Latex tubes ... how to fix ??

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tony, May 11, 2006.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Hi

    Anyone know how to repair Latex tubes.

    --
    // Tony
    // th(at)myob.se

    Tags:

  2. Lou Holtman

    Lou Holtman Guest

    "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:th-110506135410000[email protected]

    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know how to repair Latex tubes.

    I repair them the same way as butyl tubes.

    Lou

  3. Tony wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know how to repair Latex tubes.
    >
    > --
    > // Tony
    > // th(at)myob.se

    With a patch kit, same as butyl...

  4. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

  5. Skippy

    Skippy Guest

    "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Hi
    >
    > Anyone know how to repair Latex tubes.
    >
    > --
    > // Tony
    > // th(at)myob.se

    Remove latex tube from wheel
    put in bin
    check tyre casing for sharp things
    install butyl tube
    inflate
    watch in awe as it stays inflated!

    Skippy
    Sorry, I couldn't resist
    E&OE

  6. john

    john Guest

    >Remove latex tube from wheel
    >put in bin
    >check tyre casing for sharp things
    >install butyl tube
    >inflate
    >watch in awe as it stays inflated!

    >Skippy
    >Sorry, I couldn't resist

    Very funny (seriously)

    What were really different were the urethane tubes that made a brief
    appearance in the '80s. IIRC, one had to cut up another tube for the
    patch & use shoe 'Goo' or some such exoteric stuff.

    John