Launchers for Android?

mayasupernova

Nov 17, 2015
Serbia
Hey cyclists,
Are you fans of android phones and are you like me totally addicted to downloading different launchers for your phone? And if you do, which is your favourite?
I love Buzz Launcher, and I enjoy it so much because it is very easy to customize, change icons, and other things.

Don't know about launchers but I have rooted my Android phone to make better use of it. I am able to disable system applications which I don't need and therefore save battery and memory for other applications.

Don't know about launchers but I have rooted my Android phone to make better use of it. I am able to disable system applications which I don't need and therefore save battery and memory for other applications.

I need to learn how and where to disable system applications. Still learning this thing.

Reactions: mayasupernova
I use Nova Launcher and love it. Coupled with Zooper I can make custom "apps" and further customise my phone, or rice it, whichever take you prefer.

I want to root my phone to get rid of most of the crapware that comes pre-installed but the process seems very complicated and I am terrified of bricking my phone. With my model I've also learnt that rooting it could disable some of the key camera functions so that as well is putting me off of it a little.

I use Nova Launcher and love it. Coupled with Zooper I can make custom "apps" and further customise my phone, or rice it, whichever take you prefer.

I want to root my phone to get rid of most of the crapware that comes pre-installed but the process seems very complicated and I am terrified of bricking my phone. With my model I've also learnt that rooting it could disable some of the key camera functions so that as well is putting me off of it a little.

Its really hard to brick your phone. Actually you can just Format it again if it switches of during mounting a new ROM.

But the Warranty is gonna be Voided.

The newer phones are Ok-ish so I dont really think its necessary to root them, but it would probably make a huge difference with the current hardware abilities of phones.

Unfortunately, Android all though Linux at its base, went very Microsoft-y with its Software, requiring more and more Faster-Bigger Phones instead of refining the Software to take maximum advantage of the hardware.

Im not saying that you could run GTA5 on a tablet with a custom ROM, But the battery life usually doubles, even with a Google - containing ROM.

The Camera and Radio problem is usually for some very-bare and usually still Beta-Stage ROMs.

Its really hard to brick your phone. Actually you can just Format it again if it switches of during mounting a new ROM.

But the Warranty is gonna be Voided.

The newer phones are Ok-ish so I dont really think its necessary to root them, but it would probably make a huge difference with the current hardware abilities of phones.

Unfortunately, Android all though Linux at its base, went very Microsoft-y with its Software, requiring more and more Faster-Bigger Phones instead of refining the Software to take maximum advantage of the hardware.

Im not saying that you could run GTA5 on a tablet with a custom ROM, But the battery life usually doubles, even with a Google - containing ROM.

The Camera and Radio problem is usually for some very-bare and usually still Beta-Stage ROMs.

I've got the Z3 Compact and from what I were reading Sony locked something within it so if you try to root it you also lose certain camera functions and stuff, which is weird because with previous phones Sony were usually pretty open and easy about rooting.

Main reason I'd like to root it anyway is to get rid of all the google crapware that came pre-installed on the device. I never use it, it eats juice and is pretty annoying sometimes. I've heard it's difficult to brick them when rooting but knowing me that would happen anyway :D

I would be more worried of "Bricka-Bricka" your phone. :p

If you get rid of google its gonna be a little harder installing apps maybe. . . CIA wont like it much either. :p Just check for a ROM with camera function. ;)

You probably need to enter the IMEI of the phone in Sony's website so they will give you a code for unlocking the Bootloader (what voids the warranty as it says "unlocked" after, and in my case with little Androids dancing on Skateboards next to it, kinda hard to miss :p ).

3.5mm sound jacks do break easy. ;) Maybe you wants the warranty. ;)

So . . . You ride on a Boris Bike? :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: mayasupernova
I would be more worried of "Bricka-Bricka" your phone. :p

If you get rid of google its gonna be a little harder installing apps maybe. . . CIA wont like it much either. :p Just check for a ROM with camera function. ;)

You probably need to enter the IMEI of the phone in Sony's website so they will give you a code for unlocking the Bootloader (what voids the warranty as it says "unlocked" after, and in my case with little Androids dancing on Skateboards next to it, kinda hard to miss :p ).

3.5mm sound jacks do break easy. ;) Maybe you wants the warranty. ;)

So . . . You ride on a Boris Bike? :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That vid reminded me of the Kersal Massive :D

I cannot lose that 3.5 mm jack! The phone is my music player when I'm out. I almost always use the damn thing haha.

I need to learn how and where to disable system applications. Still learning this thing.

Check out kingoroot named application, use google to find it. It is easy to install via usb connection and should work in almost any Android phone. Remember that if you have still guarantee left in your phone doing a rooting process will void it.

Wow real people who know android?
Props people!
I have yet to meet someone in real life who also runs a rooted driod.
Right now I am using Nova Launcher and I really love it.
Too bad I have this obscure Korean version of the S3, which has zero roms out there. But I rooted it and got rid of a tonne of garbage.
Some forums say I can just use an S3 rom with a bit of tinkering.

I also have an old Samsung rooted with cyanogen (freaking love it) but I just use it to run swag and perk.

Wow real people who know android?
Props people!
I have yet to meet someone in real life who also runs a rooted driod.
Right now I am using Nova Launcher and I really love it.
Too bad I have this obscure Korean version of the S3, which has zero roms out there. But I rooted it and got rid of a tonne of garbage.
Some forums say I can just use an S3 rom with a bit of tinkering.

I also have an old Samsung rooted with cyanogen (freaking love it) but I just use it to run swag and perk.

I've seen pictures of the cyanogen mod and quite like the look of it. I like how it makes the home screen look clean but whilst having all the relevant info you need. I like it.

I've been trying to create the same sort of thing with Zooper but the perfectionist in me is never happy with what I create!

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
I've seen pictures of the cyanogen mod and quite like the look of it. I like how it makes the home screen look clean but whilst having all the relevant info you need. I like it.

I've been trying to create the same sort of thing with Zooper but the perfectionist in me is never happy with what I create!

I have heard of Zooper, but I don't really get it.
What exactly does it do?

I have heard of Zooper, but I don't really get it.
What exactly does it do?

You can use it to create you're own widgets. For instance clocks, date, time, weather and you can even create stuff to link you to folders of apps that you've created.

To sum it up, it's a very powerful tool and the only real limit to it is your own creativity.

Look in to it :)

Yeah no. It seems like a frivolous waste of an app and storage space to me. I don't see any real advantage but I don't view my phone as a toy, it's a tool.

Yeah no. It seems like a frivolous waste of an app and storage space to me. I don't see any real advantage but I don't view my phone as a toy, it's a tool.

The launchers or the Zooper widget?

On the contrary they both don't take up much space and in some cases boost phone performance ever so slightly. Of course it will lag your phone slightly in the case of Zooper if you have hundreds of things going on all at once.

Does anyone use any "cleaners"?

Since Android Backs Eeevevything up in the Cache, even after restart, you save some space by deleting some stuff created by the Apps.

I use CM Lite, but I bet there are some other ones too. Anybody know any?

Screw this stuff, i'm sticking with using public pay phones. They're way less incontinent and unlike you lot I never have to deal with a flat battery or accidentally bricking my phone.

red-phone-box.jpg

PublicPayPhones_opt.jpg

2012nycpayphonepic.jpg
skynews.img.1200.745.jpeg

Does anyone use any "cleaners"?

Since Android Backs Eeevevything up in the Cache, even after restart, you save some space by deleting some stuff created by the Apps.

I use CM Lite, but I bet there are some other ones too. Anybody know any?

I use CCleaner which I usually run about one a week.

You can upgrade to the "pro" version but I cannot see any benefits other than getting rid of the ads on it. The free version does everything I need for cleaning up :)