Latest words from Floyd

tcklyde said:
Too bad he had to become a liar and a cheat.
i dont know about you guys.....but after bonking during a stage in the TDF the last thing I would be doing is consuming alcohol. Especially if I planned on attacking like he did the next day......sounds almost to stupid to be true

tcklyde said:
Wow...I don't believe all of the people who immediately start to trash people, let's let this play out.

Something is obviously screwy here (testosterone not detected in any other tests, and the ratio is way out of whack...sounds like the denominator is much smaller, not the numerator much bigger in this case).

I hope these types of posters are proven wrong and look foolish...for the sake of the sport, of course.

tcklyde said:
FRENCH JUST CAN'T STAND AN AMERICAN WINNING AGAIN. DON'T THINK PEIRIERA BELEIVES FLOYD DID IT SAID IF HE IS GIVEN THE VICTORY IT'S JUST A BUREAUCRATIC THING. VIVE LE FRANCE

KeSs said:
i dont know about you guys.....but after bonking during a stage in the TDF the last thing I would be doing is consuming alcohol. Especially if I planned on attacking like he did the next day......sounds almost to stupid to be true
Especially concerning dehydration. But if anyone needed a shot of whiskey that night, it was them. I know I did ;) .

KeSs said:

You've obviously never had a bad day before. ;)

SOmetimes, for mental purposes, just gotta do it.

I believe him also. I may be proven to be wrong, but i choose to believe him.

When a Doctor from WADA cant figure it out, I have serious reservations about condeming this man.

FlashMe said:
I believe him also. I may be proven to be wrong, but i choose to believe him.

When a Doctor from WADA cant figure it out, I have serious reservations about condeming this man.
Right - if it's truly a case of the denominator being way smaller than normal, I'm on floyd's side.
If it's the numerator that's too big, he's a velly-velly-bad-man

Jonathan Vaughters, ex-pro, CEO of Slipsteam Sports and manager of the TIAA-CREF, to VeloNews
I believe Floyd is innocent. The majority of T/E tests are over-turned at the CAS level. The guy will probably be proven innocent in eight months time, but in the short-term, the media is killing him. Floyd is basically paying for the sins of all the morons who came before him, who have denied, denied, denied. He's going to take the fall for everyone who has cried wolf before him. He's going to be the guy who gets his head cut off and that's a real tragedy.

nns1400 said:
You can read more comments from Floyd at:

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-landis-doping&prov=ap&type=lgns

Now he says they were also drinking whiskey :eek: the night before, as opposed to one beer. Enough to skew test results? Want to believe, but.....it's better than the chimera defense!
Facts-1
UCI spokesman Enrico Carpani said Landis requested the "B" sample, which is not required by cycling's governing body.

"We are confident in the first (test)," Carpani said. "For us, the first one is already good."

--Result of test(A) alone is solid as an evidence without test(B) assuming it was done properly.--

Facts-2
Testosterone can build muscle and improve recovery time when used over a period of several weeks, said Dr. Gary Wadler, a member of the World Anti-Doping Agency and a spokesman for the American College of Sports Medicine. But if Landis had been a user, his earlier urine tests during the tour would have been affected, he said.

"So something's missing here," Wadler said. "It just doesn't add up."

--This makes a good sense.--

Landis's part:
He didn't respond quick enough, keeping silence for too long, made many people think "Aha, He did it!" It gave an impression that he was thinking, "Ok, I got caught. Now, what I'm going to do?" He should be angry and speaking out immediately like hell at the announcement of test result, like Lance has been doing. Why he didn't come out soon and defend himself? Isn't it the way normally people react when he or she was accused of being a cheater?

Landis's part:
He didn't respond quick enough, keeping silence for too long, made many people think "Aha, He did it!" It gave an impression that he was thinking, "Ok, I got caught. Now, what I'm going to do?" He should be angry and speaking out immediately like hell at the announcement of test result, like Lance has been doing. Why he didn't come out soon and defend himself? Isn't it the way normally people react when he or she was accused of being a cheater?
Did Lance ever fail a test related to a tour? I don't think so. Totally different situations then and not a fair comparison.

jmmj said:
Did Lance ever fail a test related to a tour? I don't think so. Totally different situations then and not a fair comparison.
Actually, Lance did fail a T/E related to tour in the mid 90's if memory serves me correctly. Oh and it was sample A in that accusation too.

allgoo19 said:
Facts-1
UCI spokesman Enrico Carpani said Landis requested the "B" sample, which is not required by cycling's governing body.

"We are confident in the first (test)," Carpani said. "For us, the first one is already good."

--Result of test(A) alone is solid as an evidence without test(B) assuming it was done properly.--

Facts-2
Testosterone can build muscle and improve recovery time when used over a period of several weeks, said Dr. Gary Wadler, a member of the World Anti-Doping Agency and a spokesman for the American College of Sports Medicine. But if Landis had been a user, his earlier urine tests during the tour would have been affected, he said.

"So something's missing here," Wadler said. "It just doesn't add up."

--This makes a good sense.--

Landis's part:
At least he is speaking for himself and talking candidly to reporters and answering some questions, instead of reading prepared statements from his lawyer, like Ullrich. So far, at least.

Minnaert said:
Actually, Lance did fail a T/E related to tour in the mid 90's if memory serves me correctly. Oh and it was sample A in that accusation too.
Pre-dominant Lance? I couldn't remember if he did or not. What was his response then and how did everything go down?

Regardless, I don't think anyone's faced this situation- win the tour- fail a test- at the top and then all this blows up- not exactly like there's a protocol for dealing with this.

jmmj said:
Pre-dominant Lance? I couldn't remember if he did or not. What was his response then and how did everything go down?

Regardless, I don't think anyone's faced this situation- win the tour- fail a test- at the top and then all this blows up- not exactly like there's a protocol for dealing with this.
Ended up being cortisone I believe.

azdroptop said:
Ended up being cortisone I believe.
Oh, but he accidentally used cortisone in a skin cream, and of course, no one from the team, like the doctors, realized it, and they got a back-dated prescription to prove it. So that doesn't count ;) .

I remember watching the end of stage 17 and Flandis was ridiculously angry as he got off his bike, almost like roid rage. Now it makes sense.