LBL: Ullrich finishes....

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, Apr 27, 2003.

  1. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Hey, that's the point. He didn't abandon. He finished, and not that far back, either. Maybe a
    minute-and-a-half? In the same group as VDB.

    Axel Merckx looked good for a long, long time. (He makes those little climbers look like pygmies).
    It must be tough to know that you're one of the elite racers in the world, one of the best of the
    best, and still only second-best in your family.

    CSC's Sorensen pulled everyone up Sart-Tilman to put Hamilton in striking distance. That guy
    deserves a bonus. He's the one who made the race.

    When Boogerd went clear with 3km to go, he was probably thinking how sweet his dinner was going to
    be tonight. Now every bite, and Armstrong's too, will taste like wormwood.

    Tags:

  2. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Robert Chung" <.fr...
    > Hey, that's the point. He didn't abandon. He finished, and not that far back, either. Maybe a
    > minute-and-a-half? In the same group as VDB.
    >
    > Axel Merckx looked good for a long, long time. (He makes those little climbers look like pygmies).
    > It must be tough to know that you're one of
    the
    > elite racers in the world, one of the best of the best, and still only second-best in your family.
    >
    > CSC's Sorensen pulled everyone up Sart-Tilman to put Hamilton in striking distance. That guy
    > deserves a bonus. He's the one who made the race.

    Anyone else totally amazing Tyler took this race? Wow.

    > When Boogerd went clear with 3km to go, he was probably thinking how sweet his dinner was going to
    > be tonight. Now every bite, and Armstrong's too, will taste like wormwood.

  3. "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey, that's the point. He didn't abandon. He finished, and not that far back, either. Maybe a
    > minute-and-a-half? In the same group as VDB.

    Armstrong has said that Ullrich is the biggest talent out there. I guess his right.

  4. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Anyone else totally amazing Tyler took this race?

    No doubt you are in emotional turmoil at the moment, torn between unleashing streams of tears over
    LANCE!'s loss, and spurting streams of jizz over Hamilton's win, but, please, try to use complete
    sentences when posting.

  5. In article <[email protected]>, "Ken Papai"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Robert Chung" <.fr...
    > > Hey, that's the point. He didn't abandon. He finished, and not that far back, either. Maybe a
    > > minute-and-a-half? In the same group as VDB.
    > >
    > > Axel Merckx looked good for a long, long time. (He makes those little climbers look like
    > > pygmies). It must be tough to know that you're one of
    > the
    > > elite racers in the world, one of the best of the best, and still only second-best in your
    > > family.
    > >
    > > CSC's Sorensen pulled everyone up Sart-Tilman to put Hamilton in striking distance. That guy
    > > deserves a bonus. He's the one who made the race.
    >
    > Anyone else totally amazing Tyler took this race? Wow.
    >
    > > When Boogerd went clear with 3km to go, he was probably thinking how sweet his dinner was going
    > > to be tonight. Now every bite, and Armstrong's too, will taste like wormwood.

    I was not predicting it! I actually had casagrande, boogerd or rebellin in the top 3 (didn't predict
    the order). Boy, was I off, except for boogerd. Casagrande finished 5th, so that's not too far off.
    I never would have predicted Hamilton. But I knew Armstrong would not win. I picked him for the top
    ten, however.

  6. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    " Tim Mullin" <[email protected]> wrote ...

    > "Ken Papai" <[email protected]@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net...
    >
    > > Anyone else totally [amazed] Tyler took this race?
    >
    > No doubt you are in emotional turmoil at the moment, torn between
    unleashing
    > streams of tears over LANCE!'s loss, and [gloating] over Hamilton's win, but, please, try to use
    > complete sentences when posting.

    You are right. I thought LANCE was gonna finally win this one. Tyler took over, I can hardly wait to
    see the video on this on OLN (soon?).

    -kjp

  7. "Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hey, that's the point. He didn't abandon. He finished, and not that far back, either. Maybe a
    > > minute-and-a-half? In the same group as VDB.
    >
    > Armstrong has said that Ullrich is the biggest talent out there. I guess
    his
    > right.

    That has been known ever since Fattie Jan got 2nd in his first TdF at the age of 21.

  8. On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:02:09 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    >CSC's Sorensen pulled everyone up Sart-Tilman to put Hamilton in striking distance. That guy
    >deserves a bonus. He's the one who made the race.

    Freire did a LOT of work too, he was the one bringing the group back to 5 sec at the foot
    of the hill.

  9. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Axel Merckx looked good for a long, long time. (He makes those
    little
    > climbers look like pygmies). It must be tough to know that you're
    one of the
    > elite racers in the world, one of the best of the best, and still
    only
    > second-best in your family.

    It must be even worse to be Miguel Indurain and know that you could never measure up to the
    great Eddy.

  10. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  11. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

  12. Amit

    Amit Guest

    "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<%hUqa.372007

    > You are right. I thought LANCE was gonna finally win this one. Tyler took over, I can hardly wait
    > to see the video on this on OLN (soon?).

    I don't see LBL listed in OLN's cycling schedule ? Will it be shown ?

    -Amit

  13. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:02:09 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    > >CSC's Sorensen pulled everyone up Sart-Tilman to put Hamilton in striking distance. That guy
    > >deserves a bonus. He's the one who made the race.
    >
    > Freire did a LOT of work too, he was the one bringing the group back to 5 sec at the foot of
    > the hill.

    Yeah, it's nice to have teammates when you need 'em. The USPS start list (see:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/worldcup03/lbl03/?id=startlist) looked like it could be the TdF
    startlist if you add Hincapie. How many Posties finished?
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/worldcup03/lbl03/?id=results By the time they got to La Redoute
    it looked like Armstrong was already isolated.

  14. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  15. Ken Lyons

    Ken Lyons Guest

    Amit <[email protected]> wrote
    > I don't see LBL listed in OLN's cycling schedule ? Will it be shown ?

    Thursday at 7:00pm EDT. It's little difficult to find. Click on "TV Schedule" and select May 1 from
    the calendar.

    --
    Ken Lyons (remove the year to reply)