latest cycllingnews.com regurgitation

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Chester Kuhn, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Chester Kuhn

    Chester Kuhn Guest

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/mar04/mar05news2

    Ullrich: "Armstrong is beatable" Jan Ullrich considers five-time Tour de France champion Lance
    Armstrong to be "beatable", and hopes to be the one to do it this July. Speaking after stage 2 of
    the Vuelta a Murcia, where he finished 31st, Ullrich said "My first ambition is to win the Tour, the
    second, the Olympic Games," adding that "I'm not thinking about the Tour yet. You must go a little
    bit at a time. I'm only thinking of tomorrow."

    Ullrich said that both he and Armstrong have "a great mutual respect" and believes that, "The Tour
    of 2004 will be harder than that of 2003. There will be more than two favourites."

    Tags:

  2. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Chester Kuhn wrote:
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/mar04/mar05news2
    >
    > Ullrich: "Armstrong is beatable" Jan Ullrich considers five-time Tour de France champion Lance
    > Armstrong to be "beatable", and hopes to be the one to do it this July. Speaking after stage 2 of
    > the Vuelta a Murcia, where he finished 31st, Ullrich said "My first ambition is to win the Tour,
    > the second, the Olympic Games," adding that "I'm not thinking about the Tour yet. You must go a
    > little bit at a time. I'm only thinking of tomorrow."
    >
    > Ullrich said that both he and Armstrong have "a great mutual respect" and believes that, "The Tour
    > of 2004 will be harder than that of 2003. There will be more than two favourites."

    With Mayo's time trialing seemingly much improved this year (very limited data, admittedly), and one
    of the two big ITT's up L'Alpe.... add his name to the mix.

    Dan

  3. Chester Kuhn

    Chester Kuhn Guest

    "Dan Connelly" <[email protected]_e_e_e._o_r_g> wrote in message
    news:3K%[email protected]...
    > Chester Kuhn wrote:
    > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/mar04/mar05news2
    > >
    > > Ullrich: "Armstrong is beatable" Jan Ullrich considers five-time Tour de France champion Lance
    > > Armstrong
    > > be "beatable", and hopes to be the one to do it this July. Speaking
    after
    > > stage 2 of the Vuelta a Murcia, where he finished 31st, Ullrich said "My first ambition is to
    > > win the Tour, the second, the Olympic Games,"
    adding
    > > that "I'm not thinking about the Tour yet. You must go a little bit at a time. I'm only thinking
    > > of tomorrow."
    > >
    > > Ullrich said that both he and Armstrong have "a great mutual respect"
    and
    > > believes that, "The Tour of 2004 will be harder than that of 2003. There will be more than two
    > > favourites."
    > >

    > With Mayo's time trialing seemingly much improved this year (very limited
    data,
    > admittedly), and one of the two big ITT's up L'Alpe.... add his name to
    the mix.

    > Dan

    This ought to be at LEAST as close a race as last year, and at least as fun to watch. I cannot wait
    for that ITT in July up Alpe D'Huez.

  4. Trg

    Trg Guest

    Chester Kuhn wrote:
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/mar04/mar05news2
    >
    > Ullrich said that both he and Armstrong have "a great mutual respect" and believes that, "The Tour
    > of 2004 will be harder than that of 2003. There will be more than two favourites."

    Um, there can only be one "favorite", defined by Websters as
    2 : a competitor judged MOST likely to win.

    But perhaps it's possible to have more than two "favourites" when it's spelled with a u?