latest cycllingnews.com regurgitation

Chester Kuhn

Guest
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/mar04/mar05news2

Ullrich: "Armstrong is beatable" Jan Ullrich considers five-time Tour de France champion Lance
Armstrong to be "beatable", and hopes to be the one to do it this July. Speaking after stage 2 of
the Vuelta a Murcia, where he finished 31st, Ullrich said "My first ambition is to win the Tour, the
second, the Olympic Games," adding that "I'm not thinking about the Tour yet. You must go a little
bit at a time. I'm only thinking of tomorrow."

Ullrich said that both he and Armstrong have "a great mutual respect" and believes that, "The Tour
of 2004 will be harder than that of 2003. There will be more than two favourites."

Chester Kuhn wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/mar04/mar05news2
>
> Ullrich: "Armstrong is beatable" Jan Ullrich considers five-time Tour de France champion Lance
> Armstrong to be "beatable", and hopes to be the one to do it this July. Speaking after stage 2 of
> the Vuelta a Murcia, where he finished 31st, Ullrich said "My first ambition is to win the Tour,
> the second, the Olympic Games," adding that "I'm not thinking about the Tour yet. You must go a
> little bit at a time. I'm only thinking of tomorrow."
>
> Ullrich said that both he and Armstrong have "a great mutual respect" and believes that, "The Tour
> of 2004 will be harder than that of 2003. There will be more than two favourites."

With Mayo's time trialing seemingly much improved this year (very limited data, admittedly), and one
of the two big ITT's up L'Alpe.... add his name to the mix.

Dan

"Dan Connelly" <djconnel@i_e_e_e._o_r_g> wrote in message
news:3K%[email protected]...
> Chester Kuhn wrote:
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/mar04/mar05news2
> >
> > Ullrich: "Armstrong is beatable" Jan Ullrich considers five-time Tour de France champion Lance
> > Armstrong
> > be "beatable", and hopes to be the one to do it this July. Speaking
after
> > stage 2 of the Vuelta a Murcia, where he finished 31st, Ullrich said "My first ambition is to
> > win the Tour, the second, the Olympic Games,"
adding
> > that "I'm not thinking about the Tour yet. You must go a little bit at a time. I'm only thinking
> > of tomorrow."
> >
> > Ullrich said that both he and Armstrong have "a great mutual respect"
and
> > believes that, "The Tour of 2004 will be harder than that of 2003. There will be more than two
> > favourites."
> >

> With Mayo's time trialing seemingly much improved this year (very limited
data,
> admittedly), and one of the two big ITT's up L'Alpe.... add his name to
the mix.

> Dan

This ought to be at LEAST as close a race as last year, and at least as fun to watch. I cannot wait
for that ITT in July up Alpe D'Huez.

Chester Kuhn wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/mar04/mar05news2
>
> Ullrich said that both he and Armstrong have "a great mutual respect" and believes that, "The Tour
> of 2004 will be harder than that of 2003. There will be more than two favourites."

Um, there can only be one "favorite", defined by Websters as
2 : a competitor judged MOST likely to win.

But perhaps it's possible to have more than two "favourites" when it's spelled with a u?