Last Stage Thread

Cobblestones

Jul 2, 2007
I can't find the thread for stage 21. There's still one sprint to win. Barring Cancellara is doing a 'Vino' or what he did on the last stage of the Tour de Suisse, my pick is Freire. Is there anyone here who still cares?

Thor, Ciolek or McEwen. Freire doesn't have the horsepower for Champs Elyses. Its going to be a fast sprint. Freire needs a slow wind up because he is all about a quick jump. Not a drag race.

It's been a successful tour for Columbia and I can't complain. I admit, a 6th win today will seal it very nicely. Kirchen, Hincapie, Lovkvist, Siutsou showing there stuff in the Time Trial last night was awesome. Can't ask for anything else. I hope they have the TTT next year so we can win that stage.

Anyway as I say, I would like to win a 6th today, but I don't care if we don't. There is one person I want to win this stage. McEwen. Finally Lotto will work for him.

1. McEwen
2. Ciolek
3. Hushovd

Nah screw it. I change my mind.

Thinking about it once more and this is Zabel's swansong. Zabel is faster than McEwen. Zabel has been consistent in stages. Zabel and McEwen are hungry and this will be very interesting to watch tonight. Again, a young Ciolek could trump them all but Zabel is the man tonight. Milram's train has looked solid. The reason why I think McEwen won't win is that Lotto's train won't be organised well enough - havn't practiced and thus will be rusty for the consistent Milram, Credit Agricole and Columbia teams.

1. Zabel
2. Ciolek
3. Hushovd
4. McEwen
5. Dean

Crankyfeet said:
Evans...in a solo break by 2 mins.

LOL, this is feasible but Evans doesn't attack, although if someone stood on the finish line with 1 lap to go with their foot on his dogs head, I think 2 mins would be a conservative time gap. :D

Aren't Zabel and Freire separated by 42 points and don't you get 42 points for a stage win?

3 laps to go, no significant breakaway.

ETA: Oops, where did Voigt's saddle go?

Stegemans wins. First stage win for QS. Freire third.