Latest on Krispy Kreme

Curtis L. Russell

Guest
More bad news: defaulting on a credit line, picking up some
franchisees' debts (sounds like they failed to perform as advertised)
and they are accused of padding results by shipping excess donuts to
customers at quarter end. First Krispy Kreme, can the confectioner
sugar manufacturers be far behind?

There may have to be a shift back to Dunkin' Donuts and baked donuts
if this continues. Just don't touch the bagels at Dunkin' Donuts -
they were evidently conceived by a bagel hater. A fitting combination
with coffee made by people that don't drink coffee.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Curtis L. Russell" wrote:

> More bad news: defaulting on a credit line, picking up some
> franchisees' debts (sounds like they failed to perform as advertised)
> and they are accused of padding results by shipping excess donuts to
> customers at quarter end. First Krispy Kreme, can the confectioner
> sugar manufacturers be far behind?
>
> There may have to be a shift back to Dunkin' Donuts and baked donuts
> if this continues. Just don't touch the bagels at Dunkin' Donuts -
> they were evidently conceived by a bagel hater. A fitting combination
> with coffee made by people that don't drink coffee.

If Krispy were really professional donut makers, then donut eaters would be
paying them at least a minimum wage for their labors as pros. Losses should be
impossible. Just ask Brian Lafferty. A minimum wage should be guaranteed.
Screw the subjective value theory of the Austrians. We've got Karl Marx and
absolute value.

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> More bad news: defaulting on a credit line, picking up some
> franchisees' debts (sounds like they failed to perform as advertised)
> and they are accused of padding results by shipping excess donuts to
> customers at quarter end. First Krispy Kreme, can the confectioner
> sugar manufacturers be far behind?

Very creative use of the words "padding", "excess" and "donuts" in a
sentence other than one referring to fattie Masters.

On 4 Jan 2005 16:24:22 -0800, "cp" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dunkin Donuts coffee is THE BEST!! It Blows away that burnt flavored
>Starbucks. Cheaper, too! AND they put the cream and sugar IN the
>drink for you.

The donuts are better than Krispy Kremes, but I prefer baked anyway.
Their bagels are a crime against man/woman/the occasional dog given
leftovers. Can't discuss coffee with someone that has cream and sugar
both added.

OTOH, I agree that Starbucks is hardly the best coffee out there.
Never cared for that gunpowder taste that half of what they sell has.
And they now suffer the McDonalds syndrome - too many kids that don't
drink coffee working there. Also too much turnover, too few of the old
coffee house people types.

The real joke is on the coffee drinkers that buy Starbucks because
they think a strong tasting brew means a strong hit of caffeine.
Maxwell House regular or Folgers gives a bigger caffeine hit than
almost all 'boutique' coffees.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message > The real
joke is on the coffee drinkers that buy Starbucks because
> they think a strong tasting brew means a strong hit of caffeine.
> Maxwell House regular or Folgers gives a bigger caffeine hit than
> almost all 'boutique' coffees.

If you ever ride in New Orleans East, Folgers has a coffee roasting
operation out that way that stinks up a wide area at roasting time. Of
course, in New Orleans East while on the Almonaster Toxic Dump Loop, stink
is a relative term and Folgers roasting could be considered refreshing in
that context. Reminds me of the time a group of us almost hit a sow and her
brood of piglets crossing Almonaster.............

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:17:14 -0500, Curtis L. Russell
<[email protected]> wrote:

>More bad news: defaulting on a credit line, picking up some
>franchisees' debts (sounds like they failed to perform as advertised)
>and they are accused of padding results by shipping excess donuts to
>customers at quarter end. First Krispy Kreme, can the confectioner
>sugar manufacturers be far behind?
>
>There may have to be a shift back to Dunkin' Donuts and baked donuts
>if this continues. Just don't touch the bagels at Dunkin' Donuts -
>they were evidently conceived by a bagel hater. A fitting combination
>with coffee made by people that don't drink coffee.
>
>Curtis L. Russell
>Odenton, MD (USA)
>Just someone on two wheels...

Apparently here in canada, a lot of the krispy kreme stores are
closing. THe problem is not the donuts, it's that all they serve is
donuts and bad coffee. Also, you can buy the donuts elsewhere. The
canadian public likes to go to places like TIm Horton or DD where you
can also getsoup, bagels (even shitty ones).

cp wrote:

> Dunkin Donuts coffee is THE BEST!! It Blows away that burnt flavored
> Starbucks. Cheaper, too!

i'm a coffee addict (for instance, later in the day i'll drink decaf
rather than abstain because i like how it tastes), and i think starbucks
coffee sucks. drinking it is worse than abstaining :( i love dark
roasts, but starbucks always has a "twangy" feel to it that is
anti-coffee to me.

heather

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:17:14 -0500, Curtis L. Russell
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>More bad news: defaulting on a credit line, picking up some
>>franchisees' debts (sounds like they failed to perform as advertised)
>>and they are accused of padding results by shipping excess donuts to
>>customers at quarter end. First Krispy Kreme, can the confectioner
>>sugar manufacturers be far behind?
>>
>>There may have to be a shift back to Dunkin' Donuts and baked donuts
>>if this continues. Just don't touch the bagels at Dunkin' Donuts -
>>they were evidently conceived by a bagel hater. A fitting combination
>>with coffee made by people that don't drink coffee.
>>
>>Curtis L. Russell
>>Odenton, MD (USA)
>>Just someone on two wheels...

> Apparently here in canada, a lot of the krispy kreme stores are
> closing. THe problem is not the donuts, it's that all they serve is
> donuts and bad coffee. Also, you can buy the donuts elsewhere. The
> canadian public likes to go to places like TIm Horton or DD where you
> can also getsoup, bagels (even shitty ones).

You are crazy. The KK in Mississauga usually has a line of 20-30 people. I
took some home before the local KK opened here in Calgary and people at
Pearson were trying to buy them off of me.

KK donuts are disgusting once you have tried them a few times, but not as
bad as the stale donuts Timmy's pass as bagels, or the acidic coffee they
sell. Yuck.

I have never seen a DD in Canada.