LBS in Wood Green, North London?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter Grange, Apr 6, 2003.

  1. Peter Grange

    Peter Grange Guest

    Could anyone recommend a good LBS in the Wood Green area of North London please? It's for a
    non-bike-literate friend who needs some minor repairs to a bike. TIA

    Pete

    Remove crude spam trap to reply.
    --
    Peter Grange

    Tags:

  2. Peter Simons

    Peter Simons Guest

    Peter Grange wrote:

    > Could anyone recommend a good LBS in the Wood Green area of North London please? It's for a
    > non-bike-literate friend who needs some minor repairs to a bike. TIA

    http://www.shorter-rochford.co.uk/

    Peter

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Peter Grange wrote:
    > Could anyone recommend a good LBS in the Wood Green area of North London please? It's for a
    > non-bike-literate friend who needs some minor repairs to a bike.

    Unfortunately, the best one in the area, Days, closed down a few years ago.

    A little tiny shop that's fine for most minor repairs is: North London Auto Cycles, 29 Great
    Cambridge Road, N17 (on the corner of White Heart Lane). It's quite a short bike ride away from Wood
    Green centre (or a long walk, I'm afraid).

    If it's a particularly good bike, then it's worth going all the way to Shorter Rochford in
    North Finchley.

    I wouldn't trust Action Bikes to polish my saddle!

    ~PB

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    I wrote:
    > A little tiny shop that's fine for most minor repairs is: North London Auto Cycles, 29 Great
    > Cambridge Road, N17 (on the corner of White Heart Lane).

    (South west corner of the junction, more on WH Lane than Gt Cambridge Rd, really).

    ~PB

  5. Tony R

    Tony R Guest

    "Peter Grange" <[email protected]_THISplgrange.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Could anyone recommend a good LBS in the Wood Green area of North London please? It's for a
    > non-bike-literate friend who needs some minor repairs to a bike. TIA
    >
    > Pete
    >
    > Remove crude spam trap to reply.
    > --
    > Peter Grange

    Stay clear of the Action Bikes at the Turnpike lane end of the High Rd. I used to use a shop in
    Crouch End occasionally that seemed pretty good. I've forgotten the name of it but it was next to
    that old church that is now Dave Stewart's recording studio. Tony R.

  6. Peter Grange

    Peter Grange Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Pete Biggs
    <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> writes
    >I wrote:
    >> A little tiny shop that's fine for most minor repairs is: North London Auto Cycles, 29 Great
    >> Cambridge Road, N17 (on the corner of White Heart Lane).
    >
    >(South west corner of the junction, more on WH Lane than Gt Cambridge Rd, really).
    >
    >~PB

    Thanks for the responses, I'll forward them on.

    --
    Peter Grange