LBL route change....

hi and thanks for the article. I would like to do LBL route one day, by car. In Bastogne there is also a Second World War monument, a decisive battle took place there.

I was watching the direct broadcast from that 1995 TDF stage, maybe it was ok for Bruyneel to sprint and win the stage ( after riding on Indurain's wheel without taking one single turn, during 10 or 20 kilometres). But he should not had celebrated it like he did, like it was so deserved for him to win the stage.

vspa said:
I was watching the direct broadcast from that 1995 TDF stage, maybe it was ok for Bruyneel to sprint and win the stage ( after riding on Indurain's wheel without taking one single turn, during 10 or 20 kilometres). But he should not had celebrated it like he did, like it was so deserved for him to win the stage.

With his team leader going after yellow you really expected him to 'ride'? Just curious if you have the tactical nouse of a dead moose that's all...

he should have done a more discreet celebration when crossing the line, like the same Indurain when he won the Luz Ardiden 1990 tour stage ahead of Lemond.

vspa - in the world of pro cycling, it's indurain's fault because he couldn't drop bruyneel on the climb. as the article indicated and swampy said, bruyneel had a teammate riding for the overall and indurain knew that he wouldn't get help from him. he wasn't at all concerned with the stage victory. as for why bruyneel celebrated, he just won a stage on cycling's biggest stage, and likely the only people that frowned on that were the spanish press. it was one of the biggest moments in his cycling career, so you can't really bust his chops for being that stoked!