LBC 97.3 London local radio

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Paulmouk, May 13, 2004.

  1. Paulmouk

    Paulmouk Guest

    There was a report on today 6:30 pm with a reporter at a
    Thames crossing (Blackfriars Bridge?) talking about how
    dangerous it is where bike lanes 'just stop'.

    They then had a spokeslady from ROSPA saying how more bike
    lanes are needed and although she cycles 'she only does so
    where there are good cycle lanes available'.

    After the ROSPA interview they cut back to the reporter who
    finished by saying that many cyclists don't help themselves
    as they aren't wearing helmets!

    I can't remember the exact sentence as I started frothing
    and rushed off to send an e-mail which
    a) didn't get read out.
    b) probably arrived too late to be used anyway as the show
    finished at 7pm and there are traffic reports, weather
    forecasts, sponsors adverts etc etc to fit in.

    Paul.

    Tags:

  2. >They then had a spokeslady from ROSPA saying how more bike
    >lanes are needed and although she cycles 'she only does so
    >where there are good cycle lanes available'.

    The she is a fool and a dangerous one too, sending out such
    a message. Perhaps the CTC should be getting involved???

    Cheers, helen s

    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
    correct one remove fame & fortune

    --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel
    is switched off--

  3. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:31:44 +0100, Paulmouk wrote:

    > After the ROSPA interview they cut back to the reporter
    > who finished by saying that many cyclists don't help
    > themselves as they aren't wearing helmets!

    Really? A friend and I got up for 6am last Thursday, to be
    interviewed by LBC about commuting to work in London. Both
    of us were wearing helmets.

  4. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:31:44 +0100, Paulmouk wrote:

    > After the ROSPA interview they cut back to the reporter
    > who finished by saying that many cyclists don't help
    > themselves as they aren't wearing helmets!

    Good God. What good would wearing a helmet have done to the
    poor people who have recently been run down by buses, run
    over by a cement mixer, and remember the courier killed on
    Southwark Bridge by a left turning lorry? By all reports he
    was stationary at the time.

  5. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:31:44 +0100, Paulmouk wrote:

    > There was a report on today 6:30 pm with a reporter at a
    > Thames crossing
    Sorry to reply for the third time. I've just been out for
    an evenings trundle, down the Old Kent Road, through
    Burgess Park and back through Peckham and the Surrey Canal
    Road. A mix of bike paths through the park and some major
    roads. My feelings of 'everythings all right with the
    world' have just been spoiled. I can;t make up my mind who
    annoys me most - the RSOPA person implying I shouldn't be
    on the road, or the reporter.

    (ps. I was wearing a helmet, which my choice.)

  6. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:31:44 +0100, Paulmouk wrote:

    > There was a report on today 6:30 pm with a reporter at a
    > Thames crossing
    Sorry to reply for the third time. I've just been out for
    an evenings trundle, down the Old Kent Road, through
    Burgess Park and back through Peckham and the Surrey Canal
    Road. A mix of bike paths through the park and some major
    roads. My feelings of 'everythings all right with the
    world' have just been spoiled. I can;t make up my mind who
    annoys me most - the RSOPA person implying I shouldn't be
    on the road, or the reporter.

    (ps. I was wearing a helmet, which my choice.)

  7. Paulmouk

    Paulmouk Guest

    "John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:31:44 +0100, Paulmouk wrote:
    >

    > > After the ROSPA interview they cut back to the reporter
    > > who finished by saying that many cyclists don't help
    > > themselves as they aren't wearing helmets!
    > >
    > Really? A friend and I got up for 6am last Thursday, to be
    > interviewed by LBC about commuting to work in London. Both
    > of us were wearing helmets.

    I heard the last part of the interview but not your bit.

    Paul