Latest ERRC and the Stileto

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bentnut

The cat is out of bag so to speak. Anyone who's received their ERRC can check out the new Carbon
Fiber Stiletto. A collaborative effort between Fast Freddy Markham and Calfee Design. Fast Freddy
brings to the table decades of HPV racing experience, combined with Calfee's industry dominating
manufacturing expertise. Anyone who has seen one of their bikes knows that the fit and finish is
simply unparalleled. Did you know Calfee makes a 14 lb upright? And yes that is complete, ready to
ride. Oh yeah, I'm not sure how accurate this is, but the Stiletto is supposed to cost somewhere
around $3000! The prototype weighs in at 25 lbs. With a lighter seat and improved frame
construction, weight should get down to 22-23 lbs. Special light weight versions for smaller
people could get under 20 lbs! Calfee is a highly respected DF builder and may be just what we
need to legitimize 'bents to the hardcore DF crowd. Show your support, throw money their way, if
they are successful I guarantee more 'bents will be forthcoming from them! Imagine a 15 lb US
built carbon lowracer!

Stupid disclaimer, no I don't work for these folks, but they are my good friends. I think if they
are successful it could really open doors for the 'bent industry at large.

Check out:

http://www.calfeedesign.com

Best wishes Fred and Craig!

Gabriel DeVault

Can you provide a few more details, for those of us who are not part of the ERRC? swb? lwb?
euro seat?

Gold-Rush'ish appearance, with remote OSS steering, higher BB and some other subtle changes. It
currently has a koolback, but will be available with a lightweight Cobra seat. I'll see if I can
hound Freddy into making an "official" press release.

Also a plug for the ERRC, this was a fantastic issue, those of you who haven't yet seen this
publication should REALLY check it out. All kinds of usefull information, great stories,
history and more!

Gabe

"Jun Nogami" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Can you provide a few more details, for those of us who are not part of
the
> ERRC? swb? lwb? euro seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.