Latest LA video

> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I assume this is the latest video on LA and his Tour
> > efforts that is
being
> > broadcast just prior to the noon bradcast of the Giro.
> > So far, they show
him
> > in the wind tunnel with all kinds of feedback for him to
> > look at as he pedals and breathes. The interesting thing
> > to me is that Lance is
talking as
> > if he has not used this kind of feedback before. That
> > leaves me
wondering
> > just how much he could see during the testing in past
> > wind tunnel
efforts.
> > Anyhow, the equipment they show him using will even
> > allow him to
optimize
> > his breathing rhythm (or at least have a better idea of
> > the actual cost
of
> > all of his position and clothing changes inclusiding his
> > breathing).
> <snip>
>
> Andybody happen to catch the name of the wind tunnel he
> uses now in
WA....?
> The "Kirsten" wind tunnel

http://www.aa.washington.edu/uwal/uwal.html

Some interesting pictures and the prices on running tests
there, if anyone is interested. It's the only wind tunnel in
the country (IIRC) that's staffed by undergraduates.

Jason

Colombian, but I don't know if "Giro almost ****".

> Skin suits may be good for someone's psychy but the
> difference in actual time is irrelevant.

Is it good for your psychy ?

Originally posted by Anonymous
"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BCC3ABA7.307C0%[email protected]...
> On 05/08/2004 07:22 PM, in article
> rJfnc.8436$z06.1539726@attbi_s01,
"Randy
> Walton" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I think his comment was that the video suggests that
> > this is the first
time.
> > Not that just cause we haven't seen it, it hasn't
> > happened.
>

> First time at University of Oregon with this group of
> researchers ... He's always done his aero testing with
> John Cobb at the University of Texas before ...

Not Oregon, Washington

And not the University of Texas, but Texas A&M University.

Andy (UT grad, 1986) Coggan

<SNIP>
> > You don't know what Armstrong's wind tunnel budget is,
> > either.
>
> I know that is is bigger than anyone else's and anyone
> that puts any
thought
> at all in to it would not dispute this.

Here's the rate sheet:

http://www.jsmcelvery.com/2004windtunnel.html

CSC spent almost 20,000 euros to do their testing:

from : http://www.csc-cycling.com/csc_news.asp?id=491

"The trip was organized with the help of Team CSC frame-
builder Cervelo, renowned for its cutting-edge time trial
bike frames. The trip cost nearly 20,000 euros after travel
costs and wind-tunnel fees were added up, but for Riis it's
money well-spent."

I don't think Lance /USPS spent a whole lot more (if
any) than CSC.

-T