Laughed a bit, seniors kick but on bikes

"Ken Marcet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> and one rides an easyracer!
> http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/livingtoday/050225/bike.shtml
> found this through google news.
>
> Ken

Good story. I like the name of the club. I wonder if they got that from "Oh
Brother. Where Art Thou"?

Once upon a time I was on a cross state ride and was separated from the
other riders. Why I was riding alone I don't remember. Either everybody
had passed me or I had gotten off to a real early start or an awfully late
one. But anyway, I topped a hill and saw a rider off in the far far
distance. So of course I had to catch him. I gave my tricked out midnight
purple VRex everything I had and after a while I finally caught up with him.
Turns out he was the oldest rider on the tour at 91. He was on a Mt. Bike
keeping a slow but steady pace. He had done this 450 mile tour for the past
several years and had no problem with it.

The chase left me exhusted and I had to stop and rest. He kept on going.
I'll probably end up in the Recumbent Hall of Shame for my effort.

skip - smoked by a 91 year old on a mountain bike.