Latest Div III Pro team to be announced!!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by David Sommervil, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    "David Sommerville" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.kissenasports.com/
    >
    > http://www.kissenasports.com/kissena_pro_team.htm
    >
    > So many current Pro's are without jobs.
    >
    > So many new Pros....
    >
    > Maybe for a change there will be a challenge to get into Pro events since there may be actual
    > field limits.
    >
    > Could the US actually have start having Pro1 races?
    >
    > --
    > David Sommerville "non pro" http://davidsommerville.com [email protected]

    For once, davidsommerville.com has a point. Take CoreStates for example: With so many Div 3 teams,
    plus all the other "real" US pro teams and the euro teams*, there's no way that everyone will be
    invited. Some of these jokers are going to be left out. The question is, which teams?

    Thanks, Ronde Champ *some of you losers are probably going to use this as an opportunity to jump on
    the "Euro teams shouldn't be in CoreStates because it's the United States Professional
    Championships".

  3. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    "armstrong" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "David Sommerville" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > http://www.kissenasports.com/
    > > >
    > > > http://www.kissenasports.com/kissena_pro_team.htm
    > > >
    > > > So many current Pro's are without jobs.
    > > >
    > > > So many new Pros....
    > > >
    > > > Maybe for a change there will be a challenge to get into Pro events
    > since
    > > > there may be actual field limits.
    > > >
    > > > Could the US actually have start having Pro1 races?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > David Sommerville "non pro" http://davidsommerville.com [email protected]
    > >

    > > For once, davidsommerville.com has a point. Take CoreStates for
    example:
    > > With so many Div 3 teams, plus all the other "real" US pro teams and the euro teams*, there's no
    > > way that everyone will be invited. Some of
    these
    > > jokers are going to be left out. The question is, which teams?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Champ *some of you losers are probably going to use this as an opportunity to
    > jump
    > > on the "Euro teams shouldn't be in CoreStates because it's the United
    > States
    > > Professional Championships".
    > >
    > What the hell is CoreStates??

    Sorry. Wachovia.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

  4. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    Crystal wrote in message ...
    >Just wondering... in other National Championships, are foreigners allowed
    >race?
    >
    >Crystal

    US Cyclocrossers, Page and Gullikson (maybe others) were allowed to race the Swiss Championships
    last year. I seem to remember that the deal included them having to pull out on the last lap.

    Wade

  5. Amit

    Amit Guest

    "Crystal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just wondering... in other National Championships, are foreigners allowed to race?

    The Canadian Championships are open this year (all cats, jr. esp. elite, master). They will be in
    Hamilton two months before the Worlds.

    -Amit

  6. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: "David Sommerville"

    >Maybe for a change there will be a challenge to get into Pro events since there may be actual
    >field limits.
    >
    >Could the US actually have start having Pro1 races?
    >
    >--
    >David Sommerville "non pro"

    I hope Matt Crane is on the team. His younger brother Adam races with my son. Matt has always been
    willing to provide helpful advice and support. They are both great young riders and people.

    Bill C.

  7. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

  8. On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:06:15 -0800, Crystal wrote:

    > Just wondering... in other National Championships, are foreigners allowed to race?
    >
    > Crystal

    It probably depends on the country; in most countries there are enough professionals to make the
    race exciting without needing to invite foreigners, amateurs and other riff raff. I can't see
    foreigners riding the Dutch, Belgian, French or Italian championships....but then I'm just a poor
    black sharecropper.