Lay with dog name Lance, get flea named Levi Leipheimer

Bro Deal said:
Other riders have confirmed that there was a doping program at Postal. This thing is gathering steam every week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/sports/cycling/05armstrong.html

Is it rider or riders? When I read this I thought it might be Andreu who has already spilled the beans hasn't he? Hamilton hasn't got much to lose these days and hasn't Vaughters already hinted at doping during his time at Postal?

IMHO, this just shows that an amnesty makes more and more sense. Let's get it all out and move on.

Bro Deal said:
Other riders have confirmed that there was a doping program at Postal. This thing is gathering steam every week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/sports/cycling/05armstrong.html

Nothing concrete of yet.

Just that 2 members of US Postal team had driven 10km to throw a bunch of (200?) syringes in the garbage.

Just because 2 members of US Postal team had driven 10km to throw syringes in the garbage isn't evidence Lance used the syringes himself.

Allegations aren't solid enough, its all been speculation at best so far.

Hey Bro Deal...

Its your good friend BPC from CyclingNews.

Got that club up & running yet?.

:D:D:D:D:D

slovakguy said:
oh, i read the article and understand that this is from leipheimer's days at gerolsteiner, but one does wonder if he learned his trade at another shop and just took it with him...kinda like hamilton, landis, heras and a few others. what i'm getting at is that landis' claims don't look so vindictive, especially with the articles hitting about an "unnamed rider" at discovery who has detailed the regime and said that it occurred with armstrong's knowledge and encouragement.

Sorry, didn't want to make it sound like you didn't read the article, I just thought there would be others the Feds coveted other than LL, although it sounds like I may be wrong. Do the Feds have much power to question foreign riders like Heras? Just wondering how much involvement the foreign riders may have in this process.

mrfrogger said:
Is it rider or riders? When I read this I thought it might be Andreu who has already spilled the beans hasn't he? Hamilton hasn't got much to lose these days and hasn't Vaughters already hinted at doping during his time at Postal?

IMHO, this just shows that an amnesty makes more and more sense. Let's get it all out and move on.

well amnesty and threat of jail time for lying to a federal grand jury.. just ask martha steward and marion jones... both did jail time for lying to federal grand juries..

Chapeau! said:
Hey Bro Deal...

Its your good friend BPC from CyclingNews.

Got that club up & running yet?.

Oh, yeah. Mike Clark. Crazy guy who was run off medialens.org. I imagine we will be getting some real good stories about your looniness from the medialens guys.

doctorSpoc said:
well amnesty and threat of jail time for lying to a federal grand jury.. just ask martha steward and marion jones... both did jail time for lying to federal grand juries..

Martha and Marion would no doubt tell me that lying is bad. However I don't think lynching up a few bike riders with green cards will really help in the long run. This isn't Novawhatzky's fault, this isn't just an American problem.

As I type this, I realise we're never going to see totally clean cycling (or football, athletics etc). Surely it can get a bit cleaner than the last fifteen or so years though.

They haven’t got cleaner, just better at masking it. This is going to a huge uphill battle to clean up pro athletes. It’s all about the pressure to perform and win for the big money men.

pennstater said:
In regard to Landis, I still think he deserves a second chance and would like to see him back in a real race. I don't think he is evil, but just someone that made bad decisions. Lets face it, didn't Marion Barry get re-elected as Washington D.C's mayor after being caught smoking crack with a prostitute?

who else would you smoke crack with BUT a prostitute

roadhouse said:
< snip >

no, i was still behind him at the time of him just cruising to the line after his 8th and final crash which solidified his not having a chance at the win, even posting a thread on another forum titled "Hey Lance, Thanks for everything" right after that to which others quickly followed suit.

it was after reading Floyd's book which had some insight as to how Lance treated people ( how team mates didn't receive bikes and Landis himself received a few years old bike to race on that broke in a sprint<postal was selling bikes to pay for dope>) and how when Floyd spoke up about those things Lance gave him the cold shoulder, and how Lance tried to interrupt his Phonak deal and then the finale, the Nightline intrerview, it just came to a screeching hault, about a week ago. .I was so, so blind.

he's a phucking asshole. i don't mind arrogance but i do mind dickheads.

Wow what a turn around, next you'll be voting Democrat!

yes, it sure was quite the turnaround. he was the last persons i believed in and there are not many that i do to begin with but once that line is crossed, phuck 'em.

As I said earlier, when alleged doping systems are exposed to civil authority investigations, we see this sort of blame game start.

The riders and managers begin to realise that individual responsibility takes precedence and CYA (cover your ****) kicks in.
We saw this at Festina.
We saw it at Liberty.

The recriminations will start in earnest.

roadhouse said:
yes, it sure was quite the turnaround. he was the last persons i believed in and there are not many that i do to begin with but once that line is crossed, phuck 'em.
Really road, what's this all about?
You've started 6 anti - Lance threads recently, that's more than you've been starting during your Lance - worship days. Your activity goes beyond activity of Armstrong's biggest haters here. It's more than disappointment, isn't it?
Did you get the same treatment as his team mates regarding payment?
Or you don't want to be board idiot anymore?
Do you still share the same room with No_Positives?

roadhouse said:

Strikes me that you're still obsessed with Lance whether you love him or hate him.

i wouldn't go as far a to say obsessed, interested in the story from start to finish without a doubt.

hey listen, just because you all haven't had anyone in your entire country believed to be honest and clean win seven strait tours and no less a manner that would make Superman jealous, none of your riders could ever emulate in your country's history, past present future and then find out he's the biggest damn liar in the world, don't go knocking me for following it all...

thanks for reminding me though, i got some checking of the news to do. :D

roadhouse said:
i wouldn't go as far a to say obsessed, interested in the story from start to finish without a doubt.

hey listen, just because you all haven't had anyone in your entire country believed to be honest and clean win seven strait tours and no less a manner that would make Superman jealous, none of your riders could ever emulate in your country's history, past present future and then find out he's the biggest damn liar in the world, don't go knocking me for following it all...

thanks for reminding me though, i got some checking of the news to do. :D

No need to get all nationalistic on my ass. Just for the record the first English speaking World road champ, winner of Milan San Remo, Flanders, Lombardy etc...was an Englishman.

i have very close family born and raised and living in England so don't get bent all out of shape, over in Kent. my Aunt's and cousins accent just crack me the hell up, can't wait to hear it again this Christmas!

roadhouse said:
i have very close family born and raised and living in England so don't get bent all out of shape, over in Kent. my Aunt's and cousins accent just crack me the hell up, can't wait to hear it again this Christmas!

If your avatar is anything to go by I think you're the one getting "bent all out of shape".

eat my shorts! :) nah, i guess i could've worded myself a bit different. i just meant that i have no real indifference or preference from one continent to another, they are all occupied by humans, it's just that this one is home to The Cycling Great/Fraud, same difference.

roadhouse said:

You wouldn't be allowed enter Kent, roadhouse:D