Latest words from Floyd

wilmar13 said:
I remember watching the end of stage 17 and Flandis was ridiculously angry as he got off his bike, almost like roid rage. Now it makes sense.
I am really of no opinion either way right now. Other than if he did cheat, I will be disappointed. But I will see how it plays out and come up with my own informed opinion based on all the facts.

One cannot suffer from roid rage from single use (which this appears to be the claim). In fact to gain any benefits from steroids/andro/test it has to be cycled into the system over a moderate dosing schedule. Thus should have shown up in his labs long before stage 17.

GuyNoir said:
One cannot suffer from roid rage from single use (which this appears to be the claim). In fact to gain any benefits from steroids/andro/test it has to be cycled into the system over a moderate dosing schedule. Thus should have shown up in his labs long before stage 17.
Or the masking agent that worked in the previous tests, failed to do so in this one.

wilmar13 said:
Or the masking agent that worked in the previous tests, failed to do so in this one.

what are the facts about this? Isn't it true that his epitestosterone level was high and not his testeosterone level? I can't stand this ****, I want rid of the cheats but also the doubt. I have recently begun to stop cheering for any rider I doubt in any way, and that's left me with Bradley Wiggins to cheer for. :(

Certainly hope the B test is negative or that Landis can show that it might have been due to some combination of corticosteroids (for hip), thyroid drug, alcohol, fatigue etc.

One thing bothers me, though, that I haven't seen mentioned on these threads yet. Landis drank more water during the Morzine stage than anyone you have ever seen, (even if he did tip most of it down his back). Why did he do that?? Worried about the urine test after the stage is one explanation.

Very high water consumption might also explain why it is (reportedly) his epitestosterone level that was very low, not his testerone level that was high.

obxbes said:
FRENCH JUST CAN'T STAND AN AMERICAN WINNING AGAIN. DON'T THINK PEIRIERA BELEIVES FLOYD DID IT SAID IF HE IS GIVEN THE VICTORY IT'S JUST A BUREAUCRATIC THING. VIVE LE FRANCE

That should be 'Vive La France'. Good man. ;)

Today who can say who is and who isn't cheating. But, please don't begin with saying that the French don't like an American to win. If lately the world has seen some cheating it came directly from the US. Or don't you remember how Powell foolt the UN. The US can't admit they were wrong about Iraq (of coarse everything to do with economics) even that other American who won the Tour several times can't admit he wasn't clean. Thus, I don't expect that Landis will do the same. He was unfortunate that he took a dosis that could be traced. He took a risk and likely he will hang. Please don't take the US today for moral standards. Thus, Floyd don't say :"I would like to be presumed innocent until proven guilty -- since that's the way we do things in America."

what about the guys in Guantanamo (Cuba) and the treatement in Abu in Iraq. Nice way the way the Americans do things in the world. Please don't lecture the world on moral standards. Keep it to sports!

Br,
Fvri

fvri said:
Today who can say who is and who isn't cheating. But, please don't begin with saying that the French don't like an American to win. If lately the world has seen some cheating it came directly from the US. Or don't you remember how Powell foolt the UN. The US can't admit they were wrong about Iraq (of coarse everything to do with economics) even that other American who won the Tour several times can't admit he wasn't clean. Thus, I don't expect that Landis will do the same. He was unfortunate that he took a dosis that could be traced. He took a risk and likely he will hang. Please don't take the US today for moral standards. Thus, Floyd don't say :"I would like to be presumed innocent until proven guilty -- since that's the way we do things in America."

what about the guys in Guantanamo (Cuba) and the treatement in Abu in Iraq. Nice way the way the Americans do things in the world. Please don't lecture the world on moral standards. Keep it to sports!

Br,
Fvri
Please don't lecture. As if the French can take some moral high ground. I agree that the debate should be kept to sports. You said that right after you berated the US for a decent sized paragraph. While I agree with your assertation that the Iraq situation is a complete screw up, that doesn't give you the right to talk about things the way you do. America is vastly ooposed to the war. From the beginning a very large amount of the country was opposed to the war and the ones who weren't were gullable.

Spare me the commentary and take your own advice. Lets keep this to sports.

I can't believe my first post is to defend America agianst French critics. Ohh wait!

Ohh and yeah i hope Landis is innocent. If he isn't I am going to be very concerned over the influence that foreign atheletes have had on our riders. Considering the number of European riders that cheat, you can chalk it up to peer pressure. America didn't invent cheating. The world showed us how to do it.

Skewter said:
Ohh and yeah i hope Landis is innocent. If he isn't I am going to be very concerned over the influence that foreign atheletes have had on our riders. Considering the number of European riders that cheat, you can chalk it up to peer pressure. America didn't invent cheating. The world showed us how to do it.
sure :rolleyes:

fvri said:

Br,
Fvri
Yes, let's! What Guantanamo has to do with this is....nothing. Obviously riders from nearly every country are involved in doping scandals. Lately the world has seen some cheating directly from everywhere! And BTW, Landis rides (rode) for a Swiss team. And Jan Ullrich has already been quoted as saying the same thing about being innocent until proven guilty (a little human rights innovation originating directly from, let's see, the U.S).

Ok, there we go again the US versus Europe. "Defending America against the French"...:D

Sorry to have offened you Skewter.;)

nns1400 said:
Yes, let's! What Guantanamo has to do with this is....nothing. .
Of coarse you are right "again". Especially if Floyd says : "the way things we do in the US...."

Sorry to you to;)

Skewter said:

Sarcasm? I hope so...

fvri said:
Ok, there we go again the US versus Europe. "Defending America against the French"...:D

Sorry to have offened you Skewter.;)
Wow. The pure ignorance and flat out disrespect for logic possesed by that statement is enough to make me laugh, cry, and vomit all at once.

What are we supposed to do when we are attacked with a cheap shot by a person who has short term memory when history is concerned. The French have never made any mistakes in foreign affairs?

FVRI coupe de fromage, dans l'eglise? I figured I would add some bad french to the argument so that you have somthing to rightfully critique me on.

Ferme la bouche!

weremichael said:
Sarcasm? I hope so...
More of a candid remark designed to make a certain group of people consider that there is no answer to teh chicken before the egg question. I was hoping that this group of people would also recognize that there are skeletons in everyones closet. I guess it's just easier to spout ignorance.

P.S. I really wish their was a button to press to inform the readers of ones sarcasm. It would cut down on alot of wasted keystrokes.

Skewter said:
What are we supposed to do when we are attacked with a cheap shot by a person who has short term memory when history is concerned. The French have never made any mistakes in foreign affairs? ....

Ferme la bouche![/QUOTE

A nice boy you are :D

fvri said:
Skewter said:
What are we supposed to do when we are attacked with a cheap shot by a person who has short term memory when history is concerned. The French have never made any mistakes in foreign affairs? ....

Ferme la bouche![/QUOTE

A nice boy you are :D
I try!

obxbes said:
FRENCH JUST CAN'T STAND AN AMERICAN WINNING AGAIN. DON'T THINK PEIRIERA BELEIVES FLOYD DID IT SAID IF HE IS GIVEN THE VICTORY IT'S JUST A BUREAUCRATIC THING. VIVE LE FRANCE
nonsense!

I don't see it as a nationalistic thing. They just chucked out the most prominent German, Italian, and Spanish riders in the world, on even less evidence. Puerto, at this point, is just an investigation. It hasn't even proceeded to an indictment yet. Remember the Armstrong/LNDD/L'Equipe mess, shocking at first, until close examination revealed just how sloppy the work was, and how unethically the principals have behaved.

Yes, there is a doping problem. However, we must also face the fact that pro cycling can be killed by a witch hunt as quickly as it can be killed by doping. Basso may well have been a victim of hysteria, and a press anixous to raise ratings at all costs.

What happens with the Ullrich, Basso, and Landis cases will not only determine the future of doping controls, it will also determine the entry of future promising cyclists into the sport. The accusers should be held to the same exacting standards as the accused - letting LNDD continue to function in a high trust position after their questionable behavior last year doesn't really meet the high ethical standards expected of cyclists. This leaves questions, and unlike cyclists, questionable behavior doesn't seem to be working against the powers that be.

JohnO said:
The accusers should be held to the same exacting standards as the accused - letting LNDD continue to function in a high trust position after their questionable behavior last year doesn't really meet the high ethical standards expected of cyclists.
Who else are we going to trust? The UCI which tried to whitewash Armstrong's EPO positives by making bogus accusations against the lab? I trust the LNDD a hundred times more than the UCI.