Latest ERRC and the Stileto

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bentnut, Feb 19, 2003.

  1. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    The cat is out of bag so to speak. Anyone who's received their ERRC can check out the new Carbon
    Fiber Stiletto. A collaborative effort between Fast Freddy Markham and Calfee Design. Fast Freddy
    brings to the table decades of HPV racing experience, combined with Calfee's industry dominating
    manufacturing expertise. Anyone who has seen one of their bikes knows that the fit and finish is
    simply unparalleled. Did you know Calfee makes a 14 lb upright? And yes that is complete, ready to
    ride. Oh yeah, I'm not sure how accurate this is, but the Stiletto is supposed to cost somewhere
    around $3000! The prototype weighs in at 25 lbs. With a lighter seat and improved frame
    construction, weight should get down to 22-23 lbs. Special light weight versions for smaller
    people could get under 20 lbs! Calfee is a highly respected DF builder and may be just what we
    need to legitimize 'bents to the hardcore DF crowd. Show your support, throw money their way, if
    they are successful I guarantee more 'bents will be forthcoming from them! Imagine a 15 lb US
    built carbon lowracer!

    Stupid disclaimer, no I don't work for these folks, but they are my good friends. I think if they
    are successful it could really open doors for the 'bent industry at large.

    Check out:

    http://www.calfeedesign.com

    Best wishes Fred and Craig!

    Gabriel DeVault

    Tags:

  2. Jun Nogami

    Jun Nogami Guest

    Can you provide a few more details, for those of us who are not part of the ERRC? swb? lwb?
    euro seat?

  3. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    Gold-Rush'ish appearance, with remote OSS steering, higher BB and some other subtle changes. It
    currently has a koolback, but will be available with a lightweight Cobra seat. I'll see if I can
    hound Freddy into making an "official" press release.

    Also a plug for the ERRC, this was a fantastic issue, those of you who haven't yet seen this
    publication should REALLY check it out. All kinds of usefull information, great stories,
    history and more!

    Gabe