Latest research: Atkins diet may be dangerous longterm

HellonWheels said:
ERAE works for me! :D
the atkins diet is a typical ketogenic diet, this diet causes an increase in ketone byproducts for several weeks or months resulting in changes leading to an increased capacity to utilize energy from fats and ketones,it originated in the early 80's although back in 1994 it was stated that this kind of diet was not a safe way to loose weight, but i guess mr atkins thought otherwise. urine should be checked weekly for blood, which could be an early sign of kidney stones, a possible side effect of the diet.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/ketodiet/ketoprotoc.txt

closesupport said:
the atkins diet is a typical ketogenic diet, this diet causes an increase in ketone byproducts for several weeks or months resulting in changes leading to an increased capacity to utilize energy from fats and ketones,it originated in the early 80's although back in 1994 it was stated that this kind of diet was not a safe way to loose weight, but i guess mr atkins thought otherwise. urine should be checked weekly for blood, which could be an early sign of kidney stones, a possible side effect of the diet.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/ketodiet/ketoprotoc.txt

I have no need for Atkins or any diet of that sort, but what you said (it can cause kidneystones) FOREVER turned me off to it as of NOW! I had a kidney stone once when I was pregnant in 1998 and I swear I have never had such incredibly awful pain before!

HellonWheels said:
I have no need for Atkins or any diet of that sort, but what you said (it can cause kidneystones) FOREVER turned me off to it as of NOW! I had a kidney stone once when I was pregnant in 1998 and I swear I have never had such incredibly awful pain before!
ouch! i agree very painful, especially for us men. it was claimed that it was the nearest a man would ever get to experiencing childbirth.

i see all you women rushing out now putting your fellas on the atkins diet, and if the effects occur, i can picture and hear it now >>holding partners hand " its okey love, it aint that bad, you'll be okey, it'll be out soon....."<<