Lay with dog name Lance, get flea named Levi Leipheimer

So we find out about Levi's abnormal blood values 5-years after the fact. Looks like old Hans is going to be making some big money from this new book. Wonder if the book implicates other riders.

i can see the current doping allegations being a part of his platform for advertising.

Enough is enough!! Why don't they just come out and say that all American cyclists are doping. This way we can just buy one book and be done with it. Why doesn’t the UCI post all the results online for everyone to see? Wouldn’t this be shock to see? Then all these people trying to sell books would have proof of what they claim.

roadhouse said:
poor guy hugged Lance's nut harder than i did.

I doubt that, even his girlfriend can't step to you in that regard. :D

Seriously though, all jokes aside, at which point exactly did you decide to flip over to the completely other side of Lance ?

Was it because he didn't win the TDF ?

and landis said what was the type of blood manipulation discovery engaged in? seems mr. novitzky might have a few questions for leipheimer in the near future.

slovakguy said:
and landis said what was the type of blood manipulation discovery engaged in? seems mr. novitzky might have a few questions for leipheimer in the near future.

This was while at Gerolsteiner and I think he only rode fo U.S Postal for a 2 years (I think). I'm sure Novitzky has a long list of people he wants to talk to, Levi included, but maybe pretty far down the list.

In LL's defence he didn't have a high enough blood score to get him kicked out of the Tour. Skin of his teeth though.

gman0482 said:
I doubt that, even his girlfriend can't step to you in that regard. :D

Seriously though, all jokes aside, at which point exactly did you decide to flip over to the completely other side of Lance ?

Was it because he didn't win the TDF ?

< snip >

no, i was still behind him at the time of him just cruising to the line after his 8th and final crash which solidified his not having a chance at the win, even posting a thread on another forum titled "Hey Lance, Thanks for everything" right after that to which others quickly followed suit.

it was after reading Floyd's book which had some insight as to how Lance treated people ( how team mates didn't receive bikes and Landis himself received a few years old bike to race on that broke in a sprint<postal was selling bikes to pay for dope>) and how when Floyd spoke up about those things Lance gave him the cold shoulder, and how Lance tried to interrupt his Phonak deal and then the finale, the Nightline intrerview, it just came to a screeching hault, about a week ago. .I was so, so blind.

he's a phucking asshole. i don't mind arrogance but i do mind dickheads.

roadhouse said:
< snip >

no, i was still behind him at the time of him just cruising to the line after his 8th and final crash which solidified his not having a chance at the win, even posting a thread on another forum titled "Hey Lance, Thanks for everything" right after that to which others quickly followed suit.

it was after reading Floyd's book which had some insight as to how Lance treated people ( how team mates didn't receive bikes and Landis himself received a few years old bike to race on that broke in a sprint<postal was selling bikes to pay for dope>) and how when Floyd spoke up about those things Lance gave him the cold shoulder, and how Lance tried to interrupt his Phonak deal and then the finale, the Nightline intrerview, it just came to a screeching hault, about a week ago. .I was so, so blind.

he's a phucking asshole. i don't mind arrogance but i do mind dickheads.

Sounds like you have a bit of a man crush on Flandis now.:D

i like and connect with his upbringing, i like his early family life, i like how he stood up for himself in the face of Lance and turned him when offered to remain with old Team Postal/Lance's new Discovery and i feel sorry for him that he got mixed up in all of this doping ****.....b!tch. :D

roadhouse said:
i like and connect with his upbringing, i like his early family life, i like how he stood up for himself in the face of Lance and turned him when offered to remain with old Team Postal/Lance's new Discovery and i feel sorry for him that he got mixed up in all of this doping ****.....b!tch. :D

His moral character has taken a big hit and it is pretty sad to see such a great cyclist riding a TT in a grey t-shirt. I still can't blame lance and USPS for his drug use. Phonak had quite the list of dopers as well and he had the ability to come clean when he relinquished the tour win. If his anti-doping escapade after the tour didn't happen and the man just came clean, I would have more respect for him.

In regard to Landis, I still think he deserves a second chance and would like to see him back in a real race. I don't think he is evil, but just someone that made bad decisions. Lets face it, didn't Marion Barry get re-elected as Washington D.C's mayor after being caught smoking crack with a prostitute?

pennstater said:
His moral character has taken a big hit and it is pretty sad to see such a great cyclist riding a TT in a grey t-shirt. I still can't blame lance and USPS for his drug use. Phonak had quite the list of dopers as well and he had the ability to come clean when he relinquished the tour win. If his anti-doping escapade after the tour didn't happen and the man just came clean, I would have more respect for him.

In regard to Landis, I still think he deserves a second chance and would like to see him back in a real race. I don't think he is evil, but just someone that made bad decisions. Lets face it, didn't Marion Barry get re-elected as Washington D.C's mayor after being caught smoking crack with a prostitute?

i agree, i can't say with any certainty that he wouldn't have doped had it not been for Lance, all pros are doing it and he would've done it anyway and might have prior to team Postal, i don't know but he was there with Lance for three years before he went to Phonak.

his character took a hit from the moment he left his Mennonite community and it's his family i feel sorry for most of all. his Mother literally almost had a heart attack because she read an interview in which Landis said the word 'hell', as in "I gave them." She wrote him a letter about that, all "God this and God that, don't compromise your integrity" in which in his book he says he felt terrible about that but that obviously didn't work and he went deeper into lying. I think he was trying to fight it moreso for that reason, he couldn't bare to let them know he cheated which brings me back full circle to feeling bad for his family after it was all said and done as he really got in over his head.

Now on the other hand in regards to him not coming out previously, what's being said now by him leads me to believe that if it is true that Lance got him into doping then he thought he could take the same route as he witnessed the entire procedure first hand, up to and including getting away with it.

I don't know the reason, it's all just sad no matter which way you look at it.

Hey road, what's this anti - Lance campaign about? You didn't get promised brilliants for work you've done so far?
Where's No_Positives?

roadhouse said:

The dope probably made him have an affair with that female team staff member also.
Oops, that hasn't been brought out yet, has it?

jhuskey said:
The dope probably made him have an affair with that female team staff member also.
Oops, that hasn't been brought out yet, has it?

you done did it now jhuskey:eek:

pennstater said:
This was while at Gerolsteiner and I think he only rode fo U.S Postal for a 2 years (I think). I'm sure Novitzky has a long list of people he wants to talk to, Levi included, but maybe pretty far down the list.

In LL's defence he didn't have a high enough blood score to get him kicked out of the Tour. Skin of his teeth though.

oh, i read the article and understand that this is from leipheimer's days at gerolsteiner, but one does wonder if he learned his trade at another shop and just took it with him...kinda like hamilton, landis, heras and a few others. what i'm getting at is that landis' claims don't look so vindictive, especially with the articles hitting about an "unnamed rider" at discovery who has detailed the regime and said that it occurred with armstrong's knowledge and encouragement.

Leipheimer was handed a subpoena at the airport when he arrived back in the U.S. from France.

I wonder what he will say...