LBL, Der JAN cont'd

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bikerecker, Apr 21, 2003.

  1. Bikerecker

    Bikerecker Guest

    Lance is on form and supposedly motivated, so is Jan, and there are 15-20 other super contenders.
    This should be a knock down drag out the likes of which we haven't seen in eons. The larger pre-Tour
    picture comes into play, adding drama. YEEE HAAA Greg

    Tags:

  2. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    [email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote:

    >Lance is on form and supposedly motivated, so is Jan, and there are 15-20 other super contenders.
    >This should be a knock down drag out the likes of which we haven't seen in eons. The larger
    >pre-Tour picture comes into play, adding drama. YEEE HAAA

    Exactly for these reasons I expect a surprise winner running away in a solo break in some flat part
    and holding on until the end, sort of like Van Lancker did in 1990

  3. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote:

    > Lance is on form and supposedly motivated, so is Jan, and there are
    15-20 other
    > super contenders. This should be a knock down drag out the likes of which we haven't seen in eons.
    > The larger pre-Tour picture comes into play, adding drama. YEEE HAAA Greg

    ITA, bring it on.

    Jan may not win the tour this year, but if he does the tour he could for sure get some stage wins.

  4. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Bikerecker wrote:
    > Lance is on form and supposedly motivated, so is Jan, and there are 15-20 other super contenders.
    > This should be a knock down drag out the likes of which we haven't seen in eons. The larger
    > pre-Tour picture comes into play, adding drama. YEEE HAAA

    I don't think that Jan is in form. He's in better form than we've seen him in a long while, but I
    don't think he's in form yet. Sure, he won a 1.2 race, but his whole comeback relies on pain (if you
    read his comments about his comeback trail) and I think this race caused him plenty of that. Top 20
    in LBL, but I think he'll either be out of position to join the finale, or get dropped by it.