.

    You had better be ready because it will happen when you least expect it.

    Pat in TX
    :

  5. MJR

    MJR Guest